“Great weekend”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

snowman20...
Montrose, United Kingdom
“Great weekend”
Reviewed October 4, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Visited chestnut lodge for 2 nights as a family of 3 and was very happy with it. Nice area to sit and dine with the fire in the corner it felt like being at home and nice and warm.

Compact bedrooms but adequate for what we needed. Handy items like dishwasher, Sonos, smart TV, WiFi and a modern kitchen made the stay just right.

Would recommend and will stay in the future, thanks again.

Jenna B
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 31, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Great location, kitchen fully equipped, very comfy beds. Very tidy and well kept lodge. Would definately recommend to anyone: couples or families. Would love to revisit in the future.

Fourthofa...
London, United Kingdom
“a compact but comfortable stay”
Reviewed August 28, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The cabin was set back from the river, but was in a secluded and quiet spot (we saw a red squirrel running along the fence outside).

It was very well equipped and comfortable, with plenty of crockery, and items of food we might have forgotten -salt, sugar, tea, coffee etc.

The beds were VERY comfortable.

The area is wonderful for exploring and walking, learning about Scottish history, and finding good food to eat (The local fish and chip shop is good!).

FellowTra...
“Very nice lodge!”
Reviewed August 11, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Chesnut Lodge is a very luxurious lodge with all kind of nice gadgets and things to make your stay more then comfortable.
In the area around the lodge (Blair Atholl) is also very nice and there is a lot to do.

Wendy2601
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Lovely lodge in nice location”
Reviewed July 18, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

I booked this lodge to take my dad away for a few days. The site that the lodge is situated in is well kept and handy for the village as well as the main A9. The lodge is beautifully decorated and looked after with everything you could want. The central heating and fire were great just to take the chill off on an evening as this is Scotland! We got a takeaway one night from the cafe in the park and it was excellent. The house of Bruar which is a favourite of mine was just a few minutes up the road. I would definitely stay at the lodge again but I don't think I would bring my dad again. He has Parkinson's disease and the bedrooms were a bit small for him to move about in, but that's nothing to do with the lodge. My only negative comment is that the shower room looks bigger than it is, I thought it was a double cubicle from the picture but it isn't and is a bit small, but fine for an able bodied person.

Overall if you book this lodge you will not be disappointed

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks Wendy for your great review. The detail regarding your experience with a person who may require special attention is important and helpful to others considering a stay in the lodge. We hope to see you again sometime in the future. Kind Regards - Steve
staceycum...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 11, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Great lodge. Had the most amazing 2 days here and will definately be returning but for longer next time! Beds are very comfortable and the lodge is perfectly clean, couldnt ask for anything more

May 12, 2017
Thanks for your great review Stacey and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Steve
Dave_Trac...
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Cosy and comfortable with beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed May 7, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

My husband and I stayed in Chestnut Lodge over the weekend. It was just perfect, it was clean and very comfortable. There is everything you need. The sun was strong out the front in the evening which made it great for sitting out in. We went for takeaway food but everything closes in Blair Atholl at 8pm so if you want food you need to get it before closing time. On arrival the instructions said to check into reception, when we went to reception we were greeted by an elderly lady who seemed a little bothered by our presence. When we said we were checking into Chestnut Lodge she replied, what do you want me to do about it? this made us feel uncomfortable and uneasy, she tried to cover it with a smile and go onto give us directions to the lodge however the whole encounter was rather odd. She continued to give us directions but it really was a reaction I didnt want to have at the start of our break away. This does not overshadow our stay at the Lodge everything was perfect in that respect, however I feel the park itself should be more aware of who they allow in their reception.

Your age range 35-49
May 8, 2017
Tracey, thanks for your great review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I am devastated to hear about the very poor reception you experienced on arrival. You can trust that I will be making a complaint myself on your behalf. Please accept my apologies and I hope we see you again in the future Regards Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing