“Visit 2 ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nishi Restaurant

Nishi Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: British, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since February 2014 Nishi is under the ownership of Paul Edwards, one of the founders of Nishi and Steve Prebble a UK entrepreneur who lives in Barbados. Nishi incorporates a funky outdoor dining area and bar where you can dine under the stars, air-conditioned dining watching our famous sushi chefs and a private dining area. We are family friendly offering everything from great sushi to homemade British pies and an early evening takeaway service.
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Visit 2 ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I visited Nishi back in 2011.
This is my second visit and I'm so pleased that Nishi restaurant was still there.

The staff and Paul always make me feels so welcome and relaxed.
As a single woman traveling on her own is not easy every night to find such a welcoming place that I can have dinner and feel so relaxed and welcome.

I am able to eat at the bar if I don't want to sit on my own and the bar team are always introducing me to new drink Ideas.

Thank you one again for yet another warm welcome and a memorable trip.
Keep up the good work

Miss Joanne pinkstone

1 Thank joanne p

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“First visit and impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

A chance meeting with Steve, the part owner in the bar of the Cliff led to a visit. I have to admit to being intrigued by his description of his restaurant as 'we do sushi, and a few pies' that drew me in.
We were not disappointed. Staff were attentive without being over fussy. Paul was the epitome of efficiency, running the place like clockwork while taking time to chat to guests. My wife was in raptures about her steak and mushroom pie, which was comfort food in the extreme. I don't do pies, or sushi for that matter, but had the chef's combo sushi which came in at $80. It was expertly put together and very tasty. As far as sushi goes, I am reliably informed by my sushi-devouring daughter that it was sensational. For me, the highlight for my laughably unsophisticated palette was the baked cheesecake. Yes, baked cheesecake! It was sensational. Highly recommended. Wonderful place.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank RobbyJBridlington
Kittery Point, Maine
“Wow this place is great! The only 5 star I can give without a single concern...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

It is a bit confusing to get inside at first because the main entrance appears to be to the rear right hand side of the building. We walked in through the bar area to find the place full of beautiful people of all sorts. It was like all of the staff members were fashion models. Even the customers were dressed nice in designer cloths. Not a very fancy place, but certainly Very people trendy I thought. The owner personally came to each table, introduced himself, and took the time to chat with each customer to insure a pleasant dinner. He actually stopped by twice, and even said on one occasion that if our order did not arrive in 5 more minutes he would personally see to it to make it so. We had hardly waited 15 mins from the time we ordered. Very impressive in consideration of the typical Barbados service time. The dim sum dumplings were just fantastic; just like how my grandmother use to make. Super fresh with just the right amount of steam for proper palate texture and bite. And even the steamed BBQ pork bun was better than most Chinatowns that I have been to. Sushi is the freshest that I can ever remember having. It did not appear to be previously frozen. Although not necessary, dress up a bit and look cool and trendy when you try this place!!! It will get you into the right mood to appreciate the fine art that will come before your eyes. You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank Wayne678
“Sublime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Cocktails heavenly, sushi even better. Fabulous atmosphere, friendly immaculate service. Beautiful to look at too!
Stunning.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We drove past the restaurant a couple of times and thought that it looked nice from the outside so decided to give it a try. We are so glad we did! The decor inside was great and the whole service atmosphere was on a par with any restaurant we've been to. However, it was the food itself that blew us away. Having been disappointed by most of the calibre eateries in Barbados we were amazed and delighted at the range, quality and taste of the food. This is definitely a 'do not miss' restaurant when on the Island.

• Visited August 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank Finlayson1965