“Very good Indian food by UK standards”

Sitar Indian Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 43 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sitar offers the best of North & South Indian cuisine - from the tantalising tandoori to rich creamy kormas. Naan bread is served fresh from the tandoor oven and there are many vegetarian options. Sip a cocktail at the Sitar bar while you nibble on tasty small bites. After dining in the comfort of the AC feel free to smoke the hookah on the balcony overlooking the most popular street on the west coast. Expect an unforgettable culinary experience served with warm indian hospitality.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I would love to know which Indian restaurant the critics of Sitar eat at in the UK. I have eaten at a wide range of Indian restaurants across the UK, including some of the best rated, as well as Worldwide including India. The Sitar is not the best but its perfectly good by any realistic standards. We had a wide range of main courses, breads and rice. All were fresh with a good depth of flavour well served and presented. Flavours were very similar to our local; heat level on request. Highlights for me were the chicken jalfrezi, tarka dhall and the lovely nan breads. I would recommend Sitar as an antidote to all the surrounding restaurants for a good old ruby murray, right in the middle of Holetown. Papadums, generous main courses and drinks for four cost US$235 including service.

1  Thank EdB222

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Lovely waitress. Food was poor. I make better Indian , with a jar of patak's sauce. So not great value. Everything is pricey, as are other restaurants. The place wanted doing up. The location is very seedy. 1st/2nd street, the place wants redeveloped. Maybe that's why their all so expensive. As I've said before, you'll only come once, nothing would make you come back. Sorry. Just being truthful.

1  Thank Frankstuart
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to this Restaurant . Our waitress was attentive, I felt the food was tastier on my first visit never-the-less the food was enjoyable.

2  Thank Rosbuck
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It was a rainy night but we were looking forward to an Indian meal. We were the only people in. The food wasn't great The staff tried hard, suspect it is better in the season

1  Thank LADY VICTORIA L
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Amongst a throng of average/overrated restaurants in the Holetown area, this Indian establishment is actually pretty good. On our travels, I find eating out for Indian food can be very hit or miss.
The food is of high standard – try the ginger naan. We also enjoyed the Lamb Saag & Chicken Korma – came back another night and had the Chicken Tikka Masala & Lamb Roghan – all impressive. Pappadams and rice were all quality. The service here is very attentive – almost too much so – would benefit from staff not having to watch guests eat but rather just be aware to any needs – but still, it is better than disinterested service which we sadly had a lot of during our stay in the area.

2  Thank Berliner_Frankie