TripAdvisor
Lorrach
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews excellent hotel opposite the train station one night business hotel breakfast choices meeting room good size walking distance gym floor basel conference sbb noise switzerland downside architecture
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

This hotel really is all what a traveler needs. Honestly, everything perfectly organized! The building, with the 20 floor high tower, the inside architecture. Modern spaces, rooms and meeting rooms. As well as the services offered are all spot on!

WiFi, which is of course a necessity these days. No issue at all. Fast speed, no interruptions, just as you would expect. As this counts for the whole building.

The hotel is comfortably sitting in front of Lörrach Hbf, which is a 4,40 eur. Ride from the SBB if you would like to avoid an expensive taxi. It’s a comfortable ride. No issues.

The welcoming is pretty descent, nice attention on the guest. I could imagine if there is a line it might be too slow. But in my case there wasn’t a line. So can’t really tell.

Breakfast is fantastic! Good food, fresh and good presented. Most of all, tasty. Something you would also expect in that area of the world.

Bedrooms are so beautiful! From the hardwood floor (not sure if it is real wood, but it does feel that way) but so much better than carpet, which I hate in hotels. Good choice here Steigenberger!! The beds are...unbelievable, so good!! Maybe one thing here, and I know why this is, the beds are placed together. But also separate easy because of the floor. So if you would be with your partner this might affect when you plan any action. Not sure if it is possible to connect the beds (which I did not notice).
The shower, marvelous! Good size tv (although Swiss tv stations really don’t broadcast any interesting stuff these days) might consider internet tv here, Netflix etc.
The size of the room in general is perfect. I was on the 16th floor, great view. Good silent airco. Also practically no sounds from rooms around you.

The gym is on the 20th floor! Even better view! Only 4 electrical machines in there, but that was not an issue when I used it. There are conveniently towels available, well in time taken to the laundry, there is water supply, really, this was not a forgotten spot by the staff. In lots of cases this normally is, here it was perfectly taken care of! Well done!

As I mentioned from the beginning, this is how a hotel should be ran. The staff was acting on the background, but there if you needed. This hotel really understands what it takes to provide service to their customers!!

Congratulations!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2019

I have NEVER had an experience where I tried to call the restaurant or room service for over an hour (an hour and a half to be exact) where the phone was busy. I've been trying to call them since they opened at 6pm, with no luck. The phone is CONSTANTLY busy. I called the front desk twice to ask them to do something about it. The first time the woman asked if I could just keep trying the number for room service and the restaurant. It's the same extension for both since the hotel is the one that provides the room service. The second time, the woman literally asked me if I could write down my order and bring it down to her at Reception because she did not have the menu and 'it's hard to understand over the phone.' Doesn't that defeat the purpose of room service?

If the restaurant and hotel can't handle room service, DON'T OFFER IT.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

Modern, clean hotel just opposite the train station. We had a room in the boarding house, which seemed spacious at first, but due to the layout of the room - very long and narrow - there isn’t actually much space, bed is therefore relatively small and attached to the wall on two sides (which I personally don’t like), there is a coffee maker in the room, but 2 EUR are charged for each capsule.
Breakfast is quite good, fresh and wide variety of food.
Parking in the garage cost 15 EUR per night, which seems expensive for a small town. If you just stay overnight you can park on the street (during daytime the city charges Dir street parking)

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a week while attending a conference in Basel, Switzerland. The location was incredible, the tram is literally across the street, the ride to Basel took less than 10 mins. Since the hotel is actually in Lorrach, Germany the price was much better than actually booking in Basel. Shopping center within walking distance.
The staff are super nice and welcoming, attending to your each and every request, always happy to answer any questions whatsoever.
The breakfast buffet was outstanding! So many options to choose from and everything was fresh and delicious. I especially enjoyed the tea selection.
Very clean. Spotless. Nice big shower.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Carina M, Direktionsassistenz at Steigenberger Hotel Stadt Lorrach, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2019

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you again. Kind regards, Michael Hoferer General Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

We spend there few days during art Basel 2019. Hotel is 2 years old. Room was great. Large extra modern and well equipped. Mice view from our floor to the hills around. Breakfast was great. Large variety of everything with beautiful omelets for no extra charge. Service at the reception was somehow young and not very professional. No real concierge services.
The only problem we had was no possibility to cool the room. We did complain twice but we understood there was no possibility to cool only to heat. The girl who came to check that couldn't help much and the serviceman she called never showed up.
Parking was pricey for such a hotel and location (I think 18 ero) so we parked by the street opposite the hotel and use the coins.
Overall our stay there was great with superb room and room facilities. Bed was ultra comfortable and breakfast was wonderful. Highly recommended .

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you very much for your evaluation and your stay in our house. We are very pleased that we could convince you in some things and would like to thank you very much for the positive evaluation. We would like to apologize for the problem with the air conditioning. This is not our standard and does not reflect our claim. We would be pleased to welcome you again. Yours sincerely, Michael Hoferer General Manager