“In desperate need of some customer service training”

Spago Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #19 of 41 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: One of 3 locations in St James, this restaurant is located in the heart of historic Holetown; 2nd Street comes to life at night especially at weekends.
Huddersfield
“In desperate need of some customer service training”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Please note that this is a review of Spago's on 2nd Street, and NOT Spago's on the beach.

The customer service was simply non existent and so we upped and left.

On a quiet Tuesday evening we decided to give Spago's a try and walked up their steps to the entrance. The restaurant was empty but there were three members of staff stood at the other end of the bar. None of them bothered to move towards us so I went up and asked for a table for two. 'Booked' was the one word response. 'Parden me' I replied. 'Booked' was the response again.

I cottoned on and realised the server meant did I have a booking - to which I replied no. She then opened the bookings book and spent some time staring at it (there were three bookings) before inidicating I should follow her to the tiniest table in a corner with no view of anything, except a wall.

I asked if we could have another table, because, from experience, there would not have been room on this tiny table apart from a couple of plates. 'Could we have that table there' I asked - indicating a table laid for three. 'No' was the response. 'Why is that' I replied. 'It's laid for three' I was told.

Having had enough of this game, we simply left, and went somewhere else where our custom was more appreciated.

I simply cannot understand how the owner/manager, in these economic times, does not understand the need for staff to be more customer focused.

1 Thank springsteenisgod

Hythe, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

There are 2 Spago restaurants in Holetown - we visited the one at Settlers Beach on the last night of the holiday - and what a lovely place in which to do so! At a table set only feet from the waters edge we enjoyed excellent friendly and prompt service. We started the meal with salad, scallops and garlic bread and moved onto bowls of pasta accompanied by a good quality bottle of malbec. The total cost including VAT and service came to under £80. In Holetown this represents very good value - There are several other establishments where you could pay a lot more for a lot less.
I would highly recommend this if you are visiting the area.

• Visited March 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Service with a side of attitude!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Ok the location is good and appreciate its got a lot of money coming through but the service was dire!! We were a group of 6, as 1 of the party sat down he nearly took his ear off on the wall art, we all laughed.....fatal mistake as look of death from waitresss!! I had a pizza and shared bottle of white wine with 1 girl, came in at £46 which is ok value but begrudge doing service charge when everything was an effort for them. Would i go again? No as don t like lining the pockets of places that couldn t care less!!

Liverpool
“Excellent location, food, service and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We came acroos Spago as we were driving past. We entered through the grounds of the hotel and the restaurant was right on the beach. The food was very good, the location superb, and the price was very competitive. A little gem of a place.

Ottawa, Canada
“Special night at Spago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a great italian resto in Holetown that you shouldn't miss. We had a great night here with exceptional service and wonderful food. Pizzas in particular are to die for...big enough for two to share! They also serve local seafood which our party equally enjoyed. Really wonderful setting inside and it's in the lovely quirky short streets of Holetown. Don't miss it!

Visited February 2013