Like other reviewers have commented I don't get the negative reviews on this hotel either.
We've stayed there for a number of years and everytime the hotel exceeds our expectations. The staff are delightful and friendly - they will go out of their way to make you feel welcome and safe. The hotel is spotless - the rooms are SO thoroughly cleaned it is amazing and if you are not careful you can end up with a bathroom that is just full of fresh clean towels - the supply is endless.
The restaurant is second to none - having eaten in many amazing restaurants in London this place has high standards. The food might not be cutting edge by London standards, but then that is not what many of the guests would want.
The rooms are simple but great - don't expect TVs, trouser press etc - but that is all part of the charm. Complete relaxation away from TV, internet etc.
The grounds are lovely. The beach is a little sparse, but one second next door is more and more beach some of which seems constantly empty.
Ignore the negative reviews!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst twelve acres of beautifully landscaped gardens on the calm West Coast of Barbados, Coral Reef Club is the epitome of West Indian elegance. This family owned and run luxury resort renowned for its special ambiance and classic island style. A five star hotel, it is one of the finest in the Caribbean. Accommodations are traditionally designed with wooden balustrading, fretwork and shuttered windows. Fine dining and personal service are a high priority at this "Small Luxury Hotel of the World". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Coral Reef Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Reef Club Hotel Saint James
- Coral Reef Hotel
- Coral Reef Saint James
- Coral Reef Club Barbados/Holetown