2,380 results
All reviewspalapa barswiss chocolatesteve mcqueeninternational buffetwest endfull kitchenfishthrough vrbothe general managerwater taxiactivities directorthe security guardwasher and dryerdive shopbedroom villaall inclusive packagemain building
Reviewed February 20, 2017

Infinity Bay resort has the best location on the beach for snorkeling. It is nice having great snorkeling right at the resort. Unfortunately since it is such a great spot/reef for snorkeling, the reef is dead. With too many tourists standing on the coral or touching the coral it is bound to happen. The security guard keeps an eye on your belongings. You still see lots of fish but the coral situation is very sad. We had breakfast included which was always very good. The staff were very nice.

Room Tip: We had a view of the pool area/beach which was beautiful.
1  Thank Sharon163
Reviewed February 20, 2017

This was our second trip to Infinity Bay for a week. This time was even more amazing than the first. The snorkeling is beyond awesome. My husband snorkeled for hours every day we were there. Shout outs go to Jorge, who made our stay unbelieveable with private beach dinners and a sunset dock dinner with amazing food and anything we could possibly want. Also shout outs to Steve McQueen, Ziggy, Harris and Julia at the bar, who were all fantastic. Both entertaining and great bartenders!! Also a huge thanks to Belkise at the front desk who went above and beyond for my husband who broke his underwater camera. She personally made sure money was deposited locally in order to have a new underwater camera delivered right to the resort within 24 hours! The service here is amazing. We had perfect weather the whole week. No worries about finding a beach chair as they always made sure there was enough for everyone. Breakfast was great at the buffet and the Palapa restaurant food is fantastic, especially the coconut shrimp, calamari and burgers. We will definitely be going back for 2 weeks next year. We highly recommend Inifinity Bay and the customer service is like no other resort we have been to.

Room Tip: Pool view or beach view rooms are best. I recommend 2nd or 3rd floor.
3  Thank letly16
Reviewed February 20, 2017

My husband and I took our 3 year old and 1 year old to Infinity Bay from Jan 23-30 via Sunwing and stayed in a 1 bedroom villa. The room was great, loved having the space for a family. That allowed us to still stay up after the kids were in bed and enjoy some wine on the spacious patio.
The staff is what really makes Infinity Bay so special. Everyone was so helpful beginning at the airport all the way to the end of our trip. They adored our kids and made us feel at home. The wait staff are excellent, bartenders as well as security and a big shout out to Juan and Philip from Bulldog Security. They are so great to chat with and made you feel safe at all times!
The food was better than most all inclusives I've been to, including 5 star resorts! The quality was great! We did venture off the resort one evening to Celeste's down the road for the all-you-can-eat lobster night on Wednesday's which was excellent, however make reservations as it's quite small.
The only suggestion I have is that the Sunwing snack area needs to have a bit more selection as my 1 year old son cannot have dairy and the one tray always had something with cheese. The other tray was fruit but fruit is not always enough as a snack for kids. The one day we missed lunch due to naptime so we went to the snack bar but we needed more that fruit for him. The staff there were able to help us out to get a proper lunch for him. Thanks so much!
The grounds are gorgeous, the snorkeling is why we went there! Amazing!!! The pool is beautiful too!
We are hoping to be able to visit Infinity Bay again next year!
Thank you to everyone who works so hard there to make this resort so great!

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank KL_travel
Reviewed February 20, 2017

We recently stayed four nights at Infinity Bay. Our time there was way too short! Next time will be a MUCH longer stay. We had a little hiccup at the start...but all was worked out & the staff at IB more than made up for it. Although we had made prior arrangements to be picked up at the airport with the resort.... we were left behind. It took over an hour and a half to get thru immigrations & I don't know if that was the reason we were left at the airport or not, but we were the last people left standing at the airport. This was very scary to me as this was my first ever international trip & I had no idea what to do. I was in tears. My cell phone had no service, so I finally found the United Airlines representative that was able to call the resort & (it took a while) but was finally told the shuttle was turning around to come back to get us. Sure enough when they arrived....there were two seats empty on the shuttle. They insisted at the front desk the driver had a list, but I have no clue why they left without us... anyway... we finally made it to the resort. We had booked a one bedroom oceanfront condo... but when we went to our condo, we found we were in a 2 bedroom oceanfront. Unit 102, ground floor. Our balcony was steps from the beach & Palapa Bar. The room, however smelt of fried fish & our front bedroom was warm...we found out later that this unit was directly over the kitchen & they have issues with the exhaust, which made our room smell & the tile floors in some areas were actually hot to the touch. I wasn't happy to hear all this at first, but soon got over it. The bedroom finally cooled to a comfortable temp about 24 hours later...and stayed there the rest of the stay, with the ceiling fans, it was comfortable to sleep. We got used to the smell after a while. Good news concerning this room for future guests, we were told by the GM that they are starting a remodel of the kitchen area in March... so hopefully they will get the issues fixed. Our safe door wouldn't work, maintenance came several times & finally removed the door to fix it, but never returned it, thanks to the fact we had an 'extra" bedroom, there was a safe in there that did work. We had daily maid service which was great, as she swept our entire 1300 sg ft place & patio every day! We left her a nice tip daily as well. We had a ground floor condo, but never once experienced any mosquitos or bugs of any kind. Despite the little hiccups, we had a FABULOUS time at the resort! It is simply stunning, the grounds are meticulously maintained, the pool always sparkling & never crowded even tho the resort was full. Obie (they towel guy) was so sweet & greeted me every morning on my balcony as he got the chairs ready for the day. He set us up the first day with towels & chairs under an umbrella & had them ready for us every day throughout our stay, even bringing me flowers one day for our little table. Jorge was our waiter most nights at the Palapa Bar, he even set us up a table on the beach for my birthday one night. It was beautifully decorated with flower & bows...very sweet. We ate all our meals onsite. The breakfast buffet was really good. The "omelet" guy (so sorry I didn't get his name) made the best eggs! Other options were plenty as well. Everything we ate at the Palapa Bar was good too. Our friends even caught Tuna one morning & gave it to the chef who prepared it perfectly for my birthday dinner on the beach! Carolyn at the front desk was my go-to gal and was very helpful. Also very helpful was Esmerelda that works in promoting the resort. We met Rick Kolinsky on the last day we were there... we told him of our issues at the airport & with the condo...he made us feel confidant we will not have any issues on our next visit. There is a really nice gift shop in the lobby with everything imaginable. There is a couple of grocery stores within walking distance. There are a lot of restaurants dotting the beach... they all looked good, we just never tried them. The best snorkeling I have ever experienced (and I've been to a lot of places in the Caribbean) is steps from the resort. On cruise ship days, next door to the IB Resort is Tabyanna Beach, where they offer guys with kayaks who will tow you around the reef for the cost of a tip. $20 bucks will get ya about an hours worth of awesome fish & reef experiences. All the staff at the IB Resort were so friendly & made our stay a great one. We plan to go back asap... maybe even this year!

Room Tip: The elevators do not work at the resort, so if stairs are an issue, book a ground floor unit. Views aren't as good...but still gorgeous!
Reviewed February 19, 2017

My husband and I went to this resort over Christmas! It was a nice short ride from the airport and enjoyed a local beer on the air conditioned bus ! The check in was quick and the staff are very accommodating and friendly. We went straight up for a lovely lunch. The food was very good ! Lots of choices and good flavour ! The rooms are lovely ! The kitchens are well equipped and we enjoyed the large balconies and the ceiling fans in each room ! The beach is lovely and the snorkeling right off the beach was amazing . We weren't impressed with the prices in the scuba shop for their excursions but other than wanting to rent a flashlight for night snorkeling we really didn't need them . They wouldn't rent the flashlights by the way unless you booked an excursion . The one downside is the busy beach with people trying to sell you things again and again and it was very busy with people and activities from other resorts . It was worse when a cruise ship came in! It was like Miami Beach. The security guys who were very nice kept the sellers off the resort so you can escape the busy areas and have some quite by the pool ! The all inclusive wasn't completely all inclusive in regards to the alcoholic drinks but there were enough choices to enjoy. Unfortunately we missed the mark and didnt realize how much rain they get a Christmas but it was still a wonderful trip! We would go back but may check out a couple of the other islands that are nearby with what we hear are quieter and great snorkeling!

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple