“Excellent accommodation”
other traveler has booked this property
Living area with reverse-cycle air-con, 60'UHD Smart TV, double glazing & block-out blinds
Spacious king bedroom with bedside tables, lamps, large mirrored robes, aircon & block-out blinds Splittable queen bed with air con, large mirrored robes, double glazing, bedside tables & lamps
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Modern kitchen includes dishwasher, stove, cook top, microwave and plenty of utensils, crockery etc
Dining area, office nook, kitchen; including Euro laundry with washing machine & clothes dryer
Classic bathroom with bath, shower, towel rails, toiletries & extra towels
Study nook and book exchange in hallway, showing the second bedroom in the background
Finishing touches and detailed decorating make this a very special apartment
Old photo - 2nd bedroom; queen bed split into singles, air-con, bedside tables & lamps, mirror robes
Brunswick serviced apartment reading or office nooks
The massive Royal Park is only a very short walk away
Lots of live music close to great Brunswick serviced apartment location
Lots of unique nearby shops and services close to Brunswick serviced apartment
Lots of local activities close to Brunswick serviced apartment
Beautiful old buildings such as the Melbourne Exhibition Building close to this Brunswick apartment
Brunswick Vibe is at the bottom tip of this photo of Princes Park. The edge of Royal Park on the RHS
Sydney Road 'village'. The CBD in the background is only 4kms away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Diana I
“Excellent accommodation”
Reviewed June 23, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We stayed here for 10 nights. It was lovely to stay in quality, spacious accommodation with everything provided.Also loved the location, so close to public transport, eateries and shopping.

Your age range 50-64
Jun 24, 2017
With more than 400 reviews for StayCentral on Tripadvisor, Google and other global websites, with a guest rating of 4.8 Stars, why look elsewhere?

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the Brunswick Vibe apartment so much, and it's location as well. You had three single people, so it's great to hear that it worked out so well.
We do try hard to include as many amenities in the apartment as possible, so it's nice to hear you noticed and enjoyed them.

We think the location is great, but it's nice to have that validated by our guests who live there temporarily.
I hope we will see you again, but don't forget that we many many different locations around inner Melbourne that you can choose from.
Regards,
Chris
StayCentral (long stay and short stay) Apartments Melbourne
nuttshack
Merricks North, Australia
“Position, position,position!”
Reviewed May 3, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

My nephews apartment burnt down leaving he & his mates destitute. As all their immediate families are interstate my wife & I jumped into action. We found this apartment, called the manager Chris who showed empathy & acted fast to ensure we secured this apartment for the boys. Within an hour we arrived at the apartment, met Chris who had put the heater on &
welcomed us to this fantastic, funky apartment. super location, close to public transport, shops etc. The apartment had everything the boys needed, was well presented, clean & well furnished. Gratitude to Chris for his kindness & efficiency.

