All reviewsbiscuitsexcellent hostsbreakfast was excellentlilac roomlovely housesunset roomwarm welcomecontinental breakfastensuite bathroomlarge gardenguest houseguest loungepeaceful havenlovely dining roommuntjac deerperfect temperaturespacious grounds
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here twice now and have been made to feel so welcome by Andrew and Caroline I feel this is a step up from your usual B&B as the standards are very high. We loved Having our own front door key so we could come and go as we pleased and it did not matter when we arrived home. Hopefully we will visit again soon.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are of a very high standard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I greatly enjoyed my stay at The Durdans. Andrew and Caroline are such friendly hosts, the breakfasts were beautifully cooked and I slept well every night. I appreciated being given a front door key on my arrival for late nights. I liked the idea of filling in a form each night stating my breakfast wants for the next day and the time I would like to be served it. I was so pleased to have found The Durdans when my usual Cromer B&B had been fully booked and I hope to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: My single room was at the back and was quiet but the house is set well back from the road which isn't a busy one so I am sure they are all as quiet as each other.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2012

When we arrived we were given a very warm welcome and we found that the decoration and ambience continued this warm feeling.
Our room was beautifully decorated and we suspect that all the rooms were of a similar standard.The bed and toiletries were as described in the web site,very comfortable and luxurious respectively.
The view from our window was of the sunken lawn which was well kept,as were all of the grounds, and I forgot to ask the origin of this because we found it intrigueing.
The breakfast was cooked to order and was the best that we have ever experienced.The idea of filling in an order form,including the required time, was very clever.
We only stayed one night but we would certainly stay again if we visit this area and we strongly recommend the Durdans to future travellers.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at the Durdans for a week, which was over all too soon. My wife and I took my 89 year old father and he was treated like Royalty by our hosts, Andrew and Caroline. We were made to feel at home from the moment we arrived, nothing was too much trouble. The accomodation is superb, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The breakfasts are cooked to perfection for those who take the "Full English", whilst there is a choice of continental, cereal, etc for those who don't. Jack, the youngest of Andrew and Caroline's 4 children and the only one we met, was a delightful lad, full of fun and very polite, a credit to his parents. A lovely place, lovely food, lovely people. Thank You for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tankie589
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights after a gap of 5 years since our last stay. Andrew & Caroline were as good hosts as we remembered and the room just as comfortable. Breakfasts are good and set you up for the day. The only real change was that their 4 children have all grown rather bigger!
This is a great place to stay in north Norfolk, close to Cromer and Sheringham and with a pleasant beach at Mundesley itself.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple