“Fantastic meal, child friendly, great experience!”
Review of Nishi Restaurant

Nishi Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Nishi Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Sushi, Caribbean, British
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since February 2014 Nishi is under the ownership of Paul Edwards, one of the founders of Nishi and Steve Prebble a UK entrepreneur who lives in Barbados. Nishi incorporates a funky outdoor dining area and bar where you can dine under the stars, air-conditioned dining watching our famous sushi chefs and a private dining area. We are family friendly offering everything from great sushi to homemade British pies and an early evening takeaway service.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I have known Paul....one of the owners of Nishi, for a number of years. It had been 3 years since we have visited Barbados and were delighted to find that Paul and Nishi where doing well and running smoothly on our recent trip in May/June. Paul and the staff were more than accommodating when we booked dinner for 6PM with our year old son. Not only was everyone happy to have us...even with babe in tow....but they chatted with us and continued to stop by our table( outside) while we dined to entertain our son and us. My husband and I have different taste and both of us were more than satisfied with our meals. To start I ordered the pear salad~yummy! And my husband had the tune tartare....which as I tried it as well was fantastic! My husband ordered the cottage pie as a main (a very English fare) and I went all in with the chef selection plate of sushi! We were not disappointed! We have dined at Nishi before, always good, as well as with Paul on numerous occasions.....and we have ALWAYS had a delicious meal and enjoyable time! If you are looking for a fantastic meal and great evening~ even with the kids ~then Nishi is a wonderful spot to dine! The food and company will not disappoint! Thank You and looking forward to our next visit :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We elected to dine indoors on the first floor at Nishi and it has to be said that it has a very London vibe about it and very little Barbados. That said, it does work well. I remember when Olives bistro occupied this space and we really liked it. It had more warmth than it does now but what Nishi have created is clever and as far as I know, unique on Barbados.
I ordered the chicken satay to start which was not quite what I was expecting as it didn't come with the smothering of peanut sauce I'm used to in Thai restaurants but it was very tasty and came with some delicious pickled ginger, some blow your head off wasabi and a small salad. My wife passed on a starter but had catch of the day for mains, which was very nicely cooked and very tasty she said. I had the Thai green shrimp curry which was excellent and really spicy. Again, the wife passed on dessert but I had a superb coconut bread and butter pudding.
The staff were courteous but lacked a little warmth. What was a really nice touch was that the English chef / owner came out in his immaculate chef's whites and greeted us. Unlike a previous reviewer I can't say that he outstayed his welcome at all - he judged it just right and comes over as a genuinely nice guy. I believe he has only recently taken over and we wish him every success as it is much deserved.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We visited Nishi whilst on vacation in Barbados recently. We were staying just around the corner at Mango Bay, and although all inclusive, we fancied a change. Several people in the hotel and around the pool had said Nishi was worth visiting. However I love sushi, but my wife does not. So after a little persuasion we dined there. The Sushi I had was fresh, nicely prepared and generously portioned. My wife had the catch of the day ( which she loved) but there were plenty of other choices on the menu, if like her, sushi is not your taste. I would say 30/40 % of the menu isn't sushi. So don't let that put you off. For the west side Barbados, we found the price very reasonable, and would have no hesitation recommending Nishi, to fellow diners.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Nishi was Awesome! shortly after arriving we were greeted at the table by the owner who was really pleasant and very welcoming.
The meal was delicious we got a big platter of sushi and im a massive sushi fan and it was some of the best ive had.
recommend Nishi to anyone visiting Barbados

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Honestly, living in knightsbridge we were looking for something different coming to barbados but if we were nishi not the right place to go.

the restaurant could easily fit in any high end postcode in london or new york.

the venue and its decor. the great music. the prettiness of the female staff, very pretty indeed.

the quality of the food and its sizes (i will never understand how could anybody complaint about portions).

the professionalism of the co-owner. all top marks.

we had a large platter of sushi each, miso soup, then a local fish (dolphin type) on mash. all very good but simply too much for us. i regret not being able to finish it.

expensive, yes. BD$ 360 with cocktails for my wife and two bottles of still water.

i will go back, if not for the food than simply for the staff.,,oops sorry darling!