“Surprise great meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante La Vela

Restaurante La Vela
Reserve with
Restaurante La Vela is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 159 Restaurants in Campello
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since February 1996, we offer a range of cuisine ranging proposal of the simple pizza or pasta to more gastronomic preparation of foie gras, duck meat or beef. With hope and desire that you spend with us a great time enjoying the food, wines and site.The contents of our letters is homemade, hot or cold sauces, onion tart, quiche, foie gras, confit, nougat ice cream, apple pie, profiteroles, etc..We also offer seasonal suggestions, game meat, fish, poultry, desserts, fresh products prepared by our kitchen team carefully to satisfy and please you.Select fresh produce, meat from beef, veal, duck, with the professionalism and experience of our journey.Since 1981, in southwestern France, Landes, cradle of Mulard duck rearing (6 kg.), Second forest cover in Western Europe with his game and migratory birds, bordering the Atlantic Ocean with all its riches seafood, fronterizado Boudeaux the region and its wines, as rich in this land where they were born the greatest chefs: Alain Ducasse, Michel Guerard, Alain Dutournier, Daguin family, Jean Claude Brunel and many more, and I learned cook grew up.
Sax, Spain
“Surprise great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Didnt want to eat at the
hotel Almirante restaurant where we were staying because hotel was a little pricy and really didn't want a three course meal . So we got in car to search for a pizza place etc. after a drive towards El Campello came across a very quiet looking restaurant advertising pizzas within their menu. We crept in not sure but soon were relieved by the greeting and the pleasant way we were shown to our seat. The decor was very naval with boaty stuff everywhere. We ordered a couple of different pizzas and bottle of house white. When they arrived they were huge and I have to say the best we've ever had. ( and we toured Tuscany and Umbria last )September.will certainly go back again.very pleasant evening.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank dtadt
Paul B, Propietario at Restaurante La Vela, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you very much. It is a pleasure for us to take your time to leave us a positive review on this website. Thank you very much again. We hope to see you soon.

Alicante
“Good dining guaranteed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have dined in La Vela on a number of occasions, but recently had a birthday celebration there and must say that with the views of the sea, the attentive and friendly staff it all helped to make the occasion even more special.
What I love about La Vela is that there is something for everyone. The menu is (as many have said before me) very varied, but not overwhelming. My father in law is a real, traditional meat and veg person, so for him there was an excellent choice of stews and meats, my mother in law and I had an array of fish and seafood dishes to choose from, whilst my husband and kids ordered steaks and pizzas, which all arrived on time, with none of that " just start, don't let it get cold" whilst you wait for the other dishes to arrive. Make sure you put La Vela on your must visit restaurant list!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank jennibean_9
Southampton, United Kingdom
“exellent menu de dias”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

food excellent one the few offering all day menus recommend the 18 euros with floating island as desert.the 10 and14 euro menus are also good.staff very helpful

Visited June 2013
1 Thank clark-ron
Paul B, Propietario at Restaurante La Vela, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank´s Clark.

On behalf of Restaurant Pizzeria La Vela team, we appreciate your recommendation on this platform

Best regards
“What a pleasant find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Wow. I stumbled across this little restaurant and initially thought I'd skip it as I saw "pizzeria" on a sign outside the restaurant which put me off somewhat.

A couple of nights later I took my girlfriend there for dinner. What a pleasant surprise! We shared the house salad, and both had the salmon for our main. I'm gluten-intolerant and it was quite refreshing to see from the waiter's response that they knew all about gluten - in fact their pizzas and pastas are all available gluten-free!

The salad was made from the freshest ingredients - and my girlfriend and I were of the same opinion that the salmon was the best had ever had! Cooked to perfection.

I took my parents there a few nights later and we were all equally impressed. By the way you have to try their sorbet - out of this world!

Great service, great value - and a relaxing, nautical atmosphere!

5 Thank lmorum
Paul B, Propietario at Restaurante La Vela, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Madrid, Spain
“A welcome touch of France nearby Alicante”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

We went to La Vela together with a couple of friends living in the region and considering it worth a short excursion.

The maritime decor is a matter of taste, we rather liked it. The menu is a slightly eclectic mix of Spanish, Pizza and French cuisine. We went mainly 'French' and enjoyed both the change from the average local restaurant and the quality of the cooking on its own, which was rather good. While the food was better than average, the prices kept in the normal range.

After a pleasant dinner we agreed with our friends that "La Vela" can be worth a detour.

• 3 of 5 bubbles