“Fab time had by all at mangoes”
other travelers have booked this property
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Fabulous beach just across the road from Mangoes. A 2 minute walk will bring you here. Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Spend time at the pool - situated beach side it's also only 2 minutes walk away.
Entry is free.
Generous verandah - dine, relax, entertain - comfy seating for 11 people here.
Living room, sets of french doors lead to veranda and 'al fresco' dining room
Mangoes, formal dining room,  wrought iron arches allow a pleasant breeze
Smart kitchen, well equipped with appliances, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans etc.
Master bedroom - this bed is 2 mtrs wide (78 inches).
Master bedroom dressing table & wardrobes. There's a big safe inside the wardrobe.
Master bathroom. Now en-suite to the Master bedroom.
Queen/Twin - a large, comfy bed
Queen bedroom, dressing table, wardrobes and entrance to new en suite bathroom
En suite bathroom to the Queen/Twin bedroom.
Here we have the Queen/Twin room dressed for occupation by only one person
Triple bedroom, dressed as double plus single. Private bathroom.
The triple bedded room - for up to 3 persons. Dressed as three single beds.
The veranda overlooks our big, lush, tropical gardens.
Dining table + 6 chairs, suite seats 4, mamasan lounge chair.
Standard lamp + ceiling fans.
Gazebo and barbecue.
The back gate leads on to the green - just across the road is the sea - 2 mins!
At night the garden is magical. With pretty fairy lights and the joyous calls of the tree frogs.
Beautiful sunset, one of many, from Beach House
Beach House (the beach club) is a great place to have your 'sundowner' cocktail & absorb the beauty.
Chattel shops, delightful goods of high quality, 2 minutes walk from Mangoes
Beautiful 'Bottom Bay' - everybody's dream Caribbean beach - except this is the Atlantic coast!
North Point - wild Atlantic cliffs
Bathsheba, also the wild Atlantic. Surfing championships held here.
More of Bathsheba - see how the rocks are undercut by the sea.
North Point - exhilarating to say the least!
Find your way from North Point - helpful direction sign-post
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Chriswhit
Preston, United Kingdom
“Fab time had by all at mangoes”
Reviewed January 25, 2012 for a stay in January 2012

A great place for a family holiday. Six of us stayed here very comfortably and was very safe and secure for my 3 yr old daughter. She loved watching "Molly the Mongoose" the little lizards and the occasional monkey. The villa is very clean and everything to a high standard. The location is excellent everything you need very close including the pool and beach. Our 3rd time in Barbados and cant wait to return again would highly reccommend. Thankyou Cath and Ian.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing!
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jan 24, 2012
Hi Christine,
Many thanks, I've only just spotted this review.
I'm very glad to hear that you all enjoyed Mangoes and had a good holiday.
I knew we had a resident mongoose and am pleased to know that your little one has christened her Molly. (How did you know it was a lady mongoose I wonder!)
Thanks for coming - it was a pleasure having you.
Cheerio, Cath and Ian
UK
Reviewed October 20, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Oct 20, 2011
Hi Jason,
Thanks - a very comprehensive and helpful review. I like reviews which are useful and informative for future guests.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay so much ... we love the wildlife in Barbados and are pleased to hear that the mongooses are back. Did you see any monkeys passing through? Every now and then, there'll be a family in the area - usually looking to pick our mangoes or bananas! The babies are so cute, they play like kittens and are such fun to watch.
I hope you get the chance to visit Barbados again - we look forward to welcoming you back to Mangoes very soon!
Lewes
Reviewed August 24, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Aug 24, 2011
And thanks to you too Ted, for a nice review and a very full explanation of what we are offering - I'm sure future guests will find the practical information you have provided very useful.
I hope you get the chance to visit Barbados and Mangoes again - you'd be very welcome.
Texoma -Texas Oklahoma border. USA
Reviewed August 16, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
people found this review helpful

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Aug 16, 2011
What can I say? Thanks for such a super review!
We´re really glad to hear that you had such a great time - we always do and totally love Barbados ourselves (obvious really, why else would we have bought Mangoes?)
We´d like to spend a lot more time there and one day we shall do ..... for the moment, a review like this makes the wait all the more worth while.
Thanks again and hurry back, you´d be welcome any time!
Prestwick
Reviewed July 11, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Jul 11, 2011
Hi there you two!
Many thanks - I'm glad you enjoyed your Bajan holiday and had such a good time at Mangoes.
I'll pass on your comments to my staff, they love a little praise!
Hope to have you stay again - sooner rather than later.
Hampshire
Reviewed May 27, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

May 27, 2011
Hello Frances and Michael,

Thanks for all the nice things you said about my house - and me!

Holidays are very important, everybody needs to recharge their batteries once in a while, which is why we try to provide the best possible experience for our guests. I hope both of you managed to get plenty of rest, relaxation and to recharge yours!

Sorry about the TV problem, now ongoing for 5 months. Barbados is a sleepy little place and the laid back feel is one of the things that everybody falls in love with - until you need something done, that is! You cannot be in a hurry - it does not fit with the ethos! The TV company ran out of equipment so we have to wait until the new shipment arrives!

I was surprised about the air-con, which room did you sleep in? All three were ok when we were there last month. I have asked Management to check it out.

I know you feel you've done Barbados now, hope you enjoy all your future travels and rechargings!

Norfolk
Reviewed April 14, 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Apr 14, 2011
Thanks Pete,
And as I reply, we are here at Mangoes, putting the finishing touches to a completely new kitchen so next time you come back you'll have a much improved facility!
Looking forward to having you back soon.
Cheerio, Cath and Ian
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing