Mango Bay All Inclusive
$173
$143
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Sandpiper(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$574
$417
Divi Heritage(Saint James Parish)
$80
The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa All Inclusive(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
$338
  • Breakfast included
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
$86
  • Pool
$513
$450
Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
$459
$399
Fairmont.com
Coral Reef Club(Holetown)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,708 results
All reviewssuperior roomglass bottom boatlunch and dinnercatamaran tripsmall hotelwater skiingrum punchthe penthousefree catamarancold towelsa la cartewaitress servicebar staffocean frontevening entertainmentstreet partyour honeymoon
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I want to be completely fair about Mango Bay and it has taken me ages to try and get this review right. Also you should bear in mind that it was our first time in the Caribbean having spent all my previous holidays going from England to India, Thailand, Vietnam, South Africa etc.

The staff are really nice. The food is good. The location is lovely. So what is the problem?

It is expensive but there is nothing wrong with that. And you get a lot of quality thrown in to the all inclusive package. Wine always topped up (and surprisingly nice wine too), good quality beer and attentive service. However, it wasnt the top end you would expect in my opinion. The hotel is showing its age which was surprising for a hotel of its price (not that the others nearby looked any better by any stretch so probably compares favourably to them I suppose).

However, I felt it like it was falling behind other places in the World when you compare it against Asia particularly. For this price you get luxury in southern india, thailand and South Africa. And its not like you lose out on the scenery in those places. The beaches are just as good in southern indian and Thailand. Thereafter, the cost of being a tourist in those countries is a fraction of the Caribbean meaning a big saving.

I think all this was illustrated by the other people there at the same time as me and the wife. There were lots of repeat visitors in their 60s and 70's which didn't really surprise me. But I was left wondering as to where the younger generation were.

I am not knocking Mango Bay at all. I think you know what you get there and there's nothing really to criticise. However, if you are deciding on where to go for those types of prices I think it is hard to look passed those places that are 9 hours flight in the other direction.

Hope this helps.

Thedeadlysubmarine.

10  Thank thedeadlysubmarine
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Lovely hotel in an ideal location. Standard rooms were a bit noisy so worth paying for a pool side or beach front room, but other than that no negatives at all. Food was lovely and plenty of it. Restaurant situated on beach front, and the fact that there is only one restaurant didn't bother us at all as the menu changed daily, was not repetative and the beach front location was so nice we wouldn't have wanted to eat anywhere else anyway. Staff were very friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. Beach is gorgeous, and loads of things to do included in the all inclusive. Would not hesitate to go back, having stayed further down the coast on a previous trip to Barbados would choose Mango Bay again every time for its perfect location, excellent food and lovely staff.

Room Tip: Standard rooms overlooking road can get noisy, definitely worth paying to upgrade the room.
6  Thank kat1483
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Bear with me on this review as our poor start developed into a fabulous holiday:

Our first few hours at Mangobay were marred by the fact that our cases had been left in Antigua. The lady who was on reception wasn't overly helpful and was more concerned with taking us to the restaurant to get lunch and book dinner (and I've left her name out as I've fedback directly to the manager about this). We did ask if she would call Liat for us but she said local calls were free and we could use the phone in our room, which we did for the rest of the afternoon and evening. When we got to the restaurant we explained the situation and were told that we could either eat in our rooms or on the deck (referred to as the table of shame on Tripadvisor) which was upsetting and did nothing to warm us to the hotel. I won't go into the sorry story that was our missing cases and instead will focus on the hotel review. As the afternoon went on we spoke with Keisha at reception who was very supportive, informed the manager of our situation and continued to try Liat for us as the evening came. We decided that as everyone was coming down dressed in their finery for dinner we'd go to our rooms. We'd agreed with the manager that we'd come to a decision about dinner by 8pm and to be fair by that time we were tired, fed up and took them up on their offer to eat in our room. Half of our cases finally arrived at 9pm and were delivered to our room by the manager (and I can't stress how helpful she and the team were once she was involved).

We woke the next day with half of our cases still missing (they arrived mid afternoon on our second day) but with enough of our stuff to crack on with our holiday and we decided to do just that.

