“Beware of using your credit card”
Review of Lime Bar

Lime Bar
Ranked #12 of 45 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lime Bar is the premiere bar on the exclusive West Coast. You can order breakfast, a healthy snack from the bar and a meal for lunch or dinner time from our delectable menu. Lime Bar has become known as the perfect spot to meet up with friends, watch our famed mixologists at work and enjoy a diverse entertainment schedule.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our credit card number was stolen from staff at this bar. We stopped in to have a drink after shopping one afternoon. While its a fun outdoor place, the vibe sitting around the bar in the afternoon was strange. For lack of better words, there were some creepy people there....There were a few people who were chatting but a lot of men sitting by themselves scanning tourists who approached.
We had one drink each and were so creeped out we decided to leave. When paying for our bill my husband noticed the bartender give our credit card and check to another man sitting at the far end of the bar. My husband got up immediately and got our check back. The next night at dinner the same credit card was declined. We called our bank immediately. There were $12,000 USD of fraudulent charges starting right after our charge at Lime Bar. We reported it to the hotel, but since we were leaving the next day there wasn't much we could do about it. Our bank took care of all the fraud - which included thousands of dollars worth of plane tickets and payment to travel companies in India.
I would NEVER go back and unfortunately this left such a terrible taste that we will never return or recommend Barbados either.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Seems to be the place to be and all my friends rave about it.
I've been several times and don't enjoy the atmosphere. I can't see the point of flying thousands of miles to be in somewhere that could be any bar in London. It is mainly a crowd of British and Canadian tourists. There are some locals there of course but it does completely lack any Caribbean atmosphere.
Friday tends to be packed out but to be honest on other nights you can wait a long time for drinks. Drinks are fairly expensive but typical west coast prices.
There is usually some live music and they are very good singers but they could do with singing something with a bit of life. I felt as if I was at a funeral; their choice of songs really depressed me. It did pick up for there last 30 minutes but maybe that was the alcohol?; it's a shame they couldn't keep the tempo up for the whole session. A dj came on afterwards and he was excellent as he always is whenever I have seen him.
Staff were all very friendly but they could do with a few more on busy nights.
No doubt I'll go again when all my friends insist but if you want to feel as if you are in Barbados there are dozens of better places to go.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here last night with some friends. We left after we got thirsty since it was taking so long to get drinks. It was busy but now THAT busy the bar tenders were nice but they were in no rush to get drinks out and they ran out of glasses. I would say that on average it would take 10-15 min of standing at the bar to get served. Since it was thursday night we opted to go to a pool hall instead of hanging around any longer.

The bar is located in an outdoor courtyard of a high end mall area. There are a lot of other bars in the area with more of a Barbados feel.

If I was staying in the area I would probably give it another try during the day time. I would not go out my way though.

1  Thank NauticalTraveler
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

This is definitely the place to be, the atmosphere is fantastic, the cocktails are beautiful, the prices are extremely reasonable, the entertainment is good, the staff are very friendly(when you can actually get served).
However, it is nearly impossible to get served, there are nowhere near enough bar or table staff, spent 4 hrs there on Friday night, planned to get quite drunk but only managed to have 2 drinks all night as I just could not get served, which rather puts a dampner on the evening.
During the week it is quieter and a lovely place to enjoy a few cocktails in beautiful open air surroundings.

1  Thank chandrikagrashion
Reviewed November 26, 2012

In spite of the fact my other half was asked if he had any weapons to declare as we went in this was a superb bar. Really buzzing and an amazing place to people watch

2  Thank finchaa