May 4, 2017
You're most welcome Fergus. I'm just glad I could help you in such a terrible situation, and that we were able to help the boys in their new place with a pile of doonas, blankets and pillows etc. when they had nothing much left. I'm very pleased that you found the Brunswick apartment to be in a brilliant location with everything the boys needed inside it. We do work hard to made things as comfortable as possible for our guests. i'm just glad it was available when you needed it. Regards, Chris McDonald, StayCentral Corporate Apartments
MichelleW...
“Convenient location, comfy beds, dogs allowed”
Reviewed February 17, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We stayed at this property for 4 nights on a business trip. We took along our dog too.
The couch and beds are comfortable. The apartment is surprisingly very quite and we only heard loud road noise from the lounge room.
We stayed in February during nice weather and found the apartment did get hot and stuffy however there are air con units in the bedrooms and lounge room. We would have prefeerred to be able to open front door and windows but there is no front screen door or fly screens so there is no fresh air moving through the unit. I would take a fan if I stayed again.
We stay in apartments on work trips so we can cook. We found the cupboards cluttered and had to wash all cooking utensils and pots and pans before using them. Previous renters appeared to have thrown partially cleaned pots and pans in particular into any space they could find. The cupboards need everything pulled out, washed and stacked neatly. Same applies to the 2nd cutlery drawer. We found bits of food on the tongs and spatula. A stock take of the dinner set and glasses could be useful. For example there are only 4 bowls and 4 mugs for a place that can sleep 5 people. There are plenty of wine glasses and 1 champagne glass.
Bathroom was fine. Shower over the bath. The exhaust fan is sensor activated from the hallway so it goes on frequently - basically every time someone walks into the hallway - and can be annoying if trying to sleep.
There is a reset button in the washing machine cupboard which needs to be hit in order for dish washer to work. Not sure if that is in the manual but we stumbled across this button just as we gave up on getting the dish washer to work.
Free wifi was great and reliable.
The car park is handy but it is designed for very small vehicles. We were travelling with 2 vehicles for work so we put the small car in the car park and the ute on the street. There is plenty of free on street car parking around the corner but it fills up quickly during the day so we were pro ably parked about 300m away but its a nice flat walk. There is an enormous park also nearby which was great for the dog to stretch her legs.
We organised a port a cot and high chair to be dropped off at no cost so we could baby sit the grand child for a night. It was handy to not have to bring those items with us.
All in all its a nice apartment in a handy location but I probably would not stay here again, the main reason being that I dont like a lack of air flow and due to sinus problems I limit my exposure too air conditioners. But if I had no other options I would give it another shot and bring my own fans.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Feb 18, 2017
I'm glad you enjoyed the Chesterfield lounge and the beds. We always receive compliments for these beds that we have custom-made for our apartments. You are correct about the noise. Most of our guests don't leave the front door open, so yes it is a very quiet apartment, given the location. We have never had anyone ask about fly screens on the windows and doors but I will look into this, as other people may like to have these as well. I'm glad you enjoyed the aircon in every room though, as you had temperatures up to 32 degrees during your stay, and it would have been very hot and stuffy with the windows open. I wish you had asked us for a fan whilst you were there. We are only ten minutes away, and could easily have dropped one over. We don't keep one there as there has never been a demand for one. Hopefully we will have fly screens on enough of the windows to allow fresh air to flow through the apartment, for those who prefer this to the aircon.
It looks like the cleaners have missed going through the cupboards and drawers properly. I'm sorry about that. They normally do a great job. I'm also surprised at the low numbers of crockery, as we normally have at least eight of everything. We occasionally get breakages, but the cleaning contractors normally top these up or advise us if numbers are low. This will certainly be discussed with them. I wish you had told me about this when you noticed it. I would have sent them over straight away to fix this. You are right about the sensor in the bathroom. We actually had the electrician organised to come over on the morning of your arrival to replace the unit with a more sophisticated, narrow beam unit to solve this problem, but they were held up at the last minute. The simple solution in the meantime has been to simply close the bathroom door to stop the sensor activating when you walk past. This new unit will definitely be installed this week. I'm sorry we couldn't get it in there before you arrived. The information folder explains that you need to turn on the main switch next to the dishwasher and clothes dryer etc. There is also a small sign on the switch. We found we had to set it up this way to ensure the exhaust fan was running when people used the clothes dryer. The unlimited, super fast NBN Wi-Fi is good isn't it? I'm glad that you liked it. Combined with the huge 60" Smart TV, it is a great combination with Netflix etc. I agree that you need to reverse a bit to get into the car park as described in the arrival instructions, but you can put a big vehicle in there quite easily. We have had large 4WD cars etc in there on many occasions. I'm sorry you had trouble with this. Princes Park and Royal Park are certainly very close and massive. I'm glad you got to enjoy at least one of them whilst you were there. We always supply a portacot and high chair for free if needed. I'm pleased that it made a big difference for you. Please check with us the next time you want to stay in Melbourne, as we have multiple apartments all around inner Melbourne. We may have fly screens on this apartment shortly, but you may prefer to try one of our other apartments in a different location. I look forward to assisting you on your next visit.
Rachel M
“Comfortable, convenient and close to green space”
Reviewed December 4, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

This apartment is well-located, very reasonably priced and comfortable, with excellent access to transport, parks, shops and restaurants. It is within a short ride to Melbourne University, Carlton precinct and Melbourne city. The service was friendly and responsive, and the apartment generally clean and well-maintained. It was spacious and great for a family, and reasonably quiet considering its location at the intersection of two major roads. The neighbours (private residents) are friendly. I'd definitely stay here again. Parking was free but a very tight squeeze to get in and out - I found I needed to build an extra 10-15 minutes to travel time just to get out of the parking lot.
Negatives: Some fresh carpets, new paint and new kitchen furniture would put it on par with larger commercial venues. There were a couple of slightly irritating features like the automatic movement-sensor fan in the bathroom - not so good for using the bathroom quietly in the middle of the night, and ironically couldn't detect movement when someone short was in the shower, so switched itself off when it was actually needed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, size and comfort
Liked least: The carpet stains and automatic bathroom fan
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dec 5, 2016
You could have written the ad for my apartment, as it touches on many of the great points of the property. Yes, the parking is tight, but if you exit the way we describe in our info, it only takes a minute.

