“Blown away by The Tides”
Review of The Tides

The Tides
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Holetown
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013

How come I never dined at The Tides before? What a fabulous experience, what a beautiful restaurant. And the food.... Mmmmmmmmm and the wine...Mmmmmm We had Champagne and Chateauneuf du Pape (home sweet home for me!). Just perfect. To tell you Trip advisor readers the truth I had read the comments on Trip advisor before going and one story about the garlic allergic person scared me a bit. That person was right about the number of waiters and waitress who serve a table. It is true that a waiter introduced himself as our waiter for the evening but about 5 different persons took care of us. I don't really mind...The drinks arrived quickly on the table, which is a very good thing. Only the person pouring the water should always have been the same as we had sparkling and tap water at the table and at some stage it was mixed...Nothing to blab about but still, at that level of excellence, everything has to be perfect otherwise all the little mistakes are like the nose in the middle of a face! Congratulations to the Chef and his team, the dinner was delicious, the wine list was fine and satisfied my demanding taste. The doormen were my first impression of the restaurant and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by their warm welcome and sense of humour. I loved the decor of the restaurant and we had a very good table. Now I want to go back badly to The Tides! Bravo!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This fantastic restaurant has it all. The art gallery is features so many talented artists, the setting on the beach is gorgeous and the decor is elegant. Even the washrooms with raised cobalt blue glass sinks are lovely
The food is the best. The seafood tower is delicious in both appearance and taste and the sticky toffee dessert is worth the calories
Dinner at Tides is a must on a visit to beautiful Barbados

Reviewed February 20, 2013

It was a pleasure to once again going to your establishment on Sunday 17th February.

We were completely satisfied with your total service, and equally pleased with the food and desserts.

My party is looking forward to coming back again and take this opportunity to wish you much success in all your endeavors.

A special thanks to Steven in reservations and our waiter who has only worked for you 6 weeks thus far Andre.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Tides has one of the nicest dining rooms you would ever wish to go to! Over looking the sea with unrestricted views from your table. Great food and attentive staff.You must go there at leat once when you go to the Holetown area of Barbados.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We just had a lovely lunch here. I chose the catch of the day which was red snapper which came beautifully presented with a delicious coconut rice and vegetables. So impressed I decided to try a desert of Tarte Tatin which was equally delicious. Very impressive if a little pricey for lunch but a lovely treat. Service was very good professional and friendly.