Breakfast at the hotel is buffet style with a rotating (daily) selection of hot and cold goodies. The quality of the food at Mango Bay is exceptional and we came to the conclusion this is due to them following the good old Gordon Ramsay principles of "keep the menu short and great quality". My must try breakfast goodies are the hash browns and bajan bites (little sweet dumplings) and they have a great rotating selection of juices.

Lunch must be booked but that worked really well for us and there's no rush at all so you can take your time and relax (and enjoy the delightful white wine!). The lunchtime menu rotates between buffet and table service. The soups are delicious as are the personal pizzas (which are only about 6" and perfect with a pile of salad) and Trudi (who served us most of the time) was incredibly attentive and great fun.

Dinner again must be booked and with the exception of Wednesdays and Fridays (where the european and BBQ buffets are served and men can wear shorts or jeans) the dress code is long pants and collars for men. We're used to this in all inclusive resorts so other than the first night when we had no clothes, this wasn't a problem at all. Again there's no rush, the service was fabulous, it appears like there's almost 1 member of staff to each guest and they're all incredibly polite and attentive. Highlights for me were the chicken in stilton sauce and BBQ night where the steak and onion rings were incredible. Deserts are small and plentiful so you can indulge without guilt and the rum and rasin or coconut ice cream are to die for!

The rooms at Mangobay aren't huge (we were in a standard room) but contain everything you need. Be aware though, standard rooms are accessible only by stairs so if this is an issue, you'll need to either notify the hotel or book a superior room which is in a wing with an elevator. Rooms have great air con, power showers, iron and ironing board and plenty of power points. They also have very friendly pretty birds who visit your balcony in the morning!!

On the subject of animals, if you've never met a mongoose you'll definately meet some at Mangobay. They're simply adorable (once you get used to them shooting across your path) and it was great fun to watch them playing on the lawned area by the boardwalk.

The pool area feels very spacious even though it's only a small hotel. The layout works really well and the pool is different levels of depth in each area with a very pretty bridge by reception. The beach is just off the boardwalk which has very comfortable beds and seats on which to sunbathe, enjoy the shade under the canopies or watch the incredibly stunning sunsets. There are plenty of beds and umbrellas and for the most part guests do comply to the request not to reserve sunbeds, both on the beach and by the pool.

Entertainment is exceptionally good especially on a Thursday when Virgo (a Bajan girl group) played the most phenomenal set for two hours.

There are two complimentary trips at Mangobay for guests; we went on the catamaran trip to swim with the turtles which was a truly memorable experience. I'm terrified of fish and didn't want to get into the sea but as soon as I saw the turtles I was in! Truly, truly memorable and the guys running the catmaran were fabulous, great fun and pointing out areas of interest along the way.

As we reflected on our first day as the holiday went on we believe that the initial response we got (to our bags being missing) was probably due to the fact that this is common practice for Liat. So it wasn't a massive surprise to the lady on reception. However, by the time we got to the end of the second day we were so relaxed and enjoying the hotel.

One final note; the Elements Spa which is situated just by the pool near reception is incredible. I decided to get my nails done to kill some time on the first day and it was the best decision I made. I was made to feel so welcome, I relaxed, was treated so wonderfully and if you're staying at Mangobay then you should definately indulge yourself with a treatment here.

I would absolutely recommend Mangobay without hesitation to anyone visiting Barbados. With just 60 rooms there's a genuine small hotel feel to it but with it comes outstanding quality and service. The fact that it's located just off first street in Holetown means that you can wander over to Limegrove or the Chettel houses or enjoy the nightlife (particularly good on Fridays and Sundays) which is right on your doorstep. So go to Mangobay and enjoy it, we did :-)

Room Tip: splurge on a superior room (the ground floor rooms by the pool are outstanding)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank finchaa
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel is in a great location on Discovery Bay. The food and drink is plentiful and good, but most of all the staff are really friendly. Mango Bay is sufficiently away from the main road whilst the beach-front band finishes at about 10.30 pm - any late night partying can be had within walking distance, so you are ensured peace and quiet if and when you need it.

Room Tip: Sea front rooms are the best - and the top ones are on the second floor. Pool side are good, but others can occasionally have noise spilling over from local bars
1  Thank TopkapiSofia
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel and the staff is simply brilliant, me and my new wife went there for our honeymoon and it was a honeymoon made in heaven due to the people and the staff we where treated like king and queen, one word awesome. Thank you Lee and Charlotte x

• Stayed: October 2012