“A perfect house in a dream location”
other travelers have booked this property
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Fabulous beach just across the road from Mangoes. A 2 minute walk will bring you here. Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Spend time at the pool - situated beach side it's also only 2 minutes walk away.
Entry is free.
Generous verandah - dine, relax, entertain - comfy seating for 11 people here.
Living room, sets of french doors lead to veranda and 'al fresco' dining room
Mangoes, formal dining room,  wrought iron arches allow a pleasant breeze
Smart kitchen, well equipped with appliances, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans etc.
Master bedroom - this bed is 2 mtrs wide (78 inches).
Master bedroom dressing table & wardrobes. There's a big safe inside the wardrobe.
Master bathroom. Now en-suite to the Master bedroom.
Queen/Twin - a large, comfy bed
Queen bedroom, dressing table, wardrobes and entrance to new en suite bathroom
En suite bathroom to the Queen/Twin bedroom.
Here we have the Queen/Twin room dressed for occupation by only one person
Triple bedroom, dressed as double plus single. Private bathroom.
The triple bedded room - for up to 3 persons. Dressed as three single beds.
The veranda overlooks our big, lush, tropical gardens.
Dining table + 6 chairs, suite seats 4, mamasan lounge chair.
Standard lamp + ceiling fans.
Gazebo and barbecue.
The back gate leads on to the green - just across the road is the sea - 2 mins!
At night the garden is magical. With pretty fairy lights and the joyous calls of the tree frogs.
Beautiful sunset, one of many, from Beach House
Beach House (the beach club) is a great place to have your 'sundowner' cocktail & absorb the beauty.
Chattel shops, delightful goods of high quality, 2 minutes walk from Mangoes
Beautiful 'Bottom Bay' - everybody's dream Caribbean beach - except this is the Atlantic coast!
North Point - wild Atlantic cliffs
Bathsheba, also the wild Atlantic. Surfing championships held here.
More of Bathsheba - see how the rocks are undercut by the sea.
North Point - exhilarating to say the least!
Find your way from North Point - helpful direction sign-post
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
antbee201...
Exeter, United Kingdom
“A perfect house in a dream location”
Reviewed January 7, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

We couldn't have asked for more - a very comfortable and pretty house that easily met the needs of 7 people surrounded by a stunning garden, with a beautiful beach and pool moments away. Local shops and amenities close to hand for everything we needed. Owners happy to provided ample information to ensure we had a fantastic holiday. The only issue now ..... when can we go back!

Jan 10, 2018
Hello there Bee!
Thanks so much for a lovely review. Compact in nature, your comments cover all aspects of the comfort and convenience of Mangoes and let us know that we're getting it right.
I really enjoyed our correspondence - in fact I have now used my story of "why Barbados and how I came to own Mangoes " as part of my advertising. Why not? It's a true story and helps would be guests get to know me a little .... which hopefully gives them confidence.
As to your question about when can you come back ...., why, anytime! We'd love to have you again!
Thanks again. Cheerio, Cath x.
hannahjda...
Swansea County, United Kingdom
“Magical family holiday”
Reviewed October 9, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

What a wonderful home to borrow for our holiday! Thank you so much for sharing it with us for our first family trip to Barbados with our 2 children (3yrs old and 18months) and grandparents came along too. Great contact with Cath (owner) before we went, friendly check-in and check-out and local staff, incredibly well equipped for us and a wonderful location. We had a truly magical holiday eating all our meals outside on the veranda, occasionally watching monkeys wander through the garden, taking a toddler paced 10minute stroll on to picture perfect tree-shaded beach which we often had to ourselves, or a 5 minute toddler dawdle to the private pool complex. Everything we needed was within a 10 minute walk. I can't believe we found such a perfect home from home and highly recommend Mangoes.

