“Shopping lunch stop with my daughter”
Review of Relish Epicurea

Relish Epicurea
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: It is a new trattoria cafe in the new Limegrove Mall in Holetown, opened within the last month or so. It is not well known yet but as we visit Barbados often we get around and came across it on a Sunday lunch time. I did a small review in a trip report. I also have a copy of their Sunday menu. I spoke with the manager and business seemed quite good and that's in the off season. The type of cuisine is more international than Caribbean or North American but could fit into either category.
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Shopping lunch stop with my daughter”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stumbled across this gorgeous cafe whilst shopping. The staff made me a bespoke baguette of blue cheese and shrimp whilst my daughter chose from the menu. This was the freshest, well presented and tastiest lunch I've had for some time. Very well priced, clean and healthy. The staff were very pleasant. It was so lovely that we made a trip back the following day. Absolutely recommended.

Relish E, Owner at Relish Epicurea, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Glad you were able to join us for Lunch, Yes we do enjoy sharing our Fresh Fun Food with the Limegrove shoppers.

At Relish we can develop sandwiches on demand, as our Deli has a great selection of produce, meats, cheeses and seafood.

I think we may put your special Shrimp and Blue cheese baguette on the menu! Hope to se you soon again.

New York City, New York
“Nice breakfast, very poor service”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Back on Barbados for a winter break and we decided to have our first breakfast at Relish in Holetown. The food was excellent - well made scrambled eggs, good quality bacon and wild boar sausage, great coffee, etc, but the service was incredibly poor and slow. They really need to bring the service up to the standard of the food as soon as possible.

• Visited November 2013
Relish E, Owner at Relish Epicurea, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Firstly Thank you for your endorsement of the Relish Food Statement! On the less positive note, we sincerely apologize with regards the delay in the service, we strive every day to maintain our Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, this is a perfect example of one a bad apple!

I would love to host you and your party for breakfast and share some more of our great food with you, please call 621 0077 or drop in to arrange same.

Once again thank you for helping to keep us on track.
NJ
“Good lunch spot”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a nice spot for some sandwiches for lunch. Service was fine, food was good, the bread in our sandwiches was delicious.

• Visited July 2013
Relish E, Owner at Relish Epicurea, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Delighted! Thank you for your positive review, yes our freshly baked bread and all fresh ingredients result in a simply delicious sandwich. We are so happy you enjoyed Relish, our service and Limegrove location.
Barbados
“When the cat's away, some mice will play”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I absolutely love Relish and was utterly disappointed on my recent visit because I invited a friend and after she browsed their online menu the week prior, decided that she'd love to try the waffles; plus, she's heard me go on about how great the waffles actually are.

To cover all my bases, I decided to call ahead and my telephone conversation went something like this: "Are waffles still on your menu?"; "Yes they are" was the response. I followed up with: "Do you serve them all day?"; "Yes we do" - if I could mimic the tone here I would; needless to say it was kind of frosty but I got the information I needed and happy that my friend would be able to try the waffles she'd heard me rave about.

A few minutes after 2pm on Saturday afternoon, we arrived at Relish; stood there for a few minutes before being greeted and observed printed on the menu that waffles are served from 9:00-11:30. Obviously, at this point, we were confused. We were approached by a staff member who asked whether we were eating in or taking away. We told her that we were eating in to which she said take a seat and she'd be with us shortly. I said before we take a seat, I'd just like to confirm something and asked: "Are you still serving waffles now?"; I believe at this point the employee just looked at me with a blank stare and if she said something, I can't remember exactly what it was. She then called over the counter to the Chef and asked: "Can they get waffles now?" The Chef shuffled through a few drawers and then said: "Yes". What killed it for me was the following...the staff member looked at myself and friend and asked: "Does that answer your question?" (INSERT ATTITUDE HERE)

Yes! It absolutely answered our question and informed our decision to turn around and walk away. There's a way to speak to customers and this definitely wasn't it. I was absolutely floored and embarrassed because on previous occasions I've not had a problem at all. Plus, I was introducing a friend to Relish and had told her how great my experiences had been. Alison's always ready and willing to help as well as Nicola the Chef.

Should you visit Relish? Yes, this was the first time I've experienced this level of service and it is indeed the exception not the rule. I'm just really, really disappointed and still in shock at how the staff member spoke to us.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AFitnessFoodie
Relish E, Owner at Relish Epicurea, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We are so sorry that our usual say Yes first attitude was not part of your experience on Saturday. At Relish we have been building our clientele one happy customer at a time, we do run our menus all day, even though the menu has a time limit we do not limit our ability to satisfy a desire based on this. Thank you for taking the time to share thay this was not the case on Saturday.

We value our regular customers' in put and your review will be very helpful for our upcoming staff meeting! We would love to share our say YES and our lovely waffles with you and your friend let us know when you wish to do so on the HOUSE!
cheshire
“Fresh and clean beautiful food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Ate here few times always fresh clean food
Alison and staff will accommodate your needs . Pleasant surroundings inside or out.
Lovely coffee too which I'd a plus for us
Big thanks Alison for cooking my husband
The red snapper fish he loved it. See you soon

• Visited April 2013
Relish E, Owner at Relish Epicurea, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thx much, so glad you enjoyed our Relish Fresh Snapper with Mango Crnaberry Salsa!! Hope to share our fresh specials with you both in the future.
Alison