“We loved it!”

Description: R
Melbourne,
“We loved it!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The food, the wine, the views, the service - everything was great. We couldn't have had better lunch or a better experience in Castlemola than our lovely lunch at La Taverna.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank galtripper

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
columbus, ohio USA
“The view is as good as the food”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was one of the best local meals we have had anywhere in the world. The scabbord fish was fresh, delicious and cheap. The house red wine was excellent and Etna was showing her stuff.
Service was outstanding even though the place was very busy. We couldn't have been more pleased

Visited November 2013
1 Thank dfilesg
Lancashire
“Food with a view”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The most obvious draw is the unobstructed view of Etna from most tables in the restaurant - there's even an open air balcony with tables on it, which sits high above the steeply sloping village. This is a view that is worth the long climb from Taormina. (there is a bus service). My other main impression comes from their very flavoursome simple pasta dishes. Service is good and friendly.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ATJ350Lancashire
kent
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Heaven on a plate”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We came up to Castelmola to have a look round and maybe grab some lunch There was fourteen of us,so I just thought we would grab a paninni or something as In my experience when there is a big crowd you never get a really good meal,however we were recommended to go here by a lady in a gift shop.I thought this could only go two ways and my money was on going badly.How wrong was I.We were greeted by a very nice guy who quickly put together tables and a high chair,the food was to die for,I had a seafood pasta and it was packed with everything you could imagine.One of our party had a whole lobster on her pasta ! I wish we had found this place sooner as three courses wine etc was 20 EUROS.Great place great views of Etna and great value for money.I wish I lived nearer,I would eat there all the time.

• Visited July 2013
“Impossibly beautiful views, good food/vino, reasonable prices”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

After a Godfather tour of Sicily, our guide directed us here for lunch. We had the best table in the house overlooking a very active Mt. Etna. The pasta was a perfect al dente and the seafood in it was also fresh and delicious. A 1/2 liter of red house wine was cheap but it tasted dry, light, fruity, and like you imagined wine would taste in Italy. Perfect lunch. This was the #2 highlight of a 2 week Greek Isles/Italy cruise tour.

Visited November 2013