All reviews liquid soap comfy bed budget hotel industrial area motorway laussane laptop geneva conference
Selected filters
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Although it considers itself as a 2-star hotel, there are some things the traveller should be aware of:
1. Rooms are small. Air conditioning may not function (as was the case in room 231 where I stayed)
2. The hotel only provides one medium sized towel per guest. The management probably think it is perfectably normal and hygienic to clean your backside and your mouth and face with the same towel.
3. Bathrooms have only one kind of liquid soap. They say it’s for your hair, your face and rest of your body. In fact, if you stay for more than just a short period and keep bathing with this detergent, you might need a dermatologist afterwards. By the way, they do sell shampoo, gel douche, and other stuff which is usually offered and available at any other similar hotels.
4. Parking is not for free. You also need to pay for a daily city tax, for the simple fact you’re staying in a city which truly has nothing interesting to offer to tourists. And although you may be a tourist paying for a city tax charged by Ibis, if you have no knowledge of French or German, it’s very likely you’ll be fined by the police for not understanding their parking signs written in those languages. I wonder that would also happen if a Vaud policeman would park wrongly in a lot where the sign could be written in Swahili. So, nothing to worry about.
5. Food served at the hotel is presumptious and tasteless. Well, the chicken breast I tried was seasoned with what seemed to be Knorr chicken stock. I would suggest eating out.
6. An exception should be made to the hotel staff who were very welcoming and tried their best to overcome some of these flaws.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Olivier S, Directeur général at ibis Lausanne Crissier, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Dear Mr. Roy S,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our establishment. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

1- Our room are standard size for Europe. We do not have AC this is the reason it could not work but we do have a cool air system which is not as cold as an air conditioning.
2- Regarding the towel it is a Ibis Standard but if you need more feel free to ask more to our front office staff
3- Regarding our soap indeed we do have one kind and it is a faretrade product.
4- Regarding the city Tax this has nothing to do with Ibis, you have to pay a city tax in all Switzerland's hotel and soon even for AirBnB. With this tax you can take the public transportation for free, and you get a discount in some museum.
5- Regarding the restaurant we do propose many dishes and are sorry that the one choosen was tasteles. Most of our dishes are prepared freshly daily.
6- We are glad that you appreciated our staff.

Reviewed May 7, 2018

If possible we will not return to an Ibis in general. I find that we get more comfort in a Mercure, Novotel and even an Ibis Style Hotel.
We have so far only stayed in an Ibis in Paris and in the past many times at the Ibis in Crissier. I was hoping that the Ibis had updated their policy regarding towels, but to my regret they still only supply 1 towel per person for showering and this towel has now to last for 4 mornings. When there is no heating on towels don't dry and this experience is very uncomfortable. I took along my own hand towel just in case and I did need it. I would prefer to pay CHF 5.-- more to receive 2 hand towels as it is standard in all the other hotels. Another point is that their is a big construction site right next to the hotel. I think that the hotel ought to warn the guests in advance. Also did not like the self check-in and check-out. There is a big reception but nobody there. Guess Ibis is really only suitable when travelling on business, but not for leisure. On second thoughts, business people have the money and like comfort too.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Olivier S, Directeur général at ibis Lausanne Crissier, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Dear 8047Zuricfh,

Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. We are really sorry that your stay did not meet your expectation.

Ibis, Mercure, Novotel and Ibis Style do not have the same standard. A Novotel is usually a 4 stars hotels and we are a 2 stars hotels this is the reason why the standard are differents and the prices as well.

But your towels can be changed everyday if you decide to do so you just need to leave your towel on the floor. As the self check in or check out you decide the way you want to do it. You do not have too if you do want to proceed this way. You still do have the two options.

We do hope that we have been able to answer your concern and I you return it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Does everything you need just off the motorway standard ibis fare gives you everything you need not bad restaurant £75 for the night just outside Lausanne
Car parking just out the front not much else to say

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ibis C, Directeur général at ibis Lausanne Crissier, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear Jimb067,

Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor we are really glad that you enjoyed our establishment.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

I had stayed at this hotel a few times and I might said that Rahid is an exceptional person that helped me finding places around the area and made me feel more than welcome, so I will certainly get back as I had always enjoyed my stay there.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Ibis C, Directeur général at ibis Lausanne Crissier, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Dear Pedropablovm,

Thank you for rating us on Trip Advisor.

We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay. And were satisfied with our staff especially with Rahid I ll make sure to let him know.

It is great to hear that one person can "Make the difference".

We do hope that we ll have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

Rahid was a very welcoming host. He helped also with the small things, such as an adapter for my laptop, getting us a receipt immediately... And he made us a great deal. The hotel is tidy and comfortable, dinner was nice. Once you walk out of the industrial area (uphill) you can enjoy the mountains and nice old houses.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Esther M,

Thank you for leaving a comment on Trip Advisor. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your the tidiness of the hotel, restaurant and especially our staff.

I will share your comment with our team and especially with Rahid.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.