The carpets do have a couple of marks on them which refuse to budge, but the rest of the carpet is too good to go to land fill, so I am reluctant to make that contribution to the environment; but I do see what you mean. I'll try a different steam cleaner. Same thing for the kitchen chairs. I think a better steam cleaner should be able to get the marks out. I'm a little confused about the painting comment, as the apartment was only painted 18 months ago.
That sensor would have been annoying. I have asked our electrician to redirect it so that it works properly. Thank you for your detailed feedback. It helps us enormously to improve the stay of future guests.
40kas50
Pottsville, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 25, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

What a wonderful place to stay. So close to everything and so clean. Loved it. Even though we were on a main road it was so quiet. The tram station being outside was so great to get into Melbourne.

Traveling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Jun 28, 2016
Karen, you have mentioned the two things that many people ask about; quietness and proximity to the city. Some enquirers won't believe how quiet it is, so I'm glad you pointed this out. More than anything, I'm glad you really enjoyed your stay. We are about to give the apartment another minor refurbishment too; so it will be even better soon.
Cheers, Chris
Gail C
Broken Hill, Australia
“Terrible Service & Dirty Accommodation”
Reviewed April 22, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

As an owner of my own holiday accommodation rentals interstate, I was absolutely shocked by the lack of customer service from this man and the poor standard of cleanliness.
Terrible Access Experience - We were given a code to access the property and when we arrived (after a long 10hr drive), at night, in the cold, the code did not work. I phoned and spoke to 'some young lady' who said she'd 'try' and pass the message on but couldn't say if someone would get back to us tonight! We were shocked, as we were standing outside the main gates on the main road in Brunswick late at night. We couldn't park in the secure car park so we had to park some distance away and walk which was a little scary. We didn't hear anything back after half an hour so my daughter phoned again and got onto the owner. She advised him that we couldn't gain access and had been trying for an hour. The owner said that we were given the 'wrong information' and that we had to 'pick up' a key and that the access in his terms stated there "may" be a code. This is absolutely untrue and we were actually given the code. He was not apologetic at all and sounded as if he couldn't care less that we were standing outside in the dark and cold. He phoned back with a different code 10 minutes later and we eventually got in.
Below Average Cleanliness- cleanliness of the property was terrible - the kitchen cups/mugs were all stained and hadn't been washed properly, cutlery was dirty and water marked, to the point where we scolded everything we used, twice! There were (dirty) tea & coffee facilities but not very many condiments and looked like they were just left by previous renters so we bought our own. The bathroom had mold in the shower, the vent was so full of dirt and fluff, the toilet brush cleaner container was disgusting and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a year, we were left with 3 toilet paper rolls for 4 people for 6 nights so had to buy more, and you cannot turn off the bathroom automatic vent and it runs constantly, the noise is so annoying that we had to close the bathroom door to try and get to sleep. The carpets are terribly stained in the bedrooms which made us want to wear shoes all the time, there was a box of tissues in the second bedroom with just one tissue poking out to make it look like it was full.
Climate Control - We couldn't get the heating to work so remained cold on the first night. The next night, we discovered that it was actually turned off outside the property at the power box - we were appalled. When we called to advise we couldn't get the heating to work, he was extremely rude and non-apologetic. He asked us if we read the instructions (which of course we did) and if we still couldn't get it to work then he would have to send an electrician out but as it was Sunday, he probably couldn't get somebody until the next day (so we would be cold 2 out of our 6 nights). He then said that if found that there was nothing wrong with it, we would be liable to pay the electrician.
Internet - The internet connection is hit and miss so we just used our mobile phone connection most of the time.
Light - there is a large motel next door and the drive to the carpark goes in between the two properties. The driveway and motel has bright fluro lights on at night and comes straight through the windows so you cannot get darkness in the apartment. They have tried to put double blinds in the 2nd bedroom facing these fluro lights but they don't completely block it out. For anybody that needs darkness to sleep, this would be a problem.
An old apartment and is time for some work on it.
Good things- Location (if not stuck outside in the dark and cold) and the beds were nice. I wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend this place to anybody until it gets a complete and thorough clean and the customer service drastically improves. It's all show and no after-service with this man.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Everything that I have outlined.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 6, 2016
We appreciate all the time and effort that this guest has put into writing this review. We would like to mention however, that we have never dealt with the author directly, only with their daughter.

