“Different to all other restaurants in Barbados” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nishi Restaurant

Nishi Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: British, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since February 2014 Nishi is under the ownership of Paul Edwards, one of the founders of Nishi and Steve Prebble a UK entrepreneur who lives in Barbados. Nishi incorporates a funky outdoor dining area and bar where you can dine under the stars, air-conditioned dining watching our famous sushi chefs and a private dining area. We are family friendly offering everything from great sushi to homemade British pies and an early evening takeaway service.
Dublin, Ireland
“Different to all other restaurants in Barbados”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I liked the clean modern lines and the presentation. It seems much more cosmopolitan than other restaurants on the platinum coast. Great white wines and the food was delicious. Should try at least once and especially of you like Japanese/ Asian food.

Visited July 2013

Barbados
“Above expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

There has been rumors on island that Nishi, is the new place to go, so after a quick drink in Lime Bar we all met in the funky courtyard bar at Nishi ,great music and atmosphere. We were 4 girls on a night out and from the minute we arrived we were made to feel welcome by the owner and his team.
We all tried different starters and mains which without exception were delicious, some serious sinful deserts and cocktails to follow.
Well done Nishi, your reputation is well deserved we will spread the word.

• Visited June 2014
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Fantastic meal, child friendly, great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I have known Paul....one of the owners of Nishi, for a number of years. It had been 3 years since we have visited Barbados and were delighted to find that Paul and Nishi where doing well and running smoothly on our recent trip in May/June. Paul and the staff were more than accommodating when we booked dinner for 6PM with our year old son. Not only was everyone happy to have us...even with babe in tow....but they chatted with us and continued to stop by our table( outside) while we dined to entertain our son and us. My husband and I have different taste and both of us were more than satisfied with our meals. To start I ordered the pear salad~yummy! And my husband had the tune tartare....which as I tried it as well was fantastic! My husband ordered the cottage pie as a main (a very English fare) and I went all in with the chef selection plate of sushi! We were not disappointed! We have dined at Nishi before, always good, as well as with Paul on numerous occasions.....and we have ALWAYS had a delicious meal and enjoyable time! If you are looking for a fantastic meal and great evening~ even with the kids ~then Nishi is a wonderful spot to dine! The food and company will not disappoint! Thank You and looking forward to our next visit :)

Barbados
“A really nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We elected to dine indoors on the first floor at Nishi and it has to be said that it has a very London vibe about it and very little Barbados. That said, it does work well. I remember when Olives bistro occupied this space and we really liked it. It had more warmth than it does now but what Nishi have created is clever and as far as I know, unique on Barbados.
I ordered the chicken satay to start which was not quite what I was expecting as it didn't come with the smothering of peanut sauce I'm used to in Thai restaurants but it was very tasty and came with some delicious pickled ginger, some blow your head off wasabi and a small salad. My wife passed on a starter but had catch of the day for mains, which was very nicely cooked and very tasty she said. I had the Thai green shrimp curry which was excellent and really spicy. Again, the wife passed on dessert but I had a superb coconut bread and butter pudding.
The staff were courteous but lacked a little warmth. What was a really nice touch was that the English chef / owner came out in his immaculate chef's whites and greeted us. Unlike a previous reviewer I can't say that he outstayed his welcome at all - he judged it just right and comes over as a genuinely nice guy. I believe he has only recently taken over and we wish him every success as it is much deserved.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dartford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“+You don't have to just enjoy Sushi to dine here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We visited Nishi whilst on vacation in Barbados recently. We were staying just around the corner at Mango Bay, and although all inclusive, we fancied a change. Several people in the hotel and around the pool had said Nishi was worth visiting. However I love sushi, but my wife does not. So after a little persuasion we dined there. The Sushi I had was fresh, nicely prepared and generously portioned. My wife had the catch of the day ( which she loved) but there were plenty of other choices on the menu, if like her, sushi is not your taste. I would say 30/40 % of the menu isn't sushi. So don't let that put you off. For the west side Barbados, we found the price very reasonable, and would have no hesitation recommending Nishi, to fellow diners.