We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Infinity Bay Resort in Roatan. We have been to many other locations in the Carribean and found this one the best one yet. We typically do the all inclusive or Cruising and this was our first holiday where we rented a condo. We did this through VRBO.com which is Vacation Rental By Owner. We were not disappointed. The resort was awesome. My husband and I had shared a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with our 2 friends. There was plenty of room in the spacious condo which as well included a full balcony with room for 4. Most of the condo at this facility have ocean view and all have pool view. We would suggest staying in building 1 to 5 or 11 to 16 which run up both sides near the beach. They are currently building a spa and restaurant so a unit near the back may have some construction noise.
The units are like new and very clean. Any time that we required service it was dealt with immediately.
BEACH- nfinity Bay has started to rent out chairs to the cruise people however they have raised the price to $40 a chair which significantly reduces the number of cruise ship people. One or two may pay it but they can rent for $15 at other resorts so no one wants to pay the price. The beach is the most beautiful that we have ever seen. Blue/Green clear water for the entire beach with soft sand bottom quite a ways out. At the end of the sandy area there is a beautiful reef area with an abundence of fish, turtles and squid. Great snorkeling right in front of the hotel.
SAFETY- We felt totally safe our entire stay in Roatan. Whether we were walking the beach at night or down the back road, it always felt safe.
BUGS- Yes there were a lot of sand flies. Just bring lots of spray and some afterbite and you will be fine. It is a small price to pay to be in paradise.
DINING- There is great dining all along the beach and into the "West End" area. FOSTERS at the far end of West Bay beach offers 2 for 1 appetizers on Monday evenings, Lobster night on Thursdays, great fried chicken any day of the week and rum punch 2 for 1.
BANANARAMA is a fun place to go on a Sunday night. They have crab races and fire dancers and good bands many nights of the week. The service however is slow and the food is so so. DONT be in a hurry anywhere in Roatan. They are all on Island Time.
BITE ON THE BEACH - This place advertises that they have electric eels that swim up to the dock however none showed up when we were there. The location is neat but the food is very expensive for what you get.
CELESTES - is located on the back road behind Infinity Bay. This was our favorite restaurant of all. Owen by a US couple and there teenage son, it only has about a dozen tables. The food selection is small but the food is great and so are the prices. You can get a 6 course dinner for 2 for $60. This comes with a bottle of wine, fruit, ceasar salad, huge shrimp cocktail, soup, 2 lobster tail dinner and carmelized bananas for dessert.
SPA- Celestes has a spa beside the restaurant with amazing prices. We went for a 5 hour spa day that included, 1 hour mud wrap, 1 hour sea salt scrub, 1 hour full boy massage, 1 hour facial as well as lunch and rum punch all for $148. WOW
TRANSPORTATION- You can take a water taxi from West Bay to the West End for $3 per person. The west end is a small town with dive shops, bars and restaurants. It is really fun taking the water taxi and there are fun places to eat and drink in the west end.
From the Airport, Infininty Bay offers a free shuttle service. We sent our bags on the shuttle and took a taxi so that we could stop at Plaza Del Mar on the way for our groceries. This is the place to get your booze and groceries. Great prices, way better than at home.
ROATAN- The people in Roatan were awesome. They are Spanish but all spoke very good english. The children learn engish in school. Roatan was the cleanest island that we have ever been to in the carribean. They really take pride of their island. The best part is that it is not commercialized yet. No Diamonds International stores or Walmart to be seen!
All in All this was an AWESOME trip and we wouldn't hesitate to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras