This place has the potential of getting 5 stars, and I would consider going back again for the views, not the service!
I stayed there for 3 nights in December 2013. My apartment was sea fronted, with stunning views. Apartment was comfortable, equipped with everything you need.
The place seemed like an old Spanish village, with many attractive period features e.g. an old olive oil mill and theatre (see photos). Some of which were authentic, and some where created when the apartments were built early 1990s. Some houses there, not owned by the hotel company, date back to the 17th century.
-During our first night we faced a problem with heating and hot water, when reported to receptionist around 9pm, she dismissed the problem and said, that AC units take time to work. However, after a very cold night, we rang again in the morning, after verifying our complaint, the hotel moved us to a new apartment with working heating and hot water.
-The price you pay does not include cleaning or new towels, this is charged extra!
-Breakfast is poor, no fresh juice, fried and scrambled eggs served very cold, I wouldn't bother buying breakfast if I was to go again. The restaurant guys are very helpful though, when I pointed this out to them, things were different the next day.
Things to consider:
-The place is remote and if you want to move about freely, you need a car!
-The car park inside the complex is charged, if you leave your car outside, it could be a very hard and difficult walk to get to your car.
- I recommend that the hotel include cleaning in their price for short rentals (less than a week perhaps?).
- Invest a little more in their staff, e.g. customer service training for reception staff.
- Quality assure their breakfast lines e.g. fried eggs, and offer fresh juice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Pueblo Acantilado Suites suspended on a spectacular cliff, and with the best views of the coast of Alicante. This spectacular Resort recreates the enchantment and the flavor of a typical town of the Costa Blanca. The splendid rooms, the majority of which are suites, are equipped with exclusive and comfortable furniture, and have been totally renovated in 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pueblo Acantilado Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Acantilado Hotel El Campello
- Pueblo Acantilado Resort