“So sad to leave this wonderful place ...”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of PINK COTTAGE

BATHROOM
STUDY
KITCHEN AND PATIO
Pool at the private Beach Club free access for guest
Located next to the beach
Beach Club and changing room
Sun goes down at the Beach Club
Beach House bar next to the Beach Club
Sunset from the Beach Club
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Giles527
Cirencester
“So sad to leave this wonderful place ...”
Reviewed December 12, 2017 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

A combination of weather, lovely people and this delightful cottage means that we're very sad to be back (especially to snow!). The cottage was just like being at home and has lots of character - hardly a sterile apartment but charming (like the owner George (Mr Pink) who we met whilst there). All facilities are provided and the patio area was cosy and relaxing. Literally 5/10 mins walk to the restaurants, shops, beach and the beach club, bar and pool whose membership is also provided. Very peaceful location with only the occasional sound of a gardener tending to a nearby property.
Many thanks to George's housekeeper Heather and her partner Dave who arranged car hire and settled us in upon arrival. George was very approachable if we needed any guidance. Will definitely be back - either to Pink Cottage or Pink Villa (which sleeps eight comfortably next door). Whilst there's no air conditioning don't let this put you off, with the slats in the shutters open on three sides of the villa there's a steady flow of air which keeps the place a healthy cool temperature as opposed to being refrigerated.

Dec 14, 2017
Giles
Great to have you as guest - very nice to meet you in person. Very pleased that our team did a good job we are here to please. We will keep up the good work and hopefully improve our service. Glad all guest appreciate my chattel house design - Barbados style which gives you a nice well and at the same time cool well. Looking forward seeing you in the Pink paradise
All the best Mr Pink
Anthony M
“Excellent stay at the Pink Cottage, Barbados..”
Reviewed August 26, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful time in Barbados. The Little Pink Cottage was very comfortable for my wife and I. We will be coming back to Barbados in the near future and we hope the Pink Cottage will be available when we do.

Anthony

Sep 9, 2017
Great you had a wonderful time in The Pink Cottage
You are more then welcome back looking forward to have you as guest again
All the best
George
Shelley20...
Toronto
“Tickled "pink"”
Reviewed August 15, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I just returned from a lovely time in Barbados. I had never stayed at the Pink Cottage before and was a bit wary after a previous very bad experience with a studio rental in the Holetown area. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the cottage looked exactly like the photographs. I was met by Heather who was friendly and helpful. She showed me everything I needed to know about the cottage. If I needed anything during my stay Heather was there to help. The gardener made sure to say a friendly hello whenever he was there tending the garden.

The cottage is clean and comfortable. I loved all the louvered windows. The kitchen is quite well stocked with utensils. There is a little patio out the back with a table and chairs if you enjoy sitting in the sun. The owner has really thought of everything - radio, tv, wireless, hairdryer, cable and even a little first aid kit. The only thing missing was air conditioning - this would make the cottage perfect.

There is one queen bed in the apartment so it may not be great for two friends sharing but is perfect for a couple. I stayed there on my own and must say that I felt very safe and secure at night.

I was sorry that the owner wasn't in Barbados as his emails were so friendly. I hope to meet him on another stay. Thank you for a lovely stay at the Pink Cottage.

Aug 21, 2017
Great to hear that you had a pleasant stay in the Pink Cottage. It was very very hot during your stay which it is not normal. We now have a portable fan which should do the job. Looking forward to meet you n ext time. Thanks again for your kind word and that you liked my team. All the best Mr Pink
GuyC1045
“Lovely bright cottage 10 minutes from the beach”
Reviewed July 19, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We had a great stay here in the cottage. Everything was great. The only suggestion we would have is to get more fans or get air con installed as it was hot in there when there was no breeze. But apart from that we have nothing to complain about. A lovely area with lush green fauna everywhere. Heather was great, any problems we had she sorted out. A lovely woman. We also had some regular small birds who would visit us every morning in the cottage. Once we opened the back doors they would fly down and one would walk into the house waiting for food! We nicknamed him Cheerio because he kept coming back for more once I'd fed him a couple. So if you stay here, go buy some cheerios and leave some crunched up on the table outside and see if cheerio comes to visit you!! We miss him dearly!

Aug 1, 2017
Thanks for your review - great to hear you had a good time. It was very hot unusually during the period you stayed. Normally you get breeze and then you don't need aircon or fan. I wanted to design the cottage in a traditional Barbados chattels house style all wood. Thanks All the best George
Hanne C
“A pink gem in Holetown”
Reviewed July 16, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Location was brilliant. Five minutes to shops, restaurants and beach. The Cottage on a quiet road, had everything that was needed for an excellent holiday.
I was given lots of good information before I arrived, and felt at home straight away.
As I was travelling on my own, security was important, and I felt very safe.
I am very happy to have found Pink Cottage and for my stay.

Jul 17, 2017
Great to hear you had a good time and all was to your satisfaction. The Pink place is private and secure and at the same time close to everything. Thanks for your review
All the best George
Jody94
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pink House”
Reviewed December 5, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Really enjoyed my stay in the pink house last month. Lovely quiet location within a short walking distance to Holetown and all it's amenities. The Beach Club was really nice, the card to enter was so useful. The house has all you need and although the bedroom has a ceiling fan it was cool at night - not a fan of air con anyway.
Dave who picked me up at the airport and Heather, the housekeeper could not have been more helpful, lovely people. I am only sorry I did not get the opportunity to meet George (Mr Pink) the owner of the property, perhaps next time. Thank you George!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Everything really
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Dec 7, 2016
Great to hear you loved the house and the location. Yes the Beach Club access is a very good place.with the pool next to the beach. Pleased to hear that the taxi driver and housekeeper where looking after. you.
Hope to see you soon. Thanks for staying All the best George (Mr Pink)
Paul W
Portland
“Home from in home in paradise!”
Reviewed October 17, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed for ten days in The Pink House and honestly couldn't have asked for more. The location was perfect, literally a 2 minute walk to the stunning beaches, shops, restaurants and night life that St James has to offer.

The pool was fantastic and clean, perfect for the days when even the short walk to the sea was too much effort ;)

George aka Mr Pink was an entertaining host whose knowledge of where to eat and drink (especially during happy hours!) was surpassed only by his generosity, taking us up to Sandy Lane Golf Course (stunning view) and even out to a local street party and karaoke night with the locals on 1st Street!

The house itself was a perfect size for us and clean, stylish and in a very safe neighborhood so we didn't feel worried walking home late at night after a few rum punches! George even arranged taxi's for us to and from the airport so it took all the stress out of the trip.

Highly recommend staying at this lovely home and making it your own for your trip, we cant wait to go back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: George! Mr Pink really made our stay, also the location being so close to the beach and sea!
Liked least: Leaving
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 19, 2016
Great that you enjoyed your stay in paradise,
Thanks for your kind words yes the location is perfect close to everything and at the same time nice and peaceful .
Looking forward seeing you and other guest again
All the best
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing