“BEST LOCAL RESTAURANT ON WEST COAST”

Ragamuffins Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 41 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Manchester, United Kingdom
“BEST LOCAL RESTAURANT ON WEST COAST”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Wow what a find !!! Local restaurant ( shack ) in Hooletown just opposite the new modern shopping Mall.
Ragamuffins is owned and run by an ex pat who has lived in Barbados for many years
Food amazing , best West Indies Curry ever and Jerk Chicken Salad
First on list when we return great food , atmosphere and price

Visited March 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good Choice for Food in Holetown”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were wandering around Holetown undecided about where to eat when we passed Ragamuffins. The owner gave us a potted history of the restaurant and assured us the food was cooked by local ladies with many years experience in the kitchens so we decided to give it a go.

The food was indeed good served in large portions and service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited March 2013
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Sunday night review”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

After reading previous reviews, I thought I should add one also. We too booked for the Sunday night show, so didn't have high expectations where the food was concerned! The Bajan fish cakes were the best we'd eaten, and the blackened snapper excellent, however the Carribean curry was just average and value for money was questionable.. However this is the West Coast. The Drag show was great entertainment and proved to be a great night out.

• Visited March 2013
Barbados
“'It's a hot curry, you have no choice love'”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I've been here a few times, not particularly for the food or it's timely serving but rather for the cabaret show. What has annoyed me in this particular instance was the rudeness meted out to me by the proprietor. Essentially he came around to all the tables to inquire of our evening and dining experience and when I sought to highlight to him that the curry was so hot that it was burning my lips and the upper palate of my mouth, before I could finish my statement his response was 'it's a hot curry, you have no choice love'...... and walked away. I had no time to respond or offer any suggestions.

I am a local and I enjoy hot and spicy foods. So for me, this was beyond being hot and reached into the realm of indelible. If this is the case, the waitresses should warn the customers on how hot the meal is or it should be indicated somewhere on the menu. Also, to respond to a customer the way he did is just unacceptable and such a put off. I wish we could see the show somewhere else. That will be my last visit to ragamuffins.

Holetown, Barbados
“Sunday Night at Ragamuffins”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my 3rd visit since January and having had Caribbean Chicken curry on the other occasions I ordered the 10 oz Sirloin steak. Now the last time I ordered steak cooked very rare at Tides, it took three attempts and the final one was rare but cold. Ragamuffin's steak was cooked exactly as I ordered ( and was a good deal cheaper than Tides ! .What more can I say, except that eating a good steak and watching the brilliant "Mannequins in Motion " made for a great night.

I have known the "Girls " for possibly 16 to 18 years and they still continue to get more and more entertaining and professional.

Ragamuffins does not pretend to be a "Fine Dining" kind of restaurant, but what it offers is good and not pricey, nor are drinks overpriced. The show on Sunday is the icing on the cake. Book early in high season or you will not get a table.

Visited March 2013