“Small is beautiful!”

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Great Ayton
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Joplings is a small restaurant where there appears to be real focus on quality and attention to detail, which applies to the whole dining experience. The restaurant itself is very cosy and the atmosphere friendly. The choice of dishes is very good and the food we had beautifully thought through and cooked, the portions were just right too. It was a nice touch, so often lacking these days, that water, bread and butter are provided at the table. It is perhaps a little more expensive than the average local restaurant but for a treat or occassion I would certainly go back. My only criticism would be that as a vegetarian nothing suitable appeared on the menu - however on asking we were given a choice of 2 dishes that are available. My choice was lovely, I just wish these choices would be printed on the menu as I shouldnt really have to ask specially, some people may be put off if they thought there were no options. I will recommend Joplings to friends -the dessert (honey and pear tart with clotted cream) was a particular highlight!

2  Thank Jo F

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Lots of seafood to choose from, from the main menu and the specials board. Dishes were cooked to perfection, however may have been a little too salty.
Staff were friendly and helpful
The restaurant is small but provided a cosy atmosphere.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Went to Joplins for the first time on Friday with hubby to celebrate my birthday. Can't believe we haven't been before! From the moment we walked through the door, we had the most fantastic evening. I am not a fish lover, but both my starter and main course were fish! Crab salad was the most wonderful thing ever and my husband's mussels were to die for. We both went for the King Prawn and Monkfish in Malibu sauce which was to die for. Superb service, lovely and quiet, unintrusive, table cloths and clean, sparkling glasses! All on my top 10 of necessities in a restaurant. We booked for our anniversary before leaving. Can't wait!

2  Thank Biblet_10
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visited Joplins a fair few times over the last 3 or 4 years......................................food is FANTASTIC..............service is great with a real personal touch, the steak is one of the best you will ever eat..............................................................

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Managed to get a cancellation on a Saturday night they rang me back with the booking which was good of them
The meal and service were excellent we both had seafood and will be going back again thank you for a great evening