TripAdvisor

8:00 PM
Ranked #19 of 54 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sitar offers the best of North & South Indian cuisine - from the tantalising tandoori to rich creamy kormas. Naan bread is served fresh from the tandoor oven and there are many vegetarian options. Sip a cocktail at the Sitar bar while you nibble on tasty small bites. After dining in the comfort of the AC feel free to smoke the hookah on the balcony overlooking the most popular street on the west coast. Expect an unforgettable culinary experience served with warm indian hospitality.
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Gem of an Indian tucked away at the top of 2nd Street. Excellent service and although starters were a bit average the main courses are as good as I've had at these prices. The Chilli Garlic Chicken a particular highlight. Very friendly manager/owner. Just make sure you get in before 10 o'clock as this isn't a late night place

1  Thank Charliestubbsy
Write a reviewReviews (350)

Reviewed February 6, 2010

this was quite possibly the worst indian meal we have ever had, i had eaten here before and it was ok, but this time there was little spice all 4 meals although different on the menu both looked and tasted exactly the same. The only thing edible was the naan, upon complaint the waitress laughed!!!!!

4  Thank oscardogBirminghamUk
Reviewed October 22, 2009

probably not as good as your local u.k indian but better than most i have found in usa.
had chicken jalfrazi, lamb madras, cauliflower boji, raita, rice, garlic nan and 6 drinks. all pretty good, spicy enough and would go back . service excellent. bill was B$200 so not cheap but in barbados nothing is!!

Reviewed October 21, 2009

The food was average for an Indian, the service was good but the prices are high... what bugged me the most was that I asked for additional rice as the portion for two was small (more like for one) and they charged me again for another double rice.... I just think when you are spending over 150 $BD for a two course meal with two local beers they could have thrown in the extra rice.

Reviewed June 26, 2009

I haven't been to Sitar in several years but I dream about their butter chicken. The sauce is to die for, I always used my naan to wipe my bowl clean. The service was slow, even when you're the only ones in the restaurant but a simple wave or nod to the waiter will get them to your table. (Of course this may have changed). I hope to get back to Barbados soon so I can have my favorite meal again!