Parkville Place Apartments
Parkville Motel(Brunswick)
$64
$62
Hotwire.com
Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne(Melbourne)
$75
  • Pool
$84
$82
$84
$81
Hotels.com
Naughtons Parkville Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$69
$65
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$107
$102
  • Fitness center
$72
$77
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvalue for moneygreat locationapartment was cleanlygon streetvanity unitserviced dailyno frillsroad noisehandy locationthe ground floorstayed nightsshort walkcity centreaccommodationtramkitchenetteinternet
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I picked these apartments because I needed to be within walking distance to the Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park Campus. Based on other reviews that I had read I requested a room at the back of the hotel to cut down traffic noise. Unfortunately this request was unable to be accommodated and we were in an apartment facing right onto Brunswick Road. Brunswick Road is a very busy main road in Melbourne so if you are a light sleeper you need to consider this. We stayed in apartment 9 and this was definitely not double glazed. The noise of traffic was considerable but it did ease off during the night.

We were in a two bedroom family apartment and stayed for 5 nights.

The Good:
Clean bathroom with towels changed daily if needed.
Clean but very small kitchenette. I found the facility really only adequate to make breakfast.
Comfortable beds.
Staff generally were helpful.
We never ran out of hot water with 3 people showering daily.
Great location. Near to trams and great restaurants.
Sensitive smoke alarms (both good and bad). Read on.
Locked front-door after hours which provided some security.

The not so good:
Very noisy. No double glazing in our room.
Grubby carpet's throughout.
Dusty and dirty windowsills, curtains and windows.
Bedside light not working and was not fixed despite reporting it.
Extremely sensitive smoke alarms. I found it necessary to open windows and keep the extractor fan on for quite a while when boiling eggs and cooking toast. Although nothing was burnt the alarms went off twice in my room. In the end I was fearful to cook anything. The first time this happened my husband raced down to reception to let them now it was a false alarm. We were informed that the alarms were not connected to the fire stations so no fire engines arrived.
The internet in the foyer did not work. I was not able to access the most basic of websites, e.g. hotmail.

Overall: We paid $165.00 per night which for Melbourne would be considered to be very reasonable. Although I was grateful for comfortable beds, for me, the negative points outweigh the positive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Parkville, Owner at Parkville Place Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Clare
Thanks for taking the time to post a review on our apartments.
A couple of points in response:
• The room type you booked, Family Apartment is not available of the side of the building away from the road thus the reason we could not accommodate your request.
• All Family Apartments on the road side have now been double glazed as of 5/11/12.
• I acknowledge that the carpets on level 2 are worn and require replacing, something that is on our list to be done.
• I dispute that the Internet either at the reception console is or was not working. Every day we have numerous people using it and as long as you are signed in correctly there is never a problem.
• I will get the smoke alarm serviced by our electrician.
• No excuse for dirty windows and dust – I will certainly look into that with the housekeepers.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Third stay at Parkville Place and still very happy. Healthy walk to tram or train. Aldi and Coles closeby and plenty of interesting and good food places. Staff always helpful. This is budget accommodation so don't expect the Ritz!
Thanks for another great value for money stay

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our apartments, we appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Convenient, friendly and you can cook too. Parking a bit tight for a big car..but it is free and undercover. Will stay here again

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Friendly and smiley employees and they are very helpful. Rooms are comfortable. Little kitchen which you can make your own food and TV with good channels and most important very good internet connection. Everything you need with average price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thank you Valletta for your positive feedback, look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I found this place by accident whle searching for accomodation in Melbourne. What I needed was a place to accmodate 5 persons with parking bays, a place close to stores and restaurants, come with a simple kitchen and a place I can call home. Parkville Place fulfilled all these criterias. Although the room was a bit small but it didn't matter to me because I am paid a very cheap rate for it. After all, we only need a place to stay after touring Melbourne. I would like t o recommend this place to those who travel light and without children. One more thing, this small apartment has a lift, so disabled people who require wheelchair can move easily in this apartment.

The famous Lygon Street is just about 200 metres away and you can literally get almost everything there.

Room Tip: Most windows at this apartment are double glass. Minimal noise enter the room except those from Harley Davison and cars with big exhaust.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thanks for the positive feedback, we appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again in the future.