Tripadvisor

from $195.42
from $995.44
from $442.64
1,245 results
All reviews food hall shopping experience high end pit stop soup self service lobster local produce men and women fish and chip shop pies great shopping art gallery top quality quality items bruar falls food shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic shop full of country attire. We particularly loved the food hall, we picked up a game pie that was superb. They also have a great dog section so our dogs are now kitted out for the highlands. Well worth a visit, the drive over from Loch Tummel was also spectacular and we encountered numerous deer, grouse and birds of prey on the way. Cant wait to visit next time I’m nearby.

Date of experience: October 2019
HouseOfBruar, Public Relations Manager at The House of Bruar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sirs

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review and for your kind words. We are very fortunate to be situated in the gateway to the Highlands. There is so much to see and do in the area. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time here and your dogs are kitted out for there holidays.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

I visited on 12th as my usual stopping off point mid 7 hour journey. A lovely venue enabling me to walk my dogs, eat a meal in comfortable surroundings and browse in the shop. Staff polite and helpful as always.
Needing a birthday present I bought 4 peacock martini glasses which I later identified as made by Artland. The glasses received from the warehouse were boxed with the staff taking off the price tickets. I should have asked that the glasses were checked. At home I found three of them to be faulty with small bubbles in the glass and small scratches inside the glasses . I telephoned on Monday. The lady I spoke to was polite but the returns reply was not as slick as it should have been. She offered packaging for return. I had to instigate a prepaid returns label and refund. At a price of £16.95 a glass I expected them to be perfect. I hope packaging, label and refund is speedy.
Having arranged return and refund I did a bit more research ( should have done this before) RRP for these glasses is £13.95 so more than a little overpriced. You can buy them on the internet for £11.00 each. House of Bruar need to cover their overheads. I know from past experience that their prices are punchy but this difference is excessive especially given the faults. Also may be my mistake but shop labelling gave me the impression that it was 'art glass by a J Childs'. Having got the glasses home the labels on the glasses said made in China. Maybe designed by J Childs and hand blown in China?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and for your kind comments about the shop and our team members on the shop floor.

I am sorry to hear that you feel that our service following your visit was not as comprehensive and I have had a look into this. I hope that you have now received the packaging to return the glasses to us, but please don't hesitate to be in contact with us if there are any issues.

Unfortunately in a world of internet shopping we are often unable to offer the extremely marked down prices that you are able to find online, and in this case followed the advice of the supplier on price point. These particular glasses have been exceedingly popular, and I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to gift them as wanted. In regards to the confusion about the J Childs glassware, these are displayed on the same unit as our Artland range, but have separate signage to differentiate them; however we will discuss this with the shop floor to make sure there is no further confusion.

As before, please don't hesitate to be in contact if you would like to discuss anything further and we very much hope to welcome you in the future.

Kind regards,
Taran Baker
PR/Marketing Co-ordinator

Reviewed January 11, 2020

A very busy place with over priced products and good. I really do not see the attraction but it sure is very popular destination specially with the bus load of tourist irrespective of the time of year.

perks okay to see it once but not great place to eat as it is very over priced.

Date of experience: December 2019
HouseOfBruar, Public Relations Manager at The House of Bruar, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Dear Sirs

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologise that we did meet your expectations. We appreciate all feedback form our valued customers. Our high quality and standards are the reasons that we are fortunate enough to have so many regular visits from people such as you. The prices of our stock are representative of the high quality and will be in line with either RRP or market value. People visit us because of the quality of our food and our stock and we fear we would not be such a popular place were we to drop these standards.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

PA to General manager

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

Visited here today and had a fantastic time browsing around the shops. Excellent setting, plenty of parking and a fantastic restaurant and coffee shop. Try the soup!!

Date of experience: January 2020
HouseOfBruar, Public Relations Manager at The House of Bruar, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear Sirs

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us and for your 5 star rating.

Our team will be thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

My friend and I were here on our way home from Pitlochry. We walked the route to the top waterfall, which was special. On our way back to the car we stopped in at the cafè for a quick cuppa. It's such a lovely place done up for Christmas but even their sale prices are still very hefty!!

Date of experience: January 2020
HouseOfBruar, Manager at The House of Bruar, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to The House of Bruar. We are pleased to read you enjoyed visiting our establishment and managed to stop in on our restaurant after a walk up the Falls of Bruar.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Richard Christie