“disappointed”

Restaurant de l’Hotel de Ville Crissier
Reserve with
Restaurant de l’Hotel de Ville Crissier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Crissier
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Hotel de Ville de Crissier - B. Violier's restaurant official page ! Elected best restaurant of the world in 2016 - The List. 19/20 Gault Millau. 3 Michelin Stars.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

after having been many times celebrating family dinners while chef Rochat was still there we said that we give a try to the new chef. We were rather disappointed. The new owner's wife greated us in a casual outfit were we my husband, my son and daugther in law and I were dressed. So we felt already overdressed. Than we waited at least 20 minutes to order the menu and than suddenly everything went fast. We had almost no time to discover the food we were already given the new plate. The waitress annonced the dishes in such a fast way that we couldn't understand what she was explaining (difficult as no menu card is available at the time you eat). Also this waitress was efficient but unfriendly. The service manger of Mr. Rochat was present but it seems that he wansn't motivated. The food was just ok but not worse the prize. We also just had the menu items, no small appetizer or no additional dessert. The lobster was just ok.

2  Thank Marianne K
There are newer reviews for Restaurant de l’Hotel de Ville Crissier

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I dine here a month ago with a group of friends (30 pax ), I dine in several restaurant around the world, this restaurant deserve to be one of the top in the world.

The new chef (Benoit violier) lives up to both of his predecessors (Fredy girardet and Philippe to hat)

The quality , timing, and execution are impeccable. A must go if you happen to be in switzerland.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

It has always been one of the best restaurant in Switzerland but now with the new chef Benoit Violier, I have the feeling that it is even nearer to perfection. I had the chance to follow a cooking class in the morning (before the meal) and to see how everything is prepared. The delivery of products is very impressive. I like to cook myself and try to get the best possible products but what is delivered there is from another league. The freshest, the rarest... the best. When you add to this the creativity and the talent of the Chef + the professionalism of the team, no wonder that what you get in your plates is absolutely perfect.

2  Thank Frenes5
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was the first time I had eaten here since Philippe Rochat retired as chef, handing over to Benoit Violier, who had worked here 16 years. The cooking is impeccable, based on superb ingredients. The depth of sauce with a cep ravioli was stunning, while langoustine with a lemon sauce had magnificent flavour. There was essentially nothing to fault throughout the tasting menu. I am really looking forward to a return visit.

3  Thank Andy Hayler
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been client of all the Chefs in this restauran, F. Girardet, P. Rochat and now B. Violier.
This is absolutly the best gastronomique restaurant in Switzerland of the last 40 years. hey change the menus by season and my preferrd ones are autumn and winter. You must order the Rognons Bolo, La vichisois au caviar, les cardons de Crissier au truffes noire.
Nice and extensive but not at the top, wine list. Very nice desserts that can improuve, Very good table of fromages.
Reserve in advance, if you have the time it is better to go at lunch time.

2  Thank Carron2