Oct 11, 2017
Hi there,
Thanks for a very lovely review for back in April. I remember the nice little personal note you sent me straight after, describing your family and how each had enjoyed! I may not have met you but I can tell you are a lovely family and your kids are very lucky.
I really hope you'll be coming back some day because we are making big improvements at Mangoes right now (we're here in the thick of it ..... and we're probably in the messiest part with all the dirt, smell and noise that goes with building - before it takes shape and looks lovely!)
What we'll have when done is a three bedroom, 3 bathroom house with two rooms being ensuite as well as an entirely renewed washroom area. It's going to be so much better!
Just want to round off by saying what a pleasure it is to hear that you had such a happy time and that the memories are still strong.
Thanks so much, Cheerio, Cath.
Experienc...
“Mangoes...the perfect Villa”
Reviewed August 16, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

I've stayed in various parts of the Island and Mangoes is my favorite...the well stock kitchen, the lovely spacious beds/ closets, the new bathrooms, and the wonderful staff...who made us feel so welcome and at home. The WiFi work perfect, also the Tv and radio kept us informed. I give mangoes 9 stars

Thank you Cath and Ian for sharing your home with me and my family....I am looking forward to visiting again in the very near future

Aug 17, 2017
Hi there,
What a wonderful review! We are also looking forward to having you back in the very near future!
AND I am proud to be able to tell you that when you come back, Mangoes will have a new extension for the washroom area and will include a new en-suite bathroom for the Queen bedroom. From November, Mangoes will be a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with 2 of the bathrooms en-suite!
So, when you come back it will be that much better that we may score 10 stars!
Thank you so much for staying with us, it has been a real pleasure!
Cheerio Cath
arlene105
Verona, New Jersey
“Mangoes - even better than described!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We spent a wonderful week at Mangoes and it was even better than described!! The layout of the home was perfect. We were a bit concerned about having A/C only in the bedrooms, but that was not a problem at all. There is such a lovely breeze all the time, and with the open-air concept it was absolutely wonderful. A/C was definitely not needed in the living areas. The A/C systems in the bedrooms, along with the ceiling fans, worked perfectly and made for a great sleeping environment. We were very careful to run them only when needed, although they detected the absence of movement and turned off automatically – fantastic feature! The beds . . . I haven’t slept that well in a long time!! The kitchen was well stocked. There were pots and pans of every size and plenty of dishes. I appreciated that the cupboards were labeled so that we could return everything to the proper place.
Most of our time was spent on the lovely verandah. The one thing we noticed was that there was a lot of traffic on the road, starting at 7AM Mon-Fri. We finally determined it was due to the construction that was going on at Massey’s Market down the road, so it should be temporary and should not deter anyone from renting. Anyway - you are on vacation, what's a little traffic noise when you're sipping your coffee enjoying a beautiful garden and a cool breeze? The gardens are really beautiful – just as described. The villa is very private and convenient to some good restaurants and lovely beaches. We never felt unsafe walking around.
Lucille was a joy. Such a sweet lady and intent on making sure we were happy. You have some wonderful help there, Cath and Ian – treat her well!
We were concerned about the dreaded mozzies. In the end, they were certainly no worse than what we have here in New Jersey, USA, during the summer months. Cath provided detailed information on how to deal with the mozzies and we followed it to a T. I do believe that made a huge difference for us. I also wonder if we were just lucky in terms of rainfall and time of year. They simply were not terrible. No complaints here!
Thank you, Cath, for all of the tips you provided when we rented. We felt very prepared to visit and your points were spot on in terms of the Bajan locals, local dress code, etc.
One point I would like to stress to anyone visiting from the US – there is absolutely no need to rent a car. With driving on the left side and steering wheel on the right, it was a bit stressful. I’m sure another week and we would have been fine, but it would have made better sense to use taxis or the bus system (car rental was high $$). I did a lot of research before booking my trip and that was one tip I hadn’t seen, so I am sharing it here.
To close - our trip was a 10, and if we return to Barbados there will be no question where we will stay. Mangoes is perfect!! Thank you again, Cath and Ian!!

May 12, 2017
Fantastic review, thanks so much!!! You have covered everything and there are several points on which I'd like to reply.

Lucille - she is a treasure and we treasure her, believe me. I will refer your compliments to her after writing this reply. She will be pleased.

Air con. Thank you for making your views on this so clear. It is not common, in the Caribbean, to find air-con in living areas as the whole idea is to enjoy "out door living". A "Tropical" holiday is essentially about experiencing and enjoying the warmer climate ..... many of us choose such destinations for that very reason.
Yet, I find the Barbados temperatures much more equable than some parts of Europe, for example, which have searingly hot summers (40-50C) and freezing cold winters. Choose the Caribbean at any time of year and you are going to get a fairly constant 80-90F = circa 30C.

