“Can't wait to visit again!”

Whinstone View Bistro
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Great Ayton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Can't wait to visit again!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Visited for lunch with a couple of friends, 28th Aug,lovely terrace area to sit and enjoy the sunshine, could not of received better service, the waitress that was attended our table was very friendly and helped with every question we had about the menu in a professional manner.
Our lunch was delicious and very good value.
Top marks from start to finish cannot wait to return.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Sunday family lunch.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had not booked and tried our luck for a table at around 1.30pm on Sunday. 4 adults and two children. We got a warm welcome and a table straight away upstairs. The Sunday menu was extensive and the food was wonderful. Everyone cleared their plates of a good portion of food !
We all managed to squeeze in a tasty pudding ! The staff , who were plentiful, did a first class job of looking after our table. Thank you .
Keep up the good work , I will certainly be back.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Very, very poor service”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very poor - avoid at all costs. I visited with my family in June this year. We were seated quickly on the outdoor patio, however it was a full 30 mins before WE HAD TO ASK for drinks and later, food. Service was appalling: the young female waitresses made a number of simple mistakes with drinks and food orders. The front of house man simply did not want to know; no-one could catch his eye and he just was not interested in helping us order food. The food varied in quality with each dish, some ok, some very poor with meat greatly over-cooked. The waitresses were all very young and seemed to have no training or knowledge what-so-ever. Very, very poor service, we had to ask for absolutely everything. I will not be visiting again.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Taylor C
Guisborough, United Kingdom
“A hidden Jem”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten here a number of times over the years, during which I believe the restaurant has changed hands, quality and service has always been excellent.
I have visited for a number of work Christmas meals, my own birthday and a family wedding all of which have had wonderful food from the varied menu.
I look forward to the next meal soon.

• Visited April 2013
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Great Setting”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Decided to try Whinstone View at the last minute, (mother in laws treat). Its been well over 10 years since I last ate here. We hadn't booked a table but were accommodated by friendly staff who gave us a table on the outside terrace. What I really liked was the tranquillity and ambience of the place which was certainly helped by a warm evening. We chose from the tea time set menu (eat 4 eight) which offered a decent variety. I enjoyed the meal and thought it was good value for money. The staff were attentive and helpful throughout. Its not far from home so will return again with my wife and try the other menu.