“Another great meal”

Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Holetown
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Tides is one of the great restaurant experiences. Location is stunning, the food fantastic and varied. However the staff are what raise this from being excellent to stunning. We have been four times over the last four years and every time we have been treated so well. Some restaurants tend to treat 'ordinary punters' in an offhand way but Tides makes you feel important and valued. The fact that the chef and owner made time to check that we enjoyed our evening says it all really. If you want a truly memorable evening in Barbados then you must go to Tides.

1  Thank DavidHepplewhite

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Tides used to be one of our favorite restaurants in the world. We hadn't been for a long time and found that it is still very good. The valet parking is a nice touch, the room is lovely, the location I great and the staff are very good but the food didn't blow us away like it did a few years ago. Perhaps we've been spoiled by too many Michelin starred restaurants but it does seem to have lost it's sparkle. That said, we wouldn't hesitate to go back again and probably will.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our 3rd visit to Tides and I left a little disappointed. We had booked a table some time ago and we got what we asked for-a table adjacent to the sea and we were seated promptly with menus. However it was almost 10 minutes before we saw anyone. Then like a London bus, 2 turned up.(one a trainee). When it did come, the wine was placed tantalisingly just out of reach which was shame because refills were very slow. We thought the food was good but not spectacular and the service perked up a bit ( after the poor start). Highlight (did I really say that?) wasn't the celebratory firework (I was celebrating my retirement) but the appearance on a large black beetle that was clinging to my wife's desert spoon. It was safely removed with a brief enquiry as to whether anyone had been stung. No one had so that's all right then isn't it?

No, not a brilliant evening. we expected better than this and and, these prices it should have been

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was fortunate to celebrate my 50th birthday here a couple of days ago, and like the title says, it was perfect.
We had a table right by the Oceanside and it had been prettily decorated for us.
Service was just right, attentive but not 'in your face', too many heavenly sounding dishes in the menu to choose from but I had the best oysters and risotto I've ever had. I couldn't manage dessert but the staff brought out a beautiful cake with a firework and they all sang happy birthday to me.
My husband said the bill was very reasonable for what we ate and drank.
We both agreed that this was the best meal, service and overall dining experience we'd had in many years. It was all very beautiful and we couldn't think of a more perfect place to have spent a birthday.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We are glad we've visited this restaurant. Food is very good. However service could be better. The waiter was too slow and even though he wrote down what we've ordered, he brought wrong wine. Location is beautiful, nice music and what we've enjoyed the most is fantastic gallery the restaurant has. Most of the pieces are typical Caribbean. You can do both, watch or buy. Highly recommend to visit this place. But make sure you have the reservation in advance!