This place exceeded our expectations. First of all, we rented from a guy on VRBO and when he wasn't at the airport to pick us up, someone called IB and they sent a driver out to pick us up. The check-in process was smooth, flawless, and they even gave us a temporary room to stay in until our room was clean. Normally when we have rented privately from VRBO we have not had the benefit of using the front desk service. We were pleasantly surprised that we still had all the amenities of the regular guests in that we could call the front desk for anything we needed. When we needed more shampoo, toilet paper, etc, they brought it to our room within 10 minutes or less!
The room was immaculate, on the 1st floor right beside the pool and it was just perfect. We had a 1BR room with a sofa that converted to a double sized bed and our kids slept there with no problems. The condo came with a full kitchen, so we made a trip to the local grocery store on our first day there! (careful--be sure to negotiate the price for a cab ahead of time) IB can even get you on their shuttle for free if it works out with your time schedule.
We have never stayed at a place where the reef is SO close!! You walk into the water, swim out a few feet and there is some of the best snorkeling you could ever find! We even took a boat trip out for 2 separate snorkel locations and still didn't see what we saw right past our beach at the resort!
The swim up bar is great and yes, they will make pina coladas, daiquiris, etc. for the kids without alcohol so they felt like superstars!
To get to West End, the least expensive way is via the water taxi. You can go round trip for $6 per person. A cab ride will cost you about $20 round trip, so I guess it depends on how many people you have as to what would be the best deal. Personally, the water taxi is just more fun!
We ate at:
Bite on the Beach (go for sunset, then stay for the feeding of the eels)
Rendezvous Sushi (pricey but worth it for fresh sushi and for the experience)
Coconut Tree at West End (the chef used to work with Emeril and the food here is great!)
Celeste's Island Cuisine (Great breakfast and lunch and the price can't be beat!)
Thirsty Turtle at Bananarama (we ate outside and went on Monday night for the crab races followed by the fire dancers)
Vintage Pearl Wine Restaurant at Bananarama (pricey also but unbelievable food!!) They will acccommodate children, offering to let the kids split a plate or they were willing to make pasta for the kids as well.
All of these places were kid friendly. Our kids are ages 6 and 9 and had a great time at each place!
If we return to Roatan we WILL stay at Infinity Bay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras