“Ideal Villa & Location”
other travelers have booked this property
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Fabulous beach just across the road from Mangoes. A 2 minute walk will bring you here. Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Spend time at the pool - situated beach side it's also only 2 minutes walk away.
Entry is free.
Generous verandah - dine, relax, entertain - comfy seating for 11 people here.
Living room, sets of french doors lead to veranda and 'al fresco' dining room
Mangoes, formal dining room,  wrought iron arches allow a pleasant breeze
Smart kitchen, well equipped with appliances, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans etc.
Master bedroom - this bed is 2 mtrs wide (78 inches).
Master bedroom dressing table & wardrobes. There's a big safe inside the wardrobe.
Master bathroom. Now en-suite to the Master bedroom.
Queen/Twin - a large, comfy bed
Queen bedroom, dressing table, wardrobes and entrance to new en suite bathroom
En suite bathroom to the Queen/Twin bedroom.
Here we have the Queen/Twin room dressed for occupation by only one person
Triple bedroom, dressed as double plus single. Private bathroom.
The triple bedded room - for up to 3 persons. Dressed as three single beds.
The veranda overlooks our big, lush, tropical gardens.
Dining table + 6 chairs, suite seats 4, mamasan lounge chair.
Standard lamp + ceiling fans.
Gazebo and barbecue.
The back gate leads on to the green - just across the road is the sea - 2 mins!
At night the garden is magical. With pretty fairy lights and the joyous calls of the tree frogs.
Beautiful sunset, one of many, from Beach House
Beach House (the beach club) is a great place to have your 'sundowner' cocktail & absorb the beauty.
Chattel shops, delightful goods of high quality, 2 minutes walk from Mangoes
Beautiful 'Bottom Bay' - everybody's dream Caribbean beach - except this is the Atlantic coast!
North Point - wild Atlantic cliffs
Bathsheba, also the wild Atlantic. Surfing championships held here.
More of Bathsheba - see how the rocks are undercut by the sea.
North Point - exhilarating to say the least!
Find your way from North Point - helpful direction sign-post
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

paulvP936...
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Ideal Villa & Location”
Reviewed May 11, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Had a great time and the Villa was superb, Lucille the housemaid was Brill.
Beach was on the doorstep and all the other amenities.

Your age range 50-64
Hi Paul,
A compact review but it says everything in a neat package.
Thanks very much indeed!
You know where to find us if you'd like to return - we'd happily welcome you back!
beamondl
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Holiday of a life time”
Reviewed May 9, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Back from our 3rd visit to Mangoes. We are so glad we found this wonderful place to stay in Barbados ( Thank you Cath and Ian) Everything you need is in walking distance. Supermarket, restaurants and wonderful bars just 5 minutes walk.
Mangoes has 3 lovely large bedrooms and now has 3 bathrooms. The kitchen has everything you need and you can eat in the dining room or there’s a table out on the veranda. The veranda is a lovely place to just sit and relax. Lovely Lucille is there to welcome you when you arrive and also calls twice a week to change the bedding and clean.
There is a private pool just 2 minutes across from Mangoes that we used quite often. You can reach the beach from there. Also there is a nice bar and restaurant .

See you in November Mangoes
Thank you Cath and Ian and Aldi Lucille

Hi B,
I know you really love Mangoes! Why else would you come back and back? Well, hubby and I can understand that as we love it too (can't wait for our next visit!).
Anyway, many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It's very detailed and informative for future guests. Such information is very important for them and it confirms all my own descriptions of Mangoes.
Don't need to tell you that you are welcome back - you already know that anyway .....AND you are already coming back .... at least twice that we know of so far!
Take c are, thanks again.
Chjeerio, Cath.
allen h
“Outstanding property and location. Our favourite holiday.”
Reviewed May 8, 2018 for a stay in June 2017

I visited St James on the west coast of Barbados with my family for the first time and we all found it fantastic. The facilities are amazing with something to do every day and night, and of course there is the Caribbean sea to cool off from the hot sun.
The Mangos villa we hired for our stay is an excellent 5 star villa with 3 large spacious bedrooms and bathrooms. Tastefully decorated with a large garden area with comfortable seating and dining. A pleasant cleaner was on hand daily to ensure the exceptional clean standards were maintained and a gardener ensured the gardens were well groomed.
Access to a secure private complex with a large swimming pool and gateway to a golden beach and the Caribbean sea was also included in the package.
Me and Family enjoyed the holiday that much, we have already booked to return later this year to Mangos villa.
A great place to visit and I would recommend Mangos to all my family and friends.
Thank you for the fantastic experience.

Hi Allen,
Thanks so much for this excellent review.
Your enjoyment comes through in what you say and I'm glad you had such a good time .... especially good enough to make you want to stay at Mangoes again!
I have to agree with you that our area has fantastic facilities - we really couldn't ask for anything more right on the doorstep ... and yet, I think that local development of recent years has not spoiled the character of the area .... rather it has enhanced it.
Thanks for all the nice things you say about Mangoes decor and staff.. They are all good people who keep things together when we can't be there - we are so fortunate to have them.
I'll be in touch before your next visit .... so that your next stay can be equally fantastic!!!
PaulaAx
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Our third time here, and it is better than ever.”
Reviewed January 20, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We had a wonderful 10 days over the Christmas/New Year period at the Mangoes. The villa is much improved from when we were last here, with a lovely new en-suite shower room and a large, light and airy laundry room. There were far fewer mosquitoes than in past times (I think as a result of the new laundry room being lighter and airier) which was an added bonus and we came home virtually bite free. Even before the changes it was a lovely place to stay, but now it is fab! The villa has everything you need, including a blender for pina coladas (!), has the lovely Lucille to keep it spotless for you and is so close to the beach (1 min walk away), Beach House (1 min away), supermarket (5 mins away). Talking of the supermarket, it reopened in November and is amazing. Huge, with everything you could possibly want in it. Makes life very stress free having it on your doorstep. We had a truly lovely time. Gorgeous weather, good food, interesting trips around the island, and a lovely beach and snorkelling area on your doorstep. Can't wait to come back. For info, there were 5 of us (2 adults, 3 children aged 12, 10, 9).

Jan 21, 2018
Hi Paula,
Thanks for this lovely review - so glad you liked our improvements - I can't wait to get back to enjoy them myself (didn't have much time to enjoy last visit as we were busy right to the end .....I was even painting on my last day, in between packing to leave)!
It's great to have repeat guests like yourselves, even though we haven't met, I feel I know you and we have a good rapport going. I know you want to come back again so I'll keep a watch for good flights for you if you want me to?
The number of mozzies around goes up and down and it's difficult to know when/why. You may be right about it being the new laundry room. Hopefully, my notes on how to manage them help too - I go by them myself and we don't get bitten too much.
I look forward to experiencing the new supermarket - it opened the day after we left last November!
I look forward to hearing from you again when you're ready for your next visit. Until then, take care - it's always a pleasure!
Margaret...
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Barbados Home”
Reviewed January 8, 2018 for a stay in November 2017

We stayed in Mangoes in November 2017. What lovely relaxing time we had close to all restaurants and bars in Holetown. Roomy 3 bed property surrounded by lovely well maintained gardens. Maid twice a week who really looked after us. We have booked again for April 2018 already. Need I say more.

Jan 10, 2018
Hello Margaret,
Thanks for a very nice review and for re-booking of course...... as well as projecting ahead to a third stay with us!

I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed Mangoes, our gardens and our lovely house keeper Lucille. She is a gem isn't she?
Hopefully, we'll have a long future together - you three ladies and we.
Many thanks again, cheerio, Cath.
antbee201...
Exeter, United Kingdom
“A perfect house in a dream location”
Reviewed January 7, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We couldn't have asked for more - a very comfortable and pretty house that easily met the needs of 7 people surrounded by a stunning garden, with a beautiful beach and pool moments away. Local shops and amenities close to hand for everything we needed. Owners happy to provided ample information to ensure we had a fantastic holiday. The only issue now ..... when can we go back!

Jan 10, 2018
Hello there Bee!
Thanks so much for a lovely review. Compact in nature, your comments cover all aspects of the comfort and convenience of Mangoes and let us know that we're getting it right.
I really enjoyed our correspondence - in fact I have now used my story of "why Barbados and how I came to own Mangoes " as part of my advertising. Why not? It's a true story and helps would be guests get to know me a little .... which hopefully gives them confidence.
As to your question about when can you come back ...., why, anytime! We'd love to have you again!
Thanks again. Cheerio, Cath x.
hannahjda...
Swansea County, United Kingdom
“Magical family holiday”
Reviewed October 9, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

What a wonderful home to borrow for our holiday! Thank you so much for sharing it with us for our first family trip to Barbados with our 2 children (3yrs old and 18months) and grandparents came along too. Great contact with Cath (owner) before we went, friendly check-in and check-out and local staff, incredibly well equipped for us and a wonderful location. We had a truly magical holiday eating all our meals outside on the veranda, occasionally watching monkeys wander through the garden, taking a toddler paced 10minute stroll on to picture perfect tree-shaded beach which we often had to ourselves, or a 5 minute toddler dawdle to the private pool complex. Everything we needed was within a 10 minute walk. I can't believe we found such a perfect home from home and highly recommend Mangoes.

Oct 11, 2017
Hi there,
Thanks for a very lovely review for back in April. I remember the nice little personal note you sent me straight after, describing your family and how each had enjoyed! I may not have met you but I can tell you are a lovely family and your kids are very lucky.
I really hope you'll be coming back some day because we are making big improvements at Mangoes right now (we're here in the thick of it ..... and we're probably in the messiest part with all the dirt, smell and noise that goes with building - before it takes shape and looks lovely!)
What we'll have when done is a three bedroom, 3 bathroom house with two rooms being ensuite as well as an entirely renewed washroom area. It's going to be so much better!
Just want to round off by saying what a pleasure it is to hear that you had such a happy time and that the memories are still strong.
Thanks so much, Cheerio, Cath.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing