“A wonderful experience”

Lanka Tracker - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialise in Wildlife & Nature of Sri Lanka and also offer journeys around the island. We have a super team to look after you from your arrival. Taking you to the Wilderness and Beyond...... From Safari journeys in our National Parks, Cultural Areas, Tea Estates and Mountains, Villages and the Ocean. Whilst travelling through the Hill country we always encourage and incorporate trains journeys due to the immense natural beauty that can be viewed. We have a nice selection of accommodation from High-end to Mid-range hotels and some lovely little Guest Houses. If you prefer to take public transport, we can fit into your schedule for Safari & Wildlife journeys. Look forward to meeting you!
Bucharest, Romania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

It was one of the best weekends of my life. Sanjay is an excellent guide and an excellent person.
I've been on a 2-days tour with Lanka Tracker to Udawalawe National Park, and I enjoyed everything: the things I've seen, the information provided by Sanjay, his kindness, knowledge and professionalism, the full-of-personality jeep (I loved that old car!).
Before arriving in Sri Lanka, I contacted Christine, Sanyjay's wife, and she tailored a tour according to my needs. Her and Sanjay made up a great itinerary, and I am very grateful for this. The safari in Udawalawe was fantastic (lots of elephants and beautiful birds), but I also enjoyed visiting the Handunugoda Tea Plantation, the temples in Weherahena and Mulkirigala, the food in a small non-turistic place in Matara, the king-coconut water sipped on the side of the road, in a small village.
And I really appreciated when, after telling Sanjay about the kids I was teaching English in Sri Lanka as part of my volunteering work, he stopped at a store and bought some shiny little sticky stars (and yes, the kids loved them).
Shortly, I cannot recommend him and Lanka Tracker enough.

1 Thank Emanuela I

Singapore, Singapore
“So Lovely Serving Lovingly”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Thanks to Lanka Tracker that we had a wonderful time in Sri Lanka! Sanjaya has accompanied us for almost four days during our visit to Udawalawe National Park and Sinharaja Rainforest. Sanjaya is very knowledgeable and excellent in spotting the animals and plants on the way. His lovely jeep provided an amazing experience that is so unforgettable. Christine also helped us a lot in arranging the transportation through the whole journey. I would like to recommend Lanka Tracker to any one who has the interest on a tailor-made tour!

Visited November 2013
Munich, Germany
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went on a tour with Lanka Tracker to Udawalawe NP yesterday and can highly recommend it. Christine, the guide's wife, very kindly assisted us in arranging a tailor-made tour for us. Sanjaya picked us up at our hotel (Buckingham Place - fantastic place) and the drive to the park alone was already great fun. He pointed out flying foxes and monitors to us which we could find along the road. The tour through the park was fabulous - the Jeep provides an authentic safari feeling (you can stand on the benches for a nice view and a breeze around your nose) and the park is beautiful. If you have already been on safari in Africa, it might be worth checking out Yala as it has a greater variety of animals. Lanka Tracker also is able to arrange other tours and accommodation. Sanjaya is fun and very knowledgable - if you plan to go on safari while in Sri Lanka, he's your man!!

Visited November 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“One day to remember! 27 10 2013”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

From the pickup to the drop off,Sanjay gave us the most amazing day. His passion for the job goes beyond and exceeds all expectations. The extras and information that he provides along the way never let's the interest wane. On arrival to the park you're in the hands of someone who wants share knowledge of the fauna and flora,and yes there were lots of animals.elephants,buffalo,jackals,wildcats,deer,crocodiles and of course lots of birds.We hope Lanka Tracker goes from strength to strengh. Highly recommend

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Surpassed our expectations”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We organised this safari with Lanka tacker in advance and Christine did everything possible to make the organisation as accommodating as possible, really helpful. We'd read a lot of good things about LankaTacker but they really were superb. Our full day at Udawalawe, with pick-up from Mirissa, was worth every rupee! Sanjay showed us bats and lizards on the way, and we made it in time for feeding at the Elephant Transit Home. Then a good lunch and at least 4 hours in the park, all 8 of us standing up in the back of the 4x4, with so much wildlife to see! Sanjay obviously had in-depth knowledge of the park and animals. Our 16 year old daughter was overheard to say this was 'the best day of my life'!