“Lebanese for foodies”

Mankoushe Brunswick
Ranked #78 of 275 Restaurants in Brunswick
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Ate at Mankoushe on a whim one Sunday evening.

Living in Brunswick there are numerous Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern restaurants in the area however this one is very good.
It is set up for small dish sharing (mezzo) with a delightful range of dishes on offer.
It is definitely a cut above the usual Lebanese restaurant and whilst not quite in the Abla’s class it is none the less, very good and well worth a visit.

Note it is BYO and cash only

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Mankoushe showcases the best of what Middle Eastern food to offer. The food is designed to be shared which is ideal when you have multiple people so you can try more things. We went as a party of five and ordered five dishes and two desserts, the cost came to less than $30 each and this included corkage as the restaurant is BYO. The standout for me was the lamb shank but all dishes were really good. The service was friendly and attentive and overall the place had a great vibe. It is cash only however there are plenty of places nearby to withdraw money so this isn't an issue.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

I usually love this place but when I went here tonight with my partner unfortunately the owner was so rude, abrupt and cold to us, it was as if he was annoyed that we had even walked in! Not sure what the problem was, but when you spend quite a lot of money somewhere, the last thing you deserve is to be treated gruffly, and given how pricey their food is, customer service should be impeccable. This is Mankoushe not some takeaway joint.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Three of us dined at Mankoushe for Saturday night dinner. We are all vegetarian and 2 of us are gluten-free. What a feast we had! If you think roast pumpkin is boring you need to try Mankoushes! The baby okra stew was delicious, the labne and beetroot divine! The caramelised leek on the lentil salad makes it a whole new taste sensation. I have eaten a lot of vegetarian dishes, but never have I enjoyed so much variety in one meal. And the atmosphere is fantastic too. Casual, relaxed dining with attentive, friendly staff. BYO wine if you wish. I loved every bit of my Saturday night!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 2, 2017

A tiny establishment with amazing food quality. This place is in a different league compared with other Lebanese bakeries and restaurants in Brunswick.

Date of visit: January 2017