“Visit with some friends from Canada”
Review of SeaCat

SeaCat
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oistins, Barbados
“Visit with some friends from Canada”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have visited The Seacat several times previously with a group of weekly lunch mates and I always enjoyed their meals. I decided with my wife to take a couple of friends from Canada for lunch on Tuesday this week. We were not disappointed!
The welcome from Kathie-Anne was warm and friendly and we were given the choice of tables as we were early.
We ordered the calamari and the deep fried okras for starters while we enjoyed their rum punches and a lemonade - most refreshing. The starters arrived and both dishes were a hit. The okras were crispy and delicious and the calamari was done just right while the dipping sauces complemented them perfectly.
The main courses lived up to expectations. I had a side of cassava fries while the others had sweet potato fries - all agreed they were excellent and the portions were more than ample. The fish was cooked beautifully and seasoned without overwhelming the flavour of the local dish.
Certainly worth the visit and recommended as a must visit lunch or dinner choice while on a visit to the island.

• Visited February 2014

Bridgetown, Barbados
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This IS the place to eat in a most relaxed and casual atmosphere”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

It was simply the best! My partner had the lobster, catch of the day (swordfish) and garden salad along with a baked potato and I had the tuna (seared medium) with the cassava fries and coleslaw.
We are what you would consider locals and we dine there at least twice a week, if not more often.
This is a no fuss small-sized restaurant where the majority of the seating is toward the back of the restaurant. The restaurant is very laid back and relaxed.
Talk about great quality and value for money!
Staff very friendly and accommodating.

• Visited February 2014
Wales
“excellent quality fish”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We went to the Seacat twice during our recent holiday and both times what really stood out was the quality of the fish, it was succulent, tasty and melted in the mouth.

Visited January 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The fish was fab but not much else”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Our experience of The Sea Cat was very disappointing. As we walked in no one greeted us so we asked for a table for two and we were shown to a table at the back of the restaurant. As I don't like coleslaw I had cod and chips there was no other option to have as a side not even any peas! The fish was beautiful but the chips were not the best they were oven chips I think not fried as I thought they would be. The ladies was very untidy and not the best there was a plunger in the middle of the floor no toilet paper and a dirty basin. Very disappointing.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Sue T
New York City
“Great stuff! ”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

A genuinely friendly staff make this place great.

It was the greeting by Jason that struck us. A real friendly person who we could tell enjoys his job.

Since it was our first time there i asked Sabina (hope I've spelled it correctly)for suggestions. She knows what she is talking about. The food in this place is simple but excellent.

The tilapia was fantastic as was the okra starter we had. Portion sizes were great value for money. The dessert, key lime pie, was excellent.

Will definitely be back.