“Great location and people”
Review of Diyar Timnay

Diyar Timnay
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Moulay Idriss
new york
“Great location and people”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I loved this place. We stayed overnight and went to Volubilis at 8AM, thinking we would miss breakfast as we were gone until about 11AM. Shortly after we got in at 11, we got a knock on our door from our host telling us breakfast was ready! It is a very comfortable hotel, a steal at 240Dh a night, and perfectly situated for a tour of Moulay Idriss and Volubilis. Air conditioner worked really well despite the temperature the day we arrived (43°C!). Take your time in this town!

Room Tip: Room 42 has a beautiful view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spartag00se

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2012

a beautiful hotel, in a great central positon. a clean and comfortable room, all mod-cons!!! hot showers, excellent panoramic restaurant....and the friendliest welcome!!! a real pleasure to stay here...it is my second time as a guest and will definitely be back in the future!!!
maximum points all round for the hotel; the staff, the room...and moulay idriss in general!!!
shukhran bezzef pour la mahaba!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Rijeka, Croatia
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I arrived in this hotel on December 31, not wishing to rush from Meknes to Volubilis and back in a half-day excursion. Instead, I chose to take it easier and braced for whatever was expecting me in Moulay Idriss. Among all the accommodation options in town I'd heard about, none was promising to knock you out of your shoes, so I thought that with "Diyar Timnar" I was opting for one of comparably more passable ones. It turned out, it was nearly a jackpot. Talking about the budget bracket, of course. In often bitterly cold Moroccan nights the importance of having an air-conditioner in working order to make your room warm can't be possibly overstated. Hot water in infinite quantities round the clock - another thing that some even much, much more expensive don't provide - is another trump card. And big rooms, satellite TV, pleasant (if somewhat overpriced) restaurant on top of the building are all the things that make the price of 160 dirhams a night laughable. Hopefully, the management won't learn English any time soon, so the price will stay as it is.
And last but not least - Mr Mustafa. I dare you to find a more friendly and helpful hotel staff in this country full of friendly people.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank TheWayfarer1009
Casablanca, Morocco
Reviewed June 29, 2011

It allowed us to stay away from the commotion and noise.
the management was friendly and acomodating.
the rooms are clean and spacious.
Would stay here again

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Moulay Idriss, Morocco
Reviewed December 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed in Diyar Timnay almost a year ago now, yet my fond memories are so poignant that they prompted me to write this review. Diyar Timnay was my favorite stay during my husband's and my 2 1/2-week vacation that included parts of Morocco and Spain. The place was very clean, accomodating, affordable, and convenient. I was able to fully relax. The staff offered a complimentary breakfast in a beautifully decorated room with an outstanding view of the white-washed village and the Roman ruins in the distance. But what stood out the most was the family atmosphere, the genuinely inviting character of the owner and staff. They waited on us closely, allowed me to use their private internet, washed and hung our clothes, gave us loads of travel advice, ... I would return to Morroco just to relive the memories of my stay.

Oh, and by the way, if you plan on visiting the Roman ruins of Volubilis, we strongly recommend staying in Moulay Idriss rather than Meknes. It's much quiter, very authentic (only recently opened to foreigners), and within walking distance (along olive groves).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KristenAndAvery
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 18, 2010

By chance when we were planning to visit Volbilis,we needed a clean place to have breakfast. A man guided us to this splendid hotl called "Diyar timnay'We got all with smile.Then, I returned to my wife, and decided to book in this hotel for our stay.

Really worth visiting and we let decide by yourselves.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We arrived by car to Moulay Idriss - we needed a place to put the car, a guy approached us and asked if we needed accomodation. He showed us to Diyar Timnay. We met the owner a very friendly individual. We haggled for the price and got a room with 3 beds for the 3 of us - cost us about €30 for the night. We had our own bathroom outside the room. It was such a relief to have clean towels, bed sheets, a very clean shower and toilet WITH toilet paper and a TV. This compared to so many grotty, dirty places we visited around Morocco where you can usually end up if you are travelling on a budget. The owner was very generous and even gave us breakfast for free. The location was perfect - just at the start of the town, right beside the markets and a stones throw to the main square where most of the local (men) gather at night and children play some very skilled football in bare feet. We would recommend this hotel even if you aren't on a budget. It's clean, friendly and well located. The views from the Restaurant are spectacular as the sun sets.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
#22 of 43 in Meknes
Dar Al Andaloussiya Diyafa
Dar Al Andaloussiya Diyafa
#3 of 7 in Moulay Idriss

Been to Diyar Timnay? Share your experiences!