“Relaxed spot for a couple of drinks”

Surfside Restaurant & Beach Bar
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Visited a couple of times for drinks over a two week holiday and always found it relaxed & cheerfully run. It is not and does not pretend to be anything but a beach bar with a basic but good menu. It is clean, friendly and the beer is cold plus there is still a view of the beach and the sound of the waves to enjoy. What more do you really want?!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stumbled upon Surfside Restaurant & Beach Bar by lucky chance! We ended up back there more than a few times day and night. The staff were very pleasant, happy people who couldn't do more to help if you required it.

The atmosphere in this place was so relaxed. We met many locals here who gave us information and great discounts on local trips. I believe some were fixtures of the bar! lol. We saw them time and time again.

One of the most scenic bars in Holetown especially at sunset. The view was absolutely beautiful. If I go back to Holetown this will probably be the first bar I visit and possibly the last of my trip too.

I would highly recommend this as a beach bar. Unfortunately I did not have opportunity to try the food here but the rum punch, diet coke and coconut daiquiri are very nice! :).....Enjoy!!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

1. Ok so I had the wrong order brought out to me tonight, ordered spaghetti and got lasagne, which happens.
2. When the correct order came out the garlic bread was considerably thinner than what came out with the lasagne ( I had the spaghetti the other day and got the biggest slices of garlic bread I have ever seen) - how big should the slices be
3. Once the correct order was brought to me no body bothered to ask if everything was ok - it wasn't I had to put 3 lots of salt and pepper on my meal as it was so bland - if I wasn't so hungry and the supercentre across the road was open I would of just want there.
4.my friend had 2 rum punches and only one came with a cherry, one without. - was he supposed to get one or not?
5. When we came the other day we was given glasses of ice water which was constantly filled up we didn't ask for this but it was a godsend,today no ice water given or offered. - are you meant to be given water or not
6. My friend ordered an appetiser which was only 5 barbados cheaper than my main meal. Why? In fact his appetiser consisted of deep fried shrimp, some lettuce and some mango sauce which at 30 barabdos dollars is a rip off. I can't help but think you pay a premium price here due to the fact you can see the sunset while eating, nothing else.

Absolutely disgusted we asked for the bill and ended up going to the counter and paying at the till, even more disgusting the automatic service charge was applied to my bill when there is not a chance anybody deserved any tip whatsoever. I really feel mugged for paying a service charge, when service was non existent. I know for a fact the chef didnt taste this meal as he would of realised how bland this food was, not a hint of herb or spice. At home this meal would of been free due to the cock up or at least a free drink offered for the inconvenience This is not how you retain customers. Rather you end up getting poor reviews about appalling service levels, we won't be returning to surf side except to watch football, maybe. I really hope Duane the manager sees this and has enough character to offer some kind of explanation.

1  Thank Ljustin7
Dwayne H, General Manager at Surfside Restaurant & Beach Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Firstly let me thank you for your in depth review. As I can see from this review you have been to Surfside more than once and your first meal apparently seemed to be ok. If that was so I urge you to once again come and give us another try and not just for football.

I see you have been very detailed about your experience and I'm curious as to why you didn't bring this to the attention of the Manager on duty as opposed to waiting until you left to post this review. I'm glad for this criticism as we have been going through a restructuring process shuffling the staff and implementing some new systems such as an electronic POS solution.

I'm honestly saddened this all had to happen to you all in one visit and again I do hope you accept my sincerest apologies for this faux pau. For my investigative purposes I would kindly ask you to contact me via e-mail @ surfsiderestaurant@caribsurf.com or (246) 233-2188 so we can further discuss this event and possibly prevent it from happening again to yourself or another future customer.

Yours Sincerely
Management

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have just returned form my 8th trip to Barbados and the surfside is still one of my favourite places to go.

Happy hour is a must. To sit with a rum, watching the sun go down is perfection made even better by adding a portion of bajan fishcakes.

Its not a fancy place and it doesn't pretend to be. But its an ideal place to sit and relax and enjoy some good food. We have eaten there on numerous occasions and have never had a bad meal.

The atmosphere on a sunday is brilliant when the steel pan band is playing and everyone up dancing.

Also for the last 2 trips we have been lucky enough to see baby turtles hatching next to the bar as it is a nesting spot. An amazing experience which i will never forget

1  Thank Nurse_Cupcake
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Surfside seems to be one of the places favoured by ex pats and long term holiday makers - possibly because of the TV screens showing UK football! (Not for me but, hey, if people want to watch the football rather than the Caribbean sunset, who am I to quibble!) Although we didn't eat here, the food we saw being dished up looked very nice. For a beachfront bar, the prices were reasonable and the staff friendly. With tables actually on the sand, this is a true beach bar!