Glad you appreciated my notes .... and thank you for reading them fully. They are written from experience .... of course we get bitten by mosquitoes as well as any other island visitors .... and in our green days, we did not understand the local culture as we do now.....so it's obvious that we should pass on the benefit of our expertise.

About car hire - well, yes .... we ALWAYS hire a car, but having a home there makes our needs different to those of the holiday maker. We hire "cheap and cheerful" so I don't usually recommend but offer a broker site to find today's best bargains.
I take your point about driving on the left - I should make it clear to all apart from English renters as most other countries drive on the right and I'll factor this info into my notes.

Thanks again .... only one thing left to say ...... hurry back!
Cheerio, Cath and Ian
Sporty40
Hampshire
“Fabulous holiday”
Reviewed April 21, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

I recently stayed at Mangoes with my partner and 8 year old daughter. We had a fabulous time; the villa was immaculate and spacious, to include a very well equipped kitchen. A lovely veranda and a stunning garden. You don't need a car as everything is on your doorstep, sea, pool and restaurants. However, we did hire a car for a few days just to go and explore the island. On other occasions we used the yellow buses. I would definitely recommend Mangoes and cant wait to return.

Apr 23, 2017
A splendid review, thanks very much indeed.
You explain to future guests some of our own assets as well as describing our prime location. That's just the kind of info people need to help them decide.
Thanks again - I do hope you'll be able to return some day ...... soon ...... it will be our pleasure to have you back.
Take care, cheerio, Cath and Ian
555defaul...
Dover, United Kingdom
“Mangoes , 94 Hibiscus Ave , Holetown , Barbados”
Reviewed March 6, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

Mangoes is a detached villa in Sunset Crest . It's got three double bedrooms ( all with a/c ) and two bathrooms , a large living space comprising sitting room , dining room and a large varandah ( all with fans ). There is also a large ( rather old fashioned ) wash room .
I gather from Ian&Cath that there will be changes made this year which will include a new wash / utility room and an ensuite bathroom . Brilliant !!
Overall the accommodation is great ; comfortable beds and loads of wardrobe space . The kitchen is well equipped and the showers are excellent !!
The living area is spacious and there's a great decked verandah which is covered . We spent most of our time there . A big plus is that Mangoes is very close the Chattel Village and Masseys Supermarket in Holetown and no more than a two minutes walk across the green to The Beach House with its pool and sun beds and , of course , the beach .
Wonderful !
We've booked again for next year !!
Howard & Sarah Jones
16/01 - 06/03/2017

Mar 6, 2017
Hi there you two,
Wow! A swift review - you can't even be on the plane yet so all is fresh in your minds! Very efficient!

Glad you enjoyed your stay at Mangoes and thanks for
a) re-booking ..... and ....
b) this very good review. The descriptions and explanations of location etc are very useful to future travelers.

Yes, plans to renew the washroom extension are on the cards. I have been making drawings to an approximate scale and we'll be meeting builders during our visit in June. I hope all goes smoothly despite Barbados' known reputation for being laid back and sleepy......great for relaxing holidays but can become a little "manyana-ish" when it comes to getting things done!
I'll keep you posted about how it's going.

Thanks again, safe and comfy flight home.
Cheerio, Cath.
Silvielan...
“Fabulous Mangoes”
Reviewed January 18, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We stayed here for 16 nights over Christmas and new year and had a wonderful holiday. Mangoes was absolutely perfect for us being in a great location and having all the facilities we could need.

Lucille was lovely and looked after us really well.

We didn't eat in much but when we did we made good use of the lovely dining area.

The villa is securely gated though the area feels quite safe anyway and was no problem to get to all the bars and restaurants in Holetown.

I hope we can return in the near future.

Jan 20, 2017
I couldn’t ask for a better review, thanks very much indeed!
Yes, Sunset Crest is a safe area; hubby Ian and I are only 5'2" each and we walk out at night without any problem.
In part, the wrought iron gates are provided, in addition to wooden doors, to allow breeze to flow through, even whilst guests are out and the house safely locked but it’s also a comfort to those who are slightly nervous when abroad or during the hours of darkness.
A confession from me …. we hardly ever eat in! There are so many lovely restaurants only a stroll away and when beach-side dining is so affordable, why wouldn’t I want the Caribbean lapping at my toes ….. EVERY night?
We would love you to return, it’s been a pleasure to have you at our home.
Cheerio, Cath.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing