“So good, it was a shame we had to leave, even...”
other travelers have booked this property
The beach, just across the road, 2 minutes Our pool, just across the road
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The beach, just across the road, 2 minutes
Our pool, just across the road
Sunset at the pool - amazing
Living room, sets of french doors lead to veranda and 'al fresco' dining room
Spacious living room
Mangoes, formal dining room,  wrought iron arches allow a pleasant breeze
Beautiful bougainvillea outside in the rear gardens
King bedroom - 2 metres wide (78 inches)
Full length mirror, dressing table, plenty of wardrobe space with safe inside.
Pool - from the top
Queen bedroom
Queen/twin - dressed here for single occupancy
Triple bedroom - or double + single
Triple room dressed as a double plus a single
Arch into kitchen, click to see properly
Mangoes kitchen and door to gazebo and barbecue
New kitchen as of April 2011
Portrait view of kitchen
Main bathroom - new in 2013
Main bathroom
Veranda and deck from the floral arch
Well furnished veranda. 10/11 comfy seats, dining table, coffee table, mamasan relax-chair
Overlook the main gardens whilst dining or relaxing
Gazebo and barbecue
Gazebo and back garden gate out toward sea and pool - 2 mins walk!
Shopping mall with modern supermarket, 5 minutes walk from Mangoes
Chattel shops, delightful goods of high quality, 2 minutes walk from Mangoes
Beautiful sunset, one of many, from Beach House
Beautiful 'Bottom Bay' - everybody's dream Caribbean beach - except this is the Atlantic coast!
North Point - wild Atlantic cliffs
Bathsheba, also the wild Atlantic. Surfing championships held here.
More of Bathsheba - see how the rocks are undercut by the sea.
North Point - exhilarating to say the least!
Find your way from North Point - helpful direction sign-post
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Accessibility to the beach, local restaurants and all amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 25, 2014
Hi there,
Thanks for this super review, with 5 star ratings for each sub-category and the huge complement; your words - "Thank you for offering such first class accommodation and facilities".
Thanks too for the overall rating of 4 stars. There's always room for some improvement isn't there?
We're off to Mangoes ourselves very soon to continue our programme of refurbishment and hopefully to catch a bit of holiday too - either way I just love being there.

Please come back to us whenever you feel you'd like to re-visit, you'd be more than welcome.
Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Older travelers
May 25, 2014
Hi,
So sorry for this late response to your review - I thought I had responded, maybe I clicked something wrong and lost it.
It's a really good review and I'm very grateful. It is difficult keeping up with the number of reviews required when guests are so long stay as your good selves.
It's helpful for future guests to know that Mangoes is so well situated for all amenities as well as the beach and pool and probably your best compliment to us is the fact that you return year on year for so long. It becomes more enjoyable for us too and it has been rewarding building up an email relationship with you during Jan, Feb and March of 2013 and 2014, even though we have never met!
It's good to know we are getting things right for our guests - that's the whole aim after all!
Looking forward to resuming our email relationship next time you're in residence!
PaulaAx
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Everything previous reviewers have said is true - it is a perfect location and is very well maintained and comfortable”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

The 5 of us stayed over New Year (3 boys, 8, 6, 5) and had a wonderful holiday. The villa is very comfortable, extremely clean and perfectly located. The beach is less than a minute's walk away and you have the choice of turning right to walk along the main, busier, Holetown beach, or left to two more secluded bays. The supermarket is 3 minutes walk the other way and there are restaurants right on your doorstep. We did not hire a car and found it a very hassle free and relaxing holiday. Cath and Ian gave us lots of good advice before we came out and there is even more info in the house so it really feels like you are being looked after. Lucille, the housekeeper, is a star and comes in twice a week to thoroughly clean and change sheets. She has an amazing ability to rid a house of sand! There is also a laundry room so you can wash your own clothes as well which was really useful.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and cleanliness
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jan 10, 2014
Hi P,
Many thanks. I'm so glad you enjoyed Mangoes and our lovely area. Sounds as if you found my favourite beach too - which is one of those you mention turning left (South).
Lucille is a joy - we are lucky to have her - I'll pass on your comments to her, she'll be pleased as punch.
If you ever want to re-visit, please get in touch, you'd be welcome to come back and stay again!
For now, all best wishes for 2014!
Worcester UK
Reviewed November 21, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Nov 21, 2013
Thanks for this very complimentary review and factual snippets - always useful for future guests.

I'm glad you had a great time; just reading what you've written makes me realise how much I wish I could be going for a Mangoes-break myself right now.

Don't forget to contact us in the future if you'd like another visit, you'll be very welcome indeed.

Bruce_McG
Vancouver, Canada
“Exactly as advertised....beautiful private villa across the street from the ocean...excellent”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Simply lively private villa, all the comforts of home. AC in each bedroom so us northerner's can sleep. Lucille comes every few days to clean up. Close to shops, groceries, restaurants. Private club is a nice touch if you want to lay out without the sun. Will definitely stay here again when in Barbados.

Value Location
Jun 29, 2013
Hello there,
If you don't mind, I'd like to add to this by pasting on the unexpected and unsolicited comments you wrote to me privately .....

"Hello,
Just wanted to send a quick note. My family & I stayed at your place with *** ******** last week.
It was just lovely. All the comforts of home, close to everything. And being across the street from the beach and the club's pool made it perfect.
Thank you so much, we would recommend the place without reservation."

I was particularly delighted to receive this AND the review from you - all the more because we'd had no previous communication as my work was all through your lead party *** as above.

A response like yours really gives my husband an I a boost and makes us feel that all our efforts to keep up the standards at Mangoes are worth while.

Thanks so much - we'd love to welcome you back in the future.
Toronto
Reviewed June 7, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Jun 7, 2013
Hi there,
Thanks for this compact and very positive review.
We do get a lot of repeat guests and we find we have a new problem ..... we're beginning to question when we'll be able to stay at Mangoes ourselves - the calendar is filling for 2014 already!

That aside, we'd be happy to have you two amongst our regulars, so hurry back!

Cheerio, Cath and Ian
Lancashire,England
Reviewed May 5, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
May 5, 2013
Hi there,
I must thank you for this lovely review.
Many thanks for my personal compliment - I do try to help guests with queries before their holiday and it's nice to hear that it makes people feel comfortable and at home right away.
Thanks too for your kind words about our staff; they are truly a Godsend.
The garden was probably what made me fall in love with Mangoes when I first saw it, some 10 years ago. It has taken a long time to nurture and coax it into shape and we still have further to go.
I enjoy gardening myself and do a bit of snipping, tying up and planting when I can (I'm not much good at digging unfortunately! Need bigger muscles!)
I hope you will be able to return to Mangoes, we and the staff would all love to have you back.
Cheerio, Cath.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$1,324
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing