“the worst hotel i have stayed in and the rudest service i have EVER encountered.”
Review of Parkville Motel

Parkville Motel
Parkville Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brunswick
adelaide
Reviewed January 5, 2011

THE WORST MOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN. The rooms were dirty and boiling hot despite it being normal weather while we were there. I suspect the decor hasn't been updated since they opened. But the worst part was the arrogant and nosy owner who was practically spying on me and my friends while we stayed there. She made completely untrue allegations to our noise levels (when we weren't even at the motel at the time!) and tried to enter our room early one morning while she thought we were asleep to 'check' on us! They also kept ringing our room and claiming to have the 'wrong number' to see if we were in the room in the mornings. Obviously they think all people under 30 are the devil. We were looking for a relaxing weekend away to visit our friend who lived close by (which is why i chose it) but the rudeness of the owner added a unnecessary amount of tension to our trip. I have never experienced such rudeness in all my life. I do not recommended this motel unless you like dirty and hotel rooms with people monitoring your every move.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank illsay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hornsby, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2010

dont use, run down seedy joint. rooms nothing like those portrayed on websites staff rude and unobliging

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dougHornsby

Travelers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

melbourne
Reviewed February 7, 2010

We arrived to Parkville Motel for a week and we were immediately disappointed. The room smelt slightly and there was a gap around the door which we tried to block with towels etc. However this was not enough. There was a concealed ants nest outside the door and ants consistantly came in. I notified the reception of the ants and they sprayed some insect repellant but again that did not stop them.

We arrived back late one night to hundreds of ants in the room after the food. Granted we shouldn't have left one biscuit on the side but it was horrible site to come back to. The reception wasn't contactable after 9pm (and if you did contact them apparently they charge you) so we managed the situation ourself.

Another thing that they don't tell you about is the cost of using the laundry facilities and the costly internet!! I was confronted with a very rude owner when I tried to use the laundry facilities (when I was told they were complimentary the first time and no mention of the $8 per load). I'm not impressed with this motel and it is the worse place I've ever stayed. I wouldn't recommend it to my dog and if you are staying there be prepared with insect killer.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cheryljackson44
Lisa_S_759, Owner at Parkville Motel, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
This guest left much more than 1 biscuit laying unconcealed in the room. We have a pest inspector review the motel every 3 months to make sure we are meeting strict health regulations. If guests leave food lying around we cannot promise that ants will not enter room as our doors open directly outside.
Victoria
Reviewed October 9, 2006

We stayed at the Parkville Hotel, Park Street, Parkville which is located near the Melbourne Zoo. Thats why we booked it.
However, the location was the only good thing about the motel.

The room was dirty, the blankets needed a good wash, and there was layers of dust on everything. It also smelt terrible even though it was advertised as a non smoking room. We booked for three people, myself, my husband and a four year old to be accomodated on a sofa bed. The sofa bed wasn't made up on arrival, and we had to make it ourselves. The tiles in the bathroom area around the shower area and toilet were filthy and there was bits of who knows what stuck to them. The hot water supply was actually very good, with good pressure at a hot temperature.

The 'basic kitchenette' facilities advertised consisted of a small microwave which didn't work properly, an old toaster, and a fridge which one would expect to find in any motel room. There was no crockery or cutlery to cook toast. Basic kitchenette one would assume would have at least two plates, knives and forks etc.

Perhaps the worst thing of all was the used condom my husband found just under the bed amongst the layers of dust when we were checking for left behind toys.

Whilst we understand it is a supposedly three and a half star hotel and is favourably priced for the area, there is no excuse for poor hygiene and my recommendation is to look elsewhere if you are visiting the Melbourne Zoo area. The Vibe Carlton for about $30 extra dollars a night would have been a much better choice within walking distance to the zoo.

13 Thank OzTraveller1Child
Lisa_S_759, Owner at Parkville Motel, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Please be advised that there are new owners since this post!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Parkville
Quest Flemington
#54 of 159 in Melbourne
Parkville Place Apartments
#3 of 3 in Brunswick

Been to Parkville Motel? Share your experiences!