Mango Bay All Inclusive
$185
$180
  • Pool
Coral Reef Club(Holetown)(Great Value!)
$430
$417
The Sandpiper(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$430
$417
Orbitz.com
Divi Heritage(Saint James Parish)
$80
Hotels.com
The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$357
  • Breakfast included
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
$86
  • Pool
$853
$360
Orbitz.com
Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
$775
$464
No availability for your dates from our partners
Royal Westmoreland(Saint James Parish)
1,692 results
All reviewssuperior roomglass bottom boatlunch and dinnercatamaran tripsmall hotelwater skiingrum punchthe penthousefree catamarancold towelsa la cartewaitress servicebar staffocean frontevening entertainmentstreet partyour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Mango Bay is a beautiful resort located right beside many restaurants- but we never got to try them because the food in the resort was great. Breakfast was nothing special but lunch and dinner were consistently good. I loved the soups! Service at dinner was exceptional- our water glasses were never left empty. I worried that portions would not be enough for my husband (considering dinner is served) but when you are having appetizers, soup/salad, main and dessert it wasn't an issue. Definitely try the coconut ice cream.

Our room was exactly as pictured on the website, spacious, king-sized beds, in room safe. I did not find that the rooms were well cleaned each night; basically bed was made, towels changed. The beach & pool are small and I'm sure it would be difficult to find chairs during the busy season. The beach is public so be prepared to deal with peddlers who offer everything from excursions to marijuana- this got to be very annoying by the end of the week (and security doesn't seem concerned). I have been to Mexico, Dominican & Jamaica and the ocean in Barbados was the most swimmable- little-no undertow, not super deep etc. The resort offers many complimentary activities that add great value. Glass bottom boat trip was alright; viewed a lot of the coral reef & they let you off to snorkel with fish. Trip to Bridgetown: shopping tends to be in malls or department stores, super hot that day so we sought comfort in a pub. The catamaran trip was our favorite (free) excursion, beautiful trip towards the south coast and then you jump off and snorkel with turtles! This was my first experience with turtles in the wild- they weren't shy, swam all around us (bumping into our feet and legs) and we even touched their shells.

There is a guest lounge that has books, games and large screen TV- all of which were pretty poor condition but not why I am in Barbados! Only one computer is available but there is Wifi in that room as well. There is also only one small bar but, again, this was fine when we visited but I wonder what will happen during high season. It was at the bar (and on the free excursions) that we met many fantastic couples from the Eastern states & Britain. We're all facebook friends now and visits are being planned. Tell the bartenders that Brad recommends the "Bajan Smile."

Other things we did: Cocktail Party at Mount Gay Rum distillery- very fun, lots of rum, create cocktails and go home with prizes! Actually, if you are buying rum, it was most affordable there (we checked at the local grocery store too). Island Safari tour was also enjoyable- you tour the north of the island in Land Rovers, great guides and at one point you drive very fast down a 'dirt road' for about 15 min of the trip. So, I would suggest saving your money and doing a normal coach tour of the island instead of paying extra for the Rovers. Oistins Fish Fry was also an experience- lots of food booths, jewelery & craft vendors, cheap beer and of course the drug dealers make an appearance too. We paid $35 US/ couple to take the bus from the hotel; if you do meet some people, maybe share a taxi- it would probably cost the same and you could come and go when you please. We also had Spa pedicures down the road (just past the Texaco) at "Glo Salon & Spa." Lisa is the beautiful owner of this clean, relaxing spa- treatments are more affordable than the in-hotel spa and (from what our friend described) the pedicure was better. Saturdays are for "puddin' and souse" (I'm not sure if that's how you spell it)- delicous; our taxi took us to a beautiful place on Arbour road (I think) in St. John's Parish.

Overall, a great vacation location!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrownCND
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We only have praise for this little gem on Barbados' pristine west coast. Our oceanfront room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. In addition to the beautiful view of the sea and the sound of the waves, our room provided air-conditioning, a safe, a flat-screen TV, and complimentary wireless internet access.

The beach is spectacularly beautiful and so is the water. A minor inconvenience has to do with the usual practice of hotel guests leaving a beach towel, a book, or a magazine on a beach chair to reserve it for later; while the hotel expressly frowns upon the practice, reserving beach chairs was all the rage, making this a rat race. I wish the hotel enforced its rule by removing towels from chairs that were reserved for future use.

The hotel is an all-inclusive property. Instead of hundreds of choices of questionable quality, the hotel offered a waiter service for most meals with high-quality menus. A dress code enforced after 6pm spares hotel guests the sight of jeans, cut-outs, shorts, flip-flops, tanktops and the like in the elegant atmosphere of the restaurant. The wines served are first-class and the dessert choice quite decent. When advised I could not have sweets, our waitress offered me a cheese platter every night.

The staff is well-trained and professional. The property is rather small and one feels almost at home with the staff.

There is one warning: most packages for the Mango Bay are offered with an option to pre-pay and reserve round-trip airport transfers, offered by Johnson's Tours. When reconfirming our return-trip to the airport, a Johnson's Tours rep told us we had to be picked up at 10:30am for a 2:35pm flight; we argued in vain with a rude and nasty rep who basically told us that if we didn't like it, we could arrange our own transportation. Picked up at 10:30, we arrived at the airport at 11am, with 30 minutes to wait in the scorching heat before the American Airlines counter opened for check-in for our flight (check-in counters are outdoors). After checking-in at 11:30, we had 3 more hours to spare at the airport, some of which time we'd rather have spent at the beach.

Be sure to opt for taking a taxi from and to the airport so you avoid this bad ending to an otherwise unforgettable vacation.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank EANYC
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I worked at Mango Bay last year as an intern and I loved every minute. The staff were fantastic and made me feel very welcome and so did the guests especially the Winter family! I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone, especially Sunil for being a great friend and that I hope to visit soon.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank J-Heart-Travelling
Reviewed October 2, 2009

This hotel and the staff are a credit to the owners and managers , the hotel does what it says on the side on the side of the tin , no hidden extras , no hidden - you cant have or do that . Free trips that tour operators are charging for !!! , will book you anything you want to do to make your stay perfect . Waitress service for lunch and dinner - that makes things more up market , rather than the scrum for the buffet meals in other hotels .

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank geoffChester
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stayed in Mango Bay for 10 nights in September as the second part of our honeymoon. The first week we stayed in another hotel on the south coast which did not rate at all compared to Mango Bay. We had an ocean view as they had upgraded us from a superior view and the view was beautiful. We loved the hotel, just the right size you could be on your own and not to have to say hello and talk to people if you didn't want to and small enough that there was personal service. We loved the food, literally every meal was like dining in the most perfect restaurant and the location was very good. The food at Mango Bay was in a different league from a similarly ranked hotel we stayed in the proceeding week. Forget the negative views about the mongeese - they were like large guinea pigs and we loved watching them scamper round the pool. Also, forget the whole river/creak issue down the side of the hotel, it didn't bother us and we thought it just gave the moaners out there something to whinge about. I loved this hotel so much that I would go back in a heartbeat. The food, drink, service was second to none and so was the entertainment in the evening. Don't listen to the negative reviews, it really is a great, smart hotel and worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple