“Loved it! If we come back to Roatan we will stay here!”

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This place exceeded our expectations. First of all, we rented from a guy on VRBO and when he wasn't at the airport to pick us up, someone called IB and they sent a driver out to pick us up. The check-in process was smooth, flawless, and they even gave us a temporary room to stay in until our room was clean. Normally when we have rented privately from VRBO we have not had the benefit of using the front desk service. We were pleasantly surprised that we still had all the amenities of the regular guests in that we could call the front desk for anything we needed. When we needed more shampoo, toilet paper, etc, they brought it to our room within 10 minutes or less!

The room was immaculate, on the 1st floor right beside the pool and it was just perfect. We had a 1BR room with a sofa that converted to a double sized bed and our kids slept there with no problems. The condo came with a full kitchen, so we made a trip to the local grocery store on our first day there! (careful--be sure to negotiate the price for a cab ahead of time) IB can even get you on their shuttle for free if it works out with your time schedule.

We have never stayed at a place where the reef is SO close!! You walk into the water, swim out a few feet and there is some of the best snorkeling you could ever find! We even took a boat trip out for 2 separate snorkel locations and still didn't see what we saw right past our beach at the resort!

The swim up bar is great and yes, they will make pina coladas, daiquiris, etc. for the kids without alcohol so they felt like superstars!

To get to West End, the least expensive way is via the water taxi. You can go round trip for $6 per person. A cab ride will cost you about $20 round trip, so I guess it depends on how many people you have as to what would be the best deal. Personally, the water taxi is just more fun!

We ate at:
Bite on the Beach (go for sunset, then stay for the feeding of the eels)
Rendezvous Sushi (pricey but worth it for fresh sushi and for the experience)
Coconut Tree at West End (the chef used to work with Emeril and the food here is great!)
Celeste's Island Cuisine (Great breakfast and lunch and the price can't be beat!)
Thirsty Turtle at Bananarama (we ate outside and went on Monday night for the crab races followed by the fire dancers)
Vintage Pearl Wine Restaurant at Bananarama (pricey also but unbelievable food!!) They will acccommodate children, offering to let the kids split a plate or they were willing to make pasta for the kids as well.

All of these places were kid friendly. Our kids are ages 6 and 9 and had a great time at each place!

If we return to Roatan we WILL stay at Infinity Bay again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank luvlifeandtravel

Reviewed October 15, 2010

My wife and I returned from our trip to Roatan, Infinity Bay and immediately wanted to go back! The resort is beautiful as advertised, and the rooms and grounds are very nice. Originally we had booked a studio, but it did not have a full kitchen and we did not want to eat out every time, so we upgraded to a 1 bedroom no problem! The office staff was very friendly and accommodating. The resort restaurant and bar, La Palapa, was very good food and what I thought was well priced. The bar tenders and resort staff were very friendly and helpful. It was like leaving friends when we had to return home. There was a little strip mall that was a short walk from the resort where we could purchase food and beverages if we liked, as well as taxi's to take us around the island. Alex was a very friendly taxi driver, and he stayed right by Infinity Bay every day so was very convenient to walk out and take his taxi.
The weather did not cooperate perfectly for us, as we were trying to beat the rainy season with our early October stay. The weekend we arrived was wonderful on Saturday and Sunday, and we were happy we got in a really good day of snorkeling on Sunday. As the week progressed storms moved in, blowing unusually high winds, and rolling waves, and rain. As we were told by staff and owners that it was very unusual. This did blow some trash and seaweed on the beach, but the resort was quick to cleanup the debris on it's portion of the beach. The beach seemed very private for the most part and it was nice to sit out when we could. By Friday it was beautiful again, to which we could get in more good snorkeling, but the water was more cloudy, and the waves were still rough. It was still a beautiful setting, just not as picture perfect as the weekend before.
We ate at the resort restaurant most often, as well as cooked in our own condo, but we did dine in west bay, and at the Vintage Pearl, which from earlier reviews heard was a must. It lived up to the hype. The food was delicious, fresh, and the setting was very romantic. I also didn't find it as expensive as I thought, and was a welcomed treat and great experience. Vintage Pearl is a two minute walk down the beach from Infinity Bay.
All in all my wife and I would love love love to go back to Infinity bay, as it looked like the nicest place that we had seen, with a beautiful beach to snorkel and lay out. What a wonderful experience and great vacation.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KRB1183
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Inifinity Bay is on the most gorgeous stretch of beach I've ever seen in my life. The water is crystal clear without a wave in sight. We snorkled and saw sea turtles and every kind of fish imaginable, right off the shore of the resort. If you're sitting on the beach, there are plenty of lounge chairs that are reserved for resort guests, and towel service. The pool is beautiful, we often sat at the swim-up bar and just looked over the edge of the infinity pool while we had a pina colada. The people were all-around friendly, and the room was wonderful at the resort. The food was really great as well- we ate on the resort quite a few times, and I was pleased with all of it. The weather turned out to be perfect the entire week we were there. I believe we'll be making a return trip back sooner rather than later to Infinity Bay!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LBN8
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We just returned from a wonderful time at IFB. The rooms are just as pictured and in my opinion , even better than we thought. We loved the lay out of the resort and how clean the place was. Unfortunately for us it rained for a few days with big winds and waves that washed up trash on the beach from the mainland. The resort was quick to pick it up and dispose of it but it was very upsetting to see the plastic and trash that the Hondurans throw in the ocean from the mainland- this is a beautiful beach and having been there 19 years ago for 7 years in a row (10 years ago was my last time there) it was just heartbreaking and disturbing to see this beach this way. I hope someone can educate the people as to what they are doing to their environment. As this was a big detterent for us to want to return, even thought the place is fantastic.

We also had to move rooms because the main water pipe to our building broke. We loved our first room , the view was better and we had hummingbirds that are indigenous to Honduras visit us every day. This was just an amazing experience. We ended up staying where we were after the pipe was fixed 3 days later as we just did not want to deal with packing up again. The rain did not help matters. The staff was wonderful and helpful and we received fantastic service. Kevin was especially helpful and Andrea! They were are favorites and went out of their way to make our stay more enjoyable.

We loved the snorkleing , once the waves calmed down, and they same types of fish were in the same places as 10 years ago. I was scared to swim there due to all the trash I saw but did it anyway. I felt bad for the turtle we swam with and all the fish.

We did the Zip line , it was a blast and we snorkled with the dolphins and went scuba diving with Bananaramma- Bananaramma- did a great job and a good company to dive with - top notch.

Vintage Pearl was a fabulous restaurant to eat at-- splurge and go have the best meal in Roatan and ask for Angela, she was a great person to have take care of us..

We are considering going back in the spring in April or May . We usually go to Bonaire and may go there instead - we have never seen trash like that in Bonaire and the island is clean but IFB is such a great place that we will probably give it another try

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Traveling alone at age 61 and female.....No worries here ladies!
I just returned yesterday from a weeks stay at this resort. Believe me, there won't be enough space here for me to address all the positives. The reception staff were helpful, patient and eager to address any question I asked. This resorts manager makes himself available to everyone if the need should arise.Thank you Rick.
The second story condo I rented was immaculate with a great view of the infinity pool and a glimpse of the Carribean. Not one but two veranda's. One to enjoy the beginnings or ending of your day accessed thru the living area and the other intimately tucked away for privacy off the bedroom.
The food prepared and served on this property was delicious. Thank you Chef Jim for making each plate I received look like a picture out of a cullinary magazine. Did I forget to mention breakfast, lunch and dinner on the beach, yes.
There is no lack of security at this resort. Morning noon and night they are quietly visible wherever you go. This added a feeling of safety and security for me.
If you are interested in lush vegetation or beautiful flowers well kept, you've come to the right place.
I researched several properties before I made my final choice as to where I'd be staying as a first time visitor to Roatan Island. Looking back on my experience now, I can honestly say that
this won't be my only trip to this Infinity Resort. This place has it all and then some........It was like leaving family.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Joan60Indiana
Reviewed September 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Infinity Bay Resort from Sept. 4th-11th, 2010. Just remember...you are on island time people. It took us a little while to unwind, but once we did - all was well. We thought the service was very good, it is just very slow. We were prepared for this and we thought that all the employees that we encountered were very friendly during our stay.
Check in went smooth except that they didn't have us down for paying in full up front and didn't have the included breakfast noted, but that was quickly straightened up and we were off to our room. We had a bottom floor 1 bedroom unit (1101). Our view was of the backside of the pool waterfall. But that was okay, we didn't come to sit in the room - and the patio chairs always seemed to have cats sitting in them anyway. haha...I certainly don't want to sound like I am complaining here, but I feel like if I am going to write a trip report I should point out the good and the bad. If you noticed, I gave the resort 4 stars and that is based on being a resort located in Roatan, and not comparing it to Atlantis in the Bahamas.
After we unpacked we went to get a bite to eat at the beach bar (good food, but takes a while to get, I think it took close to an hour to get a hamburger & fries) and we turned in our tickets to receive our free rum punch. Like I said, we knew we were on island time, so no worries.
We needed to use the internet to let our loved ones know that we arrived safely and in the front office there is internet for guests to use for free. Nice touch!
The next morning we didn't have water in our room (couldn't brush our teeth) but my husband went and talked to someone working outside and the water was turned back on shortly. The rest of the week went pretty uneventful until the night before we were to leave and our air conditioning went out. Someone came to look at it and decided that the hose needed to be drained and did so in the bathroom sink. That got it working again - yay! But around midnight the air was out again. The morning that we are to leave we had no air, it was miserable trying to pack and get ready to go. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone to look at it, this was @ 6:00 a.m. At 7:00 someone came and looked at it and didn't know how to fix it and said someone would come at 8:00, no one came, by 9:00 we gave up and went to the front office to check out, ahhh....cool air in there! Check out went fast since we didn't charge anything to the room and we then went to get on the transfer bus to go to the airport. We always made sure to tip the men handling our bags, driving the carts (Henry) and all the waiters/bar tenders and house cleaning. I don't know how much they make, but I am sure that tips help out a lot.
We loved the snorkeling out in front of IB and all the way down to the ironshore cliffs. We were in the water @ 5 hours a day. We took over 600 underwater pictures and had a lot of fun doing that (watch out for the jellyfish though, on some days they were very bad). We got stung a few times, but it didn't slow us down, there was too much to explore! The main reason we came here was for the snorkeling/free diving. We love taking underwater photos.
The resort and pool are lovely and the workers there are always trying to keep it clean. I can see where if you want peace and quiet you may want to stay away from the pool area and swim up bar area. We were kept up two nights in a row until 1 a.m. One night from children and adults in the pool screaming and playing and the next night from adults being drunk and hollering. The sign at the pool states that it closes at 10:00 p.m. (quiet time) but evidently they do not enforce that. The noise from the pool may not bother some, but I thought that I would point this out just in case it might.
I would also advise taking some Cipro (antibiotic) with you if you intend to eat or drink off of the resort. We did get sick and I am not sure what we got sick from but by our 2nd day there we had nausea and diarrhea. I won't mention the other restaurants names that we ate at, but they were all within walking distance to Inifinity Bay. I am so glad that we took an antibiotic with us or we would have lost more than just 1 day staying in the room not being able to do much.
We did have cruise ship passengers on 3 of the days that we were there. This does make the beach much more crowded, but I understand that they need the business too. I think Monday was the only day that it seemed like the beach was somewhat vacant and we practically had it to ourselves! I took my pictures of the beach then. :)
If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try and answer them.
I am also posting some pics of the resort and some of the underwater life that we saw...sea turtles, octopus, lionfish, parrotfish, angelfish, etc. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank muscadine-eyes
Reviewed September 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Infinity Bay from 8/30/10 until 9/6/10 and had a wonderful experience. The pictures on VRBO and the Infinity Bay website accurately portrayed the resort. We were greeted with complimentary rum punch drinks when we arrived. My husband and I are really shocked at some of the reviews regarding the staff, our experience was the opposite- we found the staff to be incredibly courteous, friendly, and extremely helpful. I will admit staff were very busy on cruise ship days since a lot of cruises were being re-routed to Roatan due to the tropical storms and hurricanes that struck other caribbean islands during the time we stayed. However, no matter how busy they were- they treated us extremely well.

Infinity Bay has an excellent location- on one of the most beautiful beaches!!! Top notch snorkeling and diving is right out in front of Infinity Bay. Ocean Connections, a 5 star PADI dive shop, is a short walk near Infinity Bay and some of our dives were done right off the shore in front of IB! There are also excellent restaurants in close proximity to IB, I recommend anyone wanting to splurge for one evening- MUST check out The Vintage Pearl!!! The Sushi Grill is recommended also!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!