“Excellent for a Valentine's Night dinner”
Review of La Matera

La Matera
Reserve with
La Matera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 213 Restaurants in Santa Pola
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten outside this restaurant (though it may not have been the same one) on a summers evening but this was our first meal inside - great welcome, good fun waiter who spoke perfect English and really looked after us and the February menu was excellent. Specially liked the quacamole as the first course and the steaks had a really great taste as you would expect in an Argentinian steak restaurant.

There are newer reviews for La Matera

Reviewed January 17, 2013

La Matera is worth a visit all round an excellent experience and the services matches the overall experience. It is always on our list to visit.

1  Thank Rustylino
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were looking for a good steak restaurant...we came across this gem!
My Family, along with my Daughter's friend, dined so well.
Excellent attention.
Food: so well presented...interesting hotplate to keep the meal hot! Loved it.
The kids had tinto de verano...so cool!
Absolutely going back next time we're in Santa Pola...which is quite often...
Very highly recommended!

3  Thank Anton W
La Matera G, Propietario at La Matera, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Hello Anton
Thanks for your comments!!
And we hope to have you back, to repeat the experience
Please. Do not tell us who you are when you come back!!
We are happy to give same service to all our clients
But thanks for sharing your opinion, which of course is very valuable for us!!
Kind regards

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Based on good reviews on this site we tried this restaurant. We were disappointed. We both had sirloin steak and on one side it was too well done, on the other nearly raw. My partner got the wrong sauce and the chips could have been from McDonald's. Service could also be better. Very ordinary food and we will not go there again. There are better options in Santa Pola.

Dear Tore
It is some time since I first answer and took care to your opinion, and I´m afraid we haven´t heard anything after that.
I can´t know if you´ve been back, but i do expect so, to try with our daily work, to improve your previous sensations with it
Thanks again
Best regards

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My partner loves steaks and I don't. So when I saw Caesar salad on the menu I was happy to go to this restaurant. We visit Santa Pola at least three times each year. How can you spoil a salad? A Matera know how to. Wrong lettuce, chicken, hard and old, (been in the fridge for some time). So much sauce the salad swam in it. Cheese hard tasteless and served in chunks, the visual picture was off putting.......... In fairness my partner enjoyed his steak.

1  Thank Anne T

Dear Anne
We keep doing our Cesar´s salad as I told you we would do, after your visit and comments
Hope you have come to try it again !!
Kind regards