This would help to explain why there are so many inaccuracies in this review:

1. We don’t have ladies on our staff. The guest must have been speaking with a representative of our phone answering service (of whom we are only a client; one of many). We respond as quickly as possible to any messages passed on to us by this service. It cannot make responses on our behalf.

2. We suspect that the only reason there was a problem with check-in was because the arrival instructions were sent to the person who made the booking; and that this was not passed on to the people who actually stayed in the apartment. Full, detailed instructions on key access and codes are always supplied to guests. We work very hard to ensure that access is simple and straight forward. We sympathise with the delays incurred by the guest, but the instructions supplied were correct, (including that the code may change in some circumstances, but can easily be checked by contacting us if this should happen). Our manager returned their call with the correct code within ten minutes of receiving the guests' call.

3. Reverse-cycle air-conditioning units in all rooms were fully operational and detailed instructions were provided in the guest information folder. They are standard air-conditioning units, and both heating and cooling modes are clearly displayed on the remotes, which were in every room. There is no power box outside the apartment, so I have no idea where this information came from.

4. The tissue box was almost full and absolutely not as the guest described. In fact there is normally a box in each of the two bedrooms. Apparently one of these may have been almost empty. We supply two, just in case one of them runs out.

5. We clearly advertise that we provide a welcome pack; which includes reasonable amounts of tea, coffee, sugar, toiletries, olive oil, salt and pepper, cleaning products, milk, 4 toilet rolls and many, many more items. It is not expected to last the entire stay. This is standard practice in most Melbourne apartments. There is a convenience store next to the apartment, and two supermarkets within 150 metres of the apartment if guests need to purchase more items. We even provide a shopping trolley and umbrellas in case these are needed!

6. Internet problems (if they ever occur) can easily be fixed by following the simple trouble-shooting guide in the information folder in the apartment. Provided that we are informed about a problem, we are more than happy to assist with fixing it. By the way, this apartment has a stable, high-speed, NBN line with unlimited data. Once it was properly installed here a year or so ago, we have not had any complaints about it.

7. Our guests in this apartment have never had any problems with the blinds and the light from outside. We are checking if the adjacent building has modified the lighting in any way, and we will take actions if there is a problem.

8. Carpets were professionally steam cleaned and sanitised just before these guests arrived. There are minor stains on the carpet in places, but nothing that would impede a guest's enjoyment of the property.

9. On investigation, we discovered that the exhaust fan in the bathroom (that is triggered by a movement sensor) is running for longer than it should. We sent an electrician to adjust it immediately after this review was posted. (This issue wasn’t reported while the guest stayed in the apartment).

10. Nor did we receive any complaint about cleanliness during the guest's stay. We pride ourselves on the level of cleanliness in our apartments, and we would have sent the cleaners immediately if we were told of any problem in this regard. We were very concerned at the things described when we read this review, as we normally do not have these problems. We have investigated the cleaning contractors involved, and have taken appropriate action. We are very sorry that you had this experience with us.

11. This apartment was only re-painted and fitted out with new double-glazing, double roller blinds and some new decor items only recently. Don't take our word for what it is like. Just look at the high rating reviews that we have received from our guests; many of whom have returned to this apartment more than once.

Despite all the inaccuracies in the review, we are sorry that this guest felt uncomfortable and dissatisfied while staying with us.

We work hard to make sure our serviced apartments are as comfortable as they can be.
busybee32...
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Good location for shops and tram to City with a few niggles.”
Reviewed April 12, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Just completed 10 nights at this apartment which is close to park, shops and tram to city. Apartment is a good size with comfortable beds. Unfortunately check in did not go smoothly as despite a check in time being agreed, it was not ready. The carpets in both bedrooms were stained and need replacing. There was no internet access even though there should have been also the landline was not working. These things can easily be remedied making this apartment highly recommended.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Apr 19, 2016
Thank you for your review. We are sorry for inconveniences with check in and we hope that you liked the flowers and a banknote which our cleaners left for you as a humble compensation. Local phone calls are no longer possible as the line was disconnected recently. We will remove this information from all our sources. You're right, the things, especially with internet, could be easily remedied if we knew about them earlier. Unfortunately, you let us know about it the day before your departure. Carpets get professionally steam cleaned and sanitised on regular basis so it's a bit surprising that you found stains on them. We will check it closely and replace them if required. Thank you for all your comments which will help us improve things to make sure that our future guest could fully enjoy staying in this beautiful and conveniently located apartment. Best regards. Max
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing