“Expensive”

Sitar Indian Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 42 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sitar offers the best of North & South Indian cuisine - from the tantalising tandoori to rich creamy kormas. Naan bread is served fresh from the tandoor oven and there are many vegetarian options. Sip a cocktail at the Sitar bar while you nibble on tasty small bites. After dining in the comfort of the AC feel free to smoke the hookah on the balcony overlooking the most popular street on the west coast. Expect an unforgettable culinary experience served with warm indian hospitality.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had an excellent meal for 2but it was extremely expensive. We eat curry a lot (probably too much) and thoroughly enjoyed the food. Meal for 2 with wine was approximately £70.

There are newer reviews for Sitar Indian Restaurant

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My Wife and I had dinner on Wednesday June 13 and the food was excellent. The place was not busy (5 other people) but it is the low season and the service was great - very attentive.

Definitely worth going to for a nice Indian meal

2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed May 21, 2012

A bit of a let down really, nice place but the food was very saltly and very mild. We had vegetarian starters and mains. The waitress did not ask the usual mild/medium or hot question that we are used to, and the food was more mild than mild - to the point of lacking the Indian flavours we expected. The over salting of the dishes did not help at all. I should have said something but when asked it is easier to say everything is ok!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

we were agreeably surprised by the food in this Holetown restaurant - authentic spicing and cooking, comparable with London standards.

1  Thank RAr_12
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I am a big curry fan so in my quest to find the perfect curry I have had my fair share of disappointments. I am delighted to report though that Sitar wasn't one of them! Was it the best curry I've ever eaten? Well no, but that accolade doesn't tend to get handed out very often. All in all though, my partner and I both had a very enjoyable dinner and found the food to be authentic and decent quality. Some of the things don't taste just like curry in the UK, but I hate to break it to you, neither does curry in India...where it comes from...
The restaurant itself is not particularly sophisticated in appearance - just your standard curry house in the UK really. Go with an open mind and you shouldn't leave feeling disappointed