“Relaxed stay”
Review of Steenhuyse

Steenhuyse
Ranked #1 of 12 Oudenaarde B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Beautiful accommodation in the heart of Oudenaarde. Steenhuyse is a beautiful old building. The owners are very welcoming. The room was extreme spacious! Very modern and minimalist design, probably Danish design. The bath was in same the room and under the rain shower could stand for hours! The toilet was also in the same space, here we might have liked a little more privacy. The view from our room on St. Walburga-church and the Town Hall was super. It was cold outside during our stay, the heater had difficulty making the room warm. The breakfast was great, very complete and good care. It was a relaxing stay in a special accomedation.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bartho0
There are newer reviews for Steenhuyse

Reviewed September 20, 2011

This hotel was lovely and ticked all the boxes, however at €110 for the night might have been a tiny bit overpriced but I'm grateful for the room.

Oudenaarde itself? Pompous, overblown town with little reason to go to and many reasons to leave. We looked at the other three hotels after arriving there on a cycling trip and they were desperately trying to rip us off. Quoting upwards of €180 for rooms that looked like scout huts. We were very lucky to find Steenhuyse and they treated us marvellously with a spacious luxurious room and a lovely breakfast. For the price, being English I expect a cooked option as frankly continental breakfasts are for losers. The restaurant to the right of Steenhuyse as you leave the main entrance was also excellent. So disappointed by the attitudes of the other townsfolk towards visitors however. Be warned! BOOK THIS PLACE IN ADVANCE!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Stayed 1 night on cycling trip with friends . As other reviewers have noted this is a small but stylish hotel in a 16th century building adjacent to the town square. The room was huge and very comfortable including a very good bed. Only concern might be little toilet privacy and minimal hanging space . Neither of concern to us . Owners always present and helpful . Breakfast of good quality in an attractive room overlooking garden .I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: slight traffic noise at front if windows open .
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2011

we stayed one night here on a friday evening - we can recommend this B&B, very large rooms and nice view to the town center-very good breakfast!!

nice design - we missed a bit space for the cloth hangers- minor problem.

to do;

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jozeftt
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Steenhuyse for 7 nights recently, and every night was perfect. The house is perfectly located in the city (you can either walk or take a bus from the train station), and you are right in the heart of the city. If you are lucky enough to get a room that faces the square (like I did) there are these huge windows and sills you can just sit at and watch the world go by as you winddown from your day. The breakfast was outstanding! I was particularly fond of the soft boiled egg's I started to have, but the most impressive was the French Press Coffee each morning! Reit & Rolf have certainly found their passion; and the rest of the staff is excellent too. And I can't say enough about the comfort of the bed!!! I slept like a baby every night!
Thank you so much for a wonderful vacation; and I hope to visit again to try out out the Beer and Slow Coffee Bar!!! I know it will be a success!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Wow, this hotel really surprised me. I was concerned that it would be too far removed from all of the Belgium sites that I wanted to visit. I didn't need to worry - the hotel is a 10 minute walk to the train station, and trains run regularly from Oudenaarde to Bruges, Ghent, Brussels and pretty much anywhere you want to go. The hotel itself is the most beautiful I have ever stayed in - a centuries old building, completely modernized inside, and when I opened the curtains to the floor-to-ceiling windows I was awed at the view of a beautiful old cathedral right across the street. The breakfast buffet was absolutely perfect! Loved it here!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Very stylish guesthouse to celebrate our 25 years of marriage with nice spacy rooms and a nice vieuw at the beautiful market of Oudenaarde. We stayed there for 3 days in the middle of 'de Ronde van Vlaanderen'. Especially the breakfast was a real delight! Just one remark : The hosts were friendly but not more than that; We missed a little bit a warm heart in this stylish renovated ancient house. Too much 'businessminded'.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple