“Bellissimo”

Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Castelmola
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My boyfriend and I visited Gallo Cedrone in April of this year. Staying in the Hotel Villa Angela in the neighbouring Taormina, we decided one night to venture to the little town clinging precariously to the edge of the cliff that dominated the view from our hotel room.

Baffled by the beauty of the little place, we wandered around looking for a cosy place to eat. Enter Gallo Cedrone. We were welcomed by Ricardo and made to feel at home instantly. We were given complementary bruschetta (which I could have eaten all night long) to start our meal, which was followed by the best lasagne I've eaten for quite some time. We gourged ourselves on the best cannolis we've ever eaten, and I was lucky enough to be given the family's recipe! The food was flavourful and very reasonably priced, the service was of the highest quality and Ricardo and his family are some of the nicest, friendliest people you could ever hope to meet. (Ricardo even gave us a lift back to our hotel as the restaurant was quiet!)

I would highly recommend Gallo Cedrone to any of my friends, family or readers of this review. You are guaranteed an authentic Sicilian meal as well as fantastic conversation and, above all, a memorable evening.

Sarah & Darren
North London, UK

2  Thank misssarah86

Reviewed June 11, 2010

Delicious typical Sicilian food, beautiful view of Mount Etna and the sea, and of course a warm family atmosphere! I recommend to all -you will never forget it!

Reviewed June 7, 2010

we stayed at villa angela in may and got recomended gallo cedrone so we visited late evenining up the hill to castemola found the place its at the end off a narrow street sat outside after a very warm welcome from mamma and riccardo and is brother roberto then what can i say home cooked food very very great hosts the best food ive tasted while we were in sicily and i mean the best food in sicily and the price for four courses and drink and more drink then coffee for two off us 62 euros plus at the end off the night riccardo gave us a lift back to our hotel which was great as we could not walk back bellys too full after that we hired a car and visited again for more great food realy when you go to sicily please go to catsemola and visit gallo cedrone trust me its great thanyou riccardo roberto and mamma we will be back to see you all again love ian and paula

2  Thank tobydog
Reviewed June 3, 2010

My wife and I were wrapping up two weeks in Sicily when we followed TripAdvisor reviews and visited this casual and friendly restaurant. What a pleasant change from some of the pretentious airs in "elegant" rooms in Taormina and elsewhere in Sicily! The chef/owner, who spoke excellent English, clearly loves what he does and it showed in his work.

The eggplant parmigiana was to die for, the cannoli was the freshest and finest yet on our trip, and the complementary Bruscheta on home-baked bread was decidedly scrumptious!

The exceptional scenery along the curvy mountain road and the atmospheric hilltop village alone are worth the trip, together with this restaurant it made for a wonderful few hours!

2  Thank zenman57
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Lovely place - fabulous Sicilian sausage. Great view of Etna while you eat. Warm, friendly service. Well worth a visit.