“One of the best on the West Coast...”
Review of The Tides

The Tides
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Holetown
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Still one of my favourites! I've been to The Tides many times over the years - had my 25th birthday here which was fabulous! Much more recently I have had a business lunch there with clients and dinner for my husband's birthday. The catch of the day at lunch was perfectly cooked. Dinner was excellent as well - my husband and I both had the risotto - amazing! - and he had the lobster and I had the coconut shrimp. Certainly one of the best restaurants on the west coast and a must if you are keen to have an elegant evening out. Start with a few drinks at the bar first - it's a lovely little area/art gallery to hang out in!

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My family and I rented St James' Villa next to Tides and were enticed in by the delicious smell and recommendations. Whilst the food was very good, the service was lack-lustre and in-attentive. They got course recipients mixed up, those drinking still water got sparkling and vice versa, the wine glasses were empty before anyone noticed and they forgot to bring biscotti with the Italian coffee. These are all fairly minor in themselves but when added together with the fact you're paying top dollar, then the restaurant falls far short of similar benchmark venues. And their leaf-blower annoys the hell out of me EVERY morning!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Family dinner - just superb welcome, service and food, as has consistently been the case since it opened; enough said when compared with similarly priced restaurants on the island. The tuna was among the best-prepared I have had anywhere. Well done and keep it up.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Really a gem. Food was fantastic. Lobster Risotto was amazing. Good service in a central Holetown location. Had kids and grandparents with us; all accommodated very very well.

On balance the best of the week - better than The Cliff even before costs taken into account - then a lot better!

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Lovey place , great food,nice atmosphere. Been here for lunch and I was very impressed. Also thumbs up service.