“Beautiful Birthday!”
Review of The Tides

The Tides
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stellarton, Canada
“Beautiful Birthday!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We went to dinner at The Tides for my husband's birthday and had a wonderful time. They have balloons on the tables where people are celebrating special occasions and the service is wonderful from the time you leave your car until you return. I had the lobster risotto for a starter and the jerk bacon wrapped pork for my main course. Both dishes were delicious. My husband had the shrimp crab cake which he found very good but a little spicy and the beef tenderloin for his main. The beef was super tender and cooked to perfection. All the vegetables were fresh and everything was served in a different way. We shared a creme brulee trio and once again, delicious! My husband was then presented with a birthday cake and huge sparkler. Our cocktails were yummy and was the best manhattan my husband had on his trip. Wine was good as well. It was a little on the expensive side (over $500B) but well worth it. Kudos to our waiter, Omar, who was a joy! Next to the Lone Star this was our favorite dinner and would recommend it for an evening out.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank LASTACEY2014

San Juan de Alicante, Spain
“Best Birthday ever.”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This year I was lucky enough to be taken to Tides by my husband for my Birthday dinner. The whole evening was a pleasure; the staff were wonderfully attentive without being "in your face" the table setting of sprinkled emeralds was beautiful, the food out of this world, and it was all finished off by the staff singing "Happy Birthday" and presenting the largest sparkler I have ever set eyes on. It was the perfect evening, Thank you Tides.

• Visited March 2014
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food in a lovely location”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were recommended to go to The Tides by a friend and we were not disappointed. We booked that day and asked for a table on the sea front and advised I was gluten and dairy free, not a problem, I could choose anything off the menu and they would adapt it to my dietary needs and they did. We would definitely return were it not our last but one night. Beautiful food in a perfect location with excellent service.

• Visited July 2014
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary to Remember!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The dining experience at The Tides was fabulous! We started off with a couple drinks from the bar, the bartenders were friendly and let us know what the nightlife was like in the area. We were then seated at a table facing the ocean, to watch the beautiful sunset. They had placed a 'celebrate' balloon at our table which was really cute. The service overall was just impeccable, they would always come over to check on you and make sure you were content. I ordered the Seafood Tower for 2 starter, which was very fresh and made a perfect entree for one :). My husband ordered the eggs benedict, which was yummy and plated beautifully. We shared a dessert, I believe it was a cheesecake, and then lo and behold our server comes over with a slice of chocolate cake and a sparkler! I think we were a little embarrassed at first, but it was really sweet of them. They took a photo of us with the sparkler and later emailed it to us. It was the perfect way to celebrate our Anniversary and I would definitely return if I find myself back on the beautiful island of Barbados.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Really great evening”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had a great time at Tides - food was excellent, and service was faultless. They noted when i booked the table that i said we were on honeymoon and they went out of their way to a make the meal special for us with an extra "happy honeymoon" dessert, which was very kind. Lovely setting - couldn't ask for more!

Visited July 2014