“Tasty and fast”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Located in South Yarra, this busy Vietnamese style restaurant certainly fills the spot ...and fast. You sit down, possibly on shared tables, and order your food via a printed notepad with the menu - just tick the boxes of what you want. The food comes fast and is incredibly tasty and cheap. The venue is licenced and drinks are reasonable.
Worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for MissChu

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Not living in Melbourne I feel I miss out on some of the amazing eateries Melbourne has on offer. This Vietnamese cafe has a buzz, delicious fresh food and value for money. We visit here each time we come to Melbourne (usually the city cafe) but were excited to see it in South Yarra when we were looking for a light tasty lunch break after shopping. The dumplings were defiantly a favourite.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

By whatever standard one may judge this place, it's a winner! It's alive and inviting and not surprisingly, choc full of patrons. We joined the queue and were given a 'table' in about 10-15 minutes. By table, I mean a piece of bench and two stools, but that's all we needed.
Within a few seconds we had water on the table and were given a menu (order form) to fill in by a very friendly (and super-busy) staff-member. The pace here is frantic yet the staff manage to maintain a pleasant and courteous demeanour.
The food is Vietnamese-based but influenced by flavours from all across Asia. We ordered some rice-paper rolls - steamed dumplings - and a Lemon-Grass beef with Vermicelli salad.
The rice paper rolls were big, chunky and full of flavour. The spinach and tofu dumplings were delicious and the beef was tender and loaded with fresh flavours - and just the right amount of heat. All of this, together with a couple of beers, for less than $50 - how good's that?
It's busy yet very welcoming (in a funky sort of way)... the food is great and it's tremendous value!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I did enjoy my visit here, but I can see why others may not have liked it. The food is good, but I wouldn't call it authentic Vietnamese. The pork buns are definitely Chinese, not that my kids are complaining! Also, satay is a Malay or Indnesian dish,,..it was the only dish I found disappointing,...a few pieces of sate chicken on top of a pile of rice noodles, quite bland. Don't go if you are hard of hearing, or if a member of your group has had a hip replacement, as the chairs are very low. Nice to see the availability of Parker's Organic fruit juices, rather thanCoke or Sprite.
Staff do a good job of trying to keep everyone happy, despite the cramped and noisy conditions under which they work.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went here on Sunday 28th April. Had several rice paper roll dishes. Food was ok. It is nothing flash just fast, quick simple good asian food. The only down size is the music which is far to loud - you cant hear yourself think.

Probably would not go again unless in the area as nothing jumps out at me there. All in all not a bad little eatery though. Just be warned about the loud music.