1,862 results
All reviews superior room glass bottom boat lunch and dinner catamaran trip small hotel water skiing cold towels the penthouse rum punch free catamaran bar staff waitress service street party ocean front evening entertainment water sports a la carte
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

From the minute my friend and I arrived and were checked in by the delightful Cara, what was a girls week in the sun became a very memorable holiday. The location is superb, the sunsets will see me through the winter!! The size of the complex was small enough to get to know other travellers. The excursions organised by the hotel were well worth doing. The restaurant for an all inclusive hotel was very good with a variety of buffet and menu on different evenings. The bar could provide any drink you required. However the "jewels in the crown" of this establishment are the staff, never have I been made to feel so welcome anywhere I have stayed before. I can only congratulate the Management for getting this so right. Thankyou for a splendid holiday.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank hlg21
Reviewed November 26, 2017

My husband and I had a lovely time staying at this small friendly all inclusive Hotel. We had a nice quiet room that looked out onto the pool but away from the bar which was perfect for us. We throughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and the staff are very friendly and accommodating, nothing is too much to help with. The beach is amazing and just a short step away, beach staff are always ready to help with sun bed and beach table etc.
However, the hotel evening entertainment requires some improvement and needs to have more of a Caribbean twist to make you feel like you're in Barbados. The reggae music at the bar during the day time is great. Oh dear, one down side are the flies... apparently we went in fly season; awful having to cover your breakfast & lunch and fan away flies every time we eat. So, we opted to eat inside which was a shame because tables looking out onto the beach are the perfect setting. But, overall we thoroughly loved our stay here.

Room tip: when booking request a quiet room
Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank pauline2goul
Reviewed November 24, 2017

My 'now' wife and I have literally just returned from our honeymoon at Mango Bay, and we enjoyed every moment of our stay. All members of staff were more than helpful and nothing was too much for them.

We are unable to focus on any particular individual, as all members worked as a team to ensure our stay was pleasurable.

Food delicious and varied with option to try local cuisine.

We promise to return.

Rob and Simone x

Room tip: Boutique-style hotel
2  Thank RobTheHo
Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

We visited in October and had a wonderful time, a beautiful small friendly hotel set on a gorgeous beach. We had ocean view room which was well with the extra, spacious and comfortable. To be honest the hotel and rooms could to with a bit of updating but everything else far out weighed this. The outstanding factor about the hotel was the service, everyone was lovely and friendly really made the holiday. Would love to return to mango bay and Barbados the best place we’ve ever been!

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank tinabL2151ZF
Reviewed November 20, 2017

We just got back last week from the Mango Bay so called All Inclusive Hotel, why I say this is because I do not drink coffee, hot tea or water in the morning, I drink coke. The first morning I got up I went to the gentlemen and said good morning to me, I said it would be a better morning if I could have a coke, he said I could not get a coke because the bar is not open. I said this is suppose to be all Inclusive, he had the keys and delivered me a coke but he said good luck the rest of the week, which I thought was strange. The next morning I went down to get a coke, and Ms. Aerial was there and she said the bar is not open, told her I got one yesterday and very rudely she said who got that for you and I told her, this happen the rest of the days that we stayed there. I then got coke from another place and I could not get ice because the bar is closed, this happened on our Anniversary which by this time I am in tears, my husband was in such did belief for a cup of ice. So if you plan on having anything besides coffe or hot tea, stay away from this place.
They talk about the free catamaran ride they do not tell you that you need to book that right away, so we never got the catamaran ride to the sea turtles, because they was booked. I was told later by a gentlemen that it was booked on the Saturday that we arrived, but I needed to correct him that a family booked it on a Sunday with no problem for 5 people, so I was lied to about that. They did offer a speed boat ride, but we declined because it is not the same, it is about being with a group. We did book a catamaran tour that we payed for, so we did get to go on one but not the free one.
The rating of the food is not the best, you could call it a hit and miss situation when it came to the food, more of a miss, we had better food off property.
The sad part of this whole trip was that I complained about the coke in the morning the first day, I then found out by a waiter that he did not know it was me that was complaining about the drink problem, so I was the talk of the wait staff and this was the day we was leaving. I had HR coming to talk to me, and upper management coming to talk to me which at this time it did not matter, it was to late my trip was already destroyed. My question is why did not someone try to correct this before it got escalated, I know the answer to this is because Aerial is the owners daughter and she was in control. I complained to the front desk and it did no good.
The good points is Cara, if you want to plan a tour have her plan it, she does a wonderful job.
You want a great sever or to find good cigars, talk to Peter G., great guy, this is the person that told us I was the talk of the staff.

18  Thank whiner38