Review of Infinity Bay
Just spent a long July 4th weekend at Infinity Bay. I must say this was a great resort on a spectacular beach setting. Having traveled all over the world, the beach was superb and the reef that is directly off the beach was amazing- one of the best I have ever snorkeled (almost as nice as Australia's Great Barrier Reef), with baby turtles and a nice variety of fish. The fine white powder sand felt great walking through.
The buildings were arranged as 2 single strips of high density condos/time shares and in between is a large infinity pool. If they tell you your room has an ocean view, you may be disappointed cause there are a lot of trees. We were on the first floor and didn't really have a view. It was ok though, cause it's a quick walk to the beach, which is by far the best on the island. Our room was nicely appointed, with a good-sized full kitchen and bar that overlooks the living room. The bedroom was rather dark. The pillows could use an upgrade and the bed was decent, maybe a bit firm (but you'll probably fall asleep immediately after all the water activities). The bathroom was very nice and modern, with a travertine walk-in shower. Water pressure was good and no problems with hot water. You can even drink the tap water, as there is quite the filtration system. There was that musty resort smell that smells a bit stale, but that was not really a concern cause once you get the AC cranking it dissipates and the room gets nice and cool. The island still suffers from a power problem, with some Texas tycoon controlling it, and overcharges for energy (we heard $900 a month for a 2-bedroom house!), and there are controlled blackouts (luckily the resort has a back-up generator that kicks right in). We thought there would be a mosquito and bug problem, but it was not that bad... a few bites, yes, but that's expected for this part of the world. Plenty of closets, drawers, and a safe. There's even a washer and dryer. Overall, first rate.
As for service, this could be improved, but since it's not really a hotel, we didn't expect top notch service with a smile. There were a few rude bartenders and other service personnel, but there were also some really nice staff as well. Don't expect to walk up to the bar or restaurant and be served right away... this is after all a relaxed atmosphere, so allow time.
While an airport connection was included with our stay, we may opt to take a taxi next time. When we arrived, we waited about half an hour in a small hot uncomfortable van while our luggage sat on the curb and was eventually put in a separate truck. If you need to be with your luggage, take a taxi. The same for the trip back. Nervous passengers paced for 20 minutes until a tarp-covered truck pulled up. Also, the resort doesn't have a proper reception area. You pretty much get dropped off on the street in front in an awkward area and make your way down a ramp to what seem like an underground reception area. While we were there we did not notice any construction, as mentioned in previous reviews.
Overall, Infinity Bay is the premiere place to stay on the island. I recommend taking a water taxi (which is right from a dock on the property's beach) to the West End town and having breakfast at the Lighthouse Cafe, with great views of the waterside town (and a great breakfast for 2 cost only $13). US dollars are accepted everywhere. We also did a fun tour underwater on these electric scooters that look like individual yellow submarines. Your head stays dry underneath the water while you sit on a small electric propeller machine that takes you on an underwater reef tour. Very very cool. Think of the submarine ride at Disneyland, but you are in control- and divers are right next to you to make sure you are ok. Google Roatan BOB to find out more- a fun and safe alternative to diving. Also, two other places to eat that I suggest are The Vintage Pearl (more pricey, but amazing service and food), and another fun for the kids type place is Celeste's that has a bunch of parrots that sit right next to